Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-23-2015 07:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^Cellphoneage

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-23-2015 07:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^Blockheadage. :olo:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-23-2015 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dubz wrote:
how do you know how much deep sleep youre getting?

All the info is on page 22.

ToxicBug wrote:
I've been tracking my sleep with Sleep As Android and realized that rather than 8h of sleep I only need 5h30m of sleep per night. Enjoying my extra 2h30m free time per day \o/

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-23-2015 08:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
^^^Blockheadage. :olo:

Polly want a cracker...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-23-2015 11:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're always thinking of your stomach. :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-01-2015 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Need a report from you Doombrain on the Barcelona excursion :)

How was Barcelona Doombrain?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-01-2015 11:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very good. One of my fave cities.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 05:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought an Osprey Aether 60L nerdbag.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 06:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very cool. I want one.

I bought an Osprey Farpoint for my Japan trip. It works great for day hikes, but I need something like this for overnight, multiday hikes...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is the "H2O" an integrated hydration system or just a pocket to put your Camelbak?

nice bag, pretty colour :)

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 08:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
is the "H2O" an integrated hydration system or just a pocket to put your Camelbak?

Thanks! I think the H2O pocket is for one of these (sold separately).

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought an awesome antique flare gun.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 10:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Osprey make some great gear.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 10:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
seremtan wrote:

Thanks! I think the H2O pocket is for one of these (sold separately).

Wow, 36 bucks is a nice price compared to a Camelbak. It'd be even cooler if they just went ahead and included it with the pack...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 10:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool story

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 11:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

Sweet. Has the stock been redone? The action and stock look to be in much better shape than the barrel. What's the story on this gun?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 11:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Booked my flight to Japan and mutha fucks only done give me a few extra days to sightsee.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
Booked my flight to Japan and mutha fucks only done give me a few extra days to sightsee.

pics plz. lots.

also a challenge - pic of you at an arcade on dance-dance-revolution with a baying crowd of locals. this, your big chance for interwebs fame. :cool:

I might manage some pics of fish, or me pulling a face in front of Matsumoto castle.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 12:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Basically, more of this.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

what's with the stacks of cash?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 12:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

u no

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol they're just napkins - they've fooled everyone who has looked at them in real life so far! If you look closely you can see how fake they look around the edges, there's no bleed.

Flare gun is real, though, I don't know anything about it (or what a stock even is), I just liked the look of it, and it wasn't particularly expensive. Going to hang it somewhere.

It does work apparently. The thing that goes back and forwards, not the trigger, but the thing that hits the thing that makes the flare go is still there.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 02:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
lol they're just napkins - they've fooled everyone who has looked at them in real life so far! If you look closely you can see how fake they look around the edges, there's no bleed.

Flare gun is real, though, I don't know anything about it (or what a stock even is), I just liked the look of it, and it wasn't particularly expensive. Going to hang it somewhere.

It does work apparently. The thing that goes back and forwards, not the trigger, but the thing that hits the thing that makes the flare go is still there.

The hammer is the thing.

It'd be interesting to know the age and make of it...

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 03:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

could also be the firing pin thing

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 07:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I for one, welcome our glowing alien overlords...

(Night climbing at the gym with friends)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 07:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, I also hung out with Nina and Louise of Veruca Salt last week. They were here in Toronto for a show. Nina's hot, I accidentally touched her bra strap and now I will never wash my hand.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 11:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

I'm gonna guess it's a WW1 era Verey (sometimes spelled Very) flare gun. The grip certainly looks like one, but the long ass barrel extention thing is a bit strange.

Cool stuff in any case. Where did you get it..?

Last edited by Ryoki on 08-04-2015 12:20 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-03-2015 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A nice piece syp0s and I like the bit about the money/notes in the box too.

:arrow: obsidian, I had to Google " Nina and Louise of Veruca Salt" to appreciate their talent :D
Click

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 04:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Oh, I also hung out with Nina and Louise of Veruca Salt last week. They were here in Toronto for a show. Nina's hot, I accidentally touched her bra strap and now I will never wash my hand.

Omg dude, so jellus. Volcano Girls is totally my jam.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 07:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea obsi more VS details plz!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

meh

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 12:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

I'm gonna guess it's a WW1 era Verey (sometimes spelled Very) flare gun. The grip certainly looks like one, but the long ass barrel extention thing is a bit strange.

Cool stuff in any case. Where did you get it..?

Don't tell him.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just ordered these to keep the sound of other people out on long flights.

https://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-p ... e-devices/

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Veruca Salt broke up almost a decade and a half ago when lead singers Nina Gordon and Louise Post had a fight (allegedly over some guy). They each lead their own successful solo careers. Now older and wiser, the two had slowly been rebuilding their relationship over the last few years. Nina contacted Louise a year or two ago and the pair decided to work on some new material along with original band mates, Jim Shapiro (drummer and Nina's brother) and Steve Lack (bass). Their new album, Ghost Notes, was released earlier this summer, followed by a North American tour.

VS was here in Toronto last Tuesday (details and review of the show here) for their show at the legendary Lee's Palace. They probably should have booked a much bigger venue (max capacity 550) since the show was sold out early and there were fans outside still trying to find someone to buy their tickets from. One guy drove 8 hours from the States to try and buy a ticket from people in line (he actually got in so he must have paid a lot extra for it).

Anyway, I had an all access VIP pass so I showed up extra early. On my way to the venue, I caught Jim walking around on a busy street in downtown Toronto with what looked like a bag of groceries trying to look inconspicuous, which I though was funny considering he is quite tall and has sort of a distinctive Psycho Bob hair, though he's missing the clown shoes. He looked relieved that no one besides myself had recognized him. At the venue, the band set up for sound check, which I've never watched a band do before. It was interesting to see Nina and Louise constantly tweaking their pedals and levels with the control booth trying to get the acoustics right, and otherwise joke around. I got to meet with all of them, had some photos taken (I had my arm around Nina and that's when I accidentally touched the back of her bra, but she didn't complain), they also signed my copy of their CD and gave me an autographed poster.

The show itself was awesome. Opening for VS was a NYC band, "Charly Bliss" - a weird mix of bubblegum punk which reminded me a bit of "Yeah Yeah Yeahs". Lots of energy between the band and the crowd. They played a good mix of their new material along with a bunch of oldies. The crowd was pretty wild, but I guess we have all been waiting for 14 years for this show. If anyone is interested, I'll post a few photos once I get them off my phone.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 12:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never heard of her.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.