Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Caribbean vacation

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Caribbean vacation

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 01-12-2014 05:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any of you ever vacationed in the Caribbean? Trying to pick a good resort seems to be like figuring out which gold brick isn't just a spray painted turd.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-12-2014 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Resorts are gay... And cruise ships... Etc... it's like Disney Land for morons...

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 01-12-2014 11:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Resorts are gay... And cruise ships... Etc... it's like Disney Land for morons...

agreed.

take a backpack and scrap the luxury.

there's nothing gained from taking your usual life elsewhere.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 12:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is a covert brag about going on a vacation to the Caribbean.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 02:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, tropics for the poor.

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 03:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm going to Dutcholand Tropics next month, tho I'm staying on the French side of the island.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 04:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

This means that my threat to come about good steak houses in NYC will be a covert brag thread as well. This displeases me as I was actually looking for advice

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't look for adsvice, it's bragging. And spell "thread" properly.

:sly:

BitWISE, why don't you go to a travel agent?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 05:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bit, I've been a few times. You can pretty much do the same shit no matter which island/beach you go to. If you're looking to do some diving, the Bahamas is nice. I did three separate dives down there, including a shark dive. Jamaica is fun too. I actually really enjoyed the food there. Couldn't get enough jerk chicken. Mexico has some nice places too. Last time we stayed at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla. It was only a couple hours drive to Chich'enitza. We also stopped off and swam in a cenote. Good times...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 05:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

i'd take bit's word over kracus tho

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
take a backpack and scrap the luxury.

there's nothing gained from taking your usual life elsewhere.

Its for the honeymoon and we live in one of the shit weather capitals of the world. Last week it was -40, this week its 44 and rain every day. We just want to go relax on a beach with some great food and drinks. I'd love to tour the local area though, don't get me wrong. Definitely interested in hiking and diving.

Eraser wrote:

Genuinely trying to figure this shit out. Everyone seems to have a different opinion about each location and the only hotels without disappointed reviews are over budget. I get that negative comments are the life blood of the internet though.

DTS wrote:
Don't look for adsvice, it's bragging. And spell "thread" properly.

:sly:

BitWISE, why don't you go to a travel agent?

We're probably going to end up at one.

xer0s wrote:
bit, I've been a few times. You can pretty much do the same shit no matter which island/beach you go to. If you're looking to do some diving, the Bahamas is nice. I did three separate dives down there, including a shark dive. Jamaica is fun too. I actually really enjoyed the food there. Couldn't get enough jerk chicken. Mexico has some nice places too. Last time we stayed at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla. It was only a couple hours drive to Chich'enitza. We also stopped off and swam in a cenote. Good times...

Paradisus sounds perfect. Can't get the website for that specific location to work though.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 07:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tripadvisor might help you out.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 07:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When I worked as a travel agent everyone wanted to go to the ABC islands. From what I heard those were the nicest spots/most demanded.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am on a break in Botswana in a tourist town called Maun, amazing people, weather and activities.
Try Africa at least once in your lifetime.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
When I worked as a travel agent everyone wanted to go to the ABC islands. From what I heard those were the nicest spots/most demanded.

Did you also hear about the guy who has an actual Golf GTI?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just keep it to one thread please, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How about you stop trying to pass off hearsay as personal experience, Kracass?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too bad that Cuba is such a fuck around for Americans. I was there last year for a few weeks, had a blast :up:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 06:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

big island of Hawaii !

great place for a honeymoon for sure!

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh and dont be jeluz q3w this isnt a brag

thread bit doesnt do that

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 07:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hawaii and Africa would be very cool but we decided we didn't want to spend all that time flying and being jet lagged.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you considered Surinam? It's supposed to be pretty cool - everyone's pretty dirt poor but there's only a handful of people that actually live there, so the jungle is lush as fuck. Not the sort of destination where you hang out on the beach and order cocktails for 2 straight weeks (suppose you certainly can if you want to, but there's better places for that), the fun is in travelling around the country and speaking to the locals. Do a jungle trek, eat forest chicken*, swim with piranhas, shit like that.

I've never actually been there though, this is all hearsay. It's on my list of places to go though :up:

* Forest chicken: not actually a chicken, it simply means 'bird that lives in the jungle and can be eaten'

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.