Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-23-2016 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm only good for semi massive weight and outrageous reps.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-23-2016 07:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
if i dropped my alcohol consumption by 50% it would be zero

Still, I had a glass of wine or was that two, with lunch just now :)

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-23-2016 07:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Weight watchers? Lol u fucking idiot... No one does that anymore becuz... Internet...

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 01-23-2016 08:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Still, I had a glass of wine or was that two, with lunch just now :)

How unQueenslanderish of you. You should have downed a six pack of XXXX and slapped your wife around a bit.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-23-2016 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking Australians... The [LOL RACISM] of the southern hemisphere .. :olo: ...

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 01-24-2016 12:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^lol Mexicans...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-24-2016 01:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Flex Donkey wrote:
You should have downed a six pack of XXXX and slapped your wife around a bit.

anyone who gets pissed enough from a six-pack of XXXX to slap their wife around is a fucking lightweight

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-24-2016 02:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or she really had it coming.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-24-2016 08:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ordered a 64gig iPhone 6s. after two months of the work android phone its clear which platform is the best (for me).

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2016 01:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Flex Donkey wrote:
How unQueenslanderish of you. You should have downed a six pack of XXXX and slapped your wife around a bit.

I have always loved my XXXX and it is the beer here for Queensland and Australia, wait, checks for data (probably old anyway).

Yes here it is. The popularity of our drop is nation wide; heard it mentioned on the news the other day.

Quote:
Australia’s Top 10 Beers
1. XXXX Gold 12.4%
2.VB 12.3%
3.Carlton Draught 9.3%
4. Tooheys New 7.1%
5. Tooheys Extra Dry 4.4%
6. Carlton Mid 3.8%
7. Carlton Dry 3.3%
8. Corona Extra 3.1%
9. Pure Blonde 2.6%
10. Hahn Premium Light 2.5%

I have sampled all bar that Tooheys stuff :smirk:

Source

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-25-2016 02:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This weekend we bought a giant biologically responsible eco-chicken and after marinating it for hours we spit roasted that motherfucker in our brand new oven. We then invited some friends to help us eat the massive thing, because jesus christ. Anyway, it was highly awesome and i'm already pondering what to spit roast next, maybe a little pig or something.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-25-2016 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pics?

I hear David Cameron has some excellent tips on pig spit-roasting :owned:.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-25-2016 06:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No pics i'm afraid, we were all too busy staring at the fucking thing turning around - will take some next time :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-25-2016 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
biologically responsible eco-chicken

wat

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-25-2016 11:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After being curious about how those anime statue figures are made (all these parts and not a single seam anywhere?) I watched a few videos. The process looks like a lot of fun so I decided to start getting in to sculpting, casting, and painting figures.
I'm waiting on a shipment of silicone for creating my moulds but my airbrush, compressor, vacuum pump (degassing silicone), paints, and clays are in.
I'm looking at getting a pressure pot as well for casting resin and eliminate as many air bubbles as possible.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-25-2016 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone for Silicone_Milk :)

Nice creative hobby. You are/were a :q3: mapper I am sure(?) but I had the idea (from somewhere) you into this craft like phantasmagoria?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-26-2016 03:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Silicone for Silicone_Milk :)

Nice creative hobby. You are/were a :q3: mapper I am sure(?) but I had the idea (from somewhere) you into this craft like phantasmagoria?

Nothing even close to the scale phantasmagoria works at; I'll just be creating tiny resin models and painting them.
Yeah I made some unreleased maps. I was more interested in optimizing geometry and vis rather than actually making a playable map though.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-26-2016 09:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heyo. I also started sculpting a little while back. I'm using SuperSculpey polymer clay. I wish I had more time in the day to do more of it.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-26-2016 10:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Heyo. I also started sculpting a little while back. I'm using SuperSculpey polymer clay. I wish I had more time in the day to do more of it.

Neat. I was originally looking at using sculpey as well but I decided to use an air-drying stone powder clay (La Doll and Premier) which can be hit with a dremel tool after drying. I'll be playing around with it this weekend.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys gotta post pics :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I'm putting on weight, Chunk is making a return yo :D

redline
redline
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

You're gaining muscle? What's your height/weight?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 09:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

You're gaining muscle? What's your height/weight?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 09:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big/fat

redline
redline
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 12:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
[vid]

So you're just gaining fat on purpose? But why?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cos chocolate hobnobs and Christmas.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Cos chocolate hobnobs and Christmas.

That's cool :up:

Xmas was over a month ago, are you planning on losing the extra fat that you've gained? You're 31, right? What's your height and weight right now?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In rock climbing news, today was the second time that I've been able to redpoint (in lead climbing, completing the entire route from beginning to end without falling or resting) a 5.12- (the grade of difficulty of the route, in this case pretty darn hard).

It's all relative though. Currently, the world's hardest climb is a 5.15c (which only 2 people in the world have been able to complete), the Dawn Wall climb in Yosemite that was in the news last winter had a bunch of 5.14 pitches. Most of my climbing friends top out at 5.10 or 5.11.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 09:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
In rock climbing news, today was the second time that I've been able to redpoint (in lead climbing, completing the entire route from beginning to end without falling or resting) a 5.12- (the grade of difficulty of the route, in this case pretty darn hard).

It's all relative though. Currently, the world's hardest climb is a 5.15c (which only 2 people in the world have been able to complete), the Dawn Wall climb in Yosemite that was in the news last winter had a bunch of 5.14 pitches. Most of my climbing friends top out at 5.10 or 5.11.

Pics of you climbing? This thread needs more pics.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-28-2016 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
obsidian wrote:

Neat. I was originally looking at using sculpey as well but I decided to use an air-drying stone powder clay (La Doll and Premier) which can be hit with a dremel tool after drying. I'll be playing around with it this weekend.

For resin models I'd recommend using non-sulphur based chavant plasteline. You can get insane detail with it and it never dries out, it's quite costly but then it's reusable. It comes in different hardnesses, it's really nice to smooth detail with IPA and the warmer it is the softer it is. You can even pour it if you warm it up in a saucepan or a batik pot (though the fumes smell ass). When toymakers make their resin figures they start with plasteline and then mould it and recast it in tooling wax to get finer detail and then finally remould the wax one for the resin castings.

Post pics!

This is a great forum by the way: http://www.statueforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 http://www.statueforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-29-2016 02:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got called to play with Casey Cizikas (NHL forward) and his junior buddies tonight, always fun making huge saves on pro players.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-29-2016 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-04-2016 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TLDR - fixed the on/off button on my old rig.
--------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd share a recent success story.

My old desktop PC has had a good life but now enters retirement and as it was too good to sacrifice, my Wife inherited in place of her trusty laptop.

Recently it had booting problems with a long bios beep and no video on pressing that on/off button at times. So the power button was suspect. I emailed ANTEC for a spare but, yes you guessed, none are available. On a second email I suggested more recent models (appear) to have the exact same button and surely it fits. They came back saying my old case (circa 2008) the on/off button is simply not replaceable :cry: It is a molded and part of the case!

Looking for other possible sources of the problem I figured it might well be the video card. It could be hungry for a few more watts since I added those extra 2 HDDs. It had a 650 Watt PSU powering the video card, 5 HDDs, 1 x SSD and a DVD.

I set about the fix as you do. I removed those extra and surplus HDDs (4) and cabling to tidy up the case. I then checked the on/off switch when I just touched the wires to it and one fell off :smirk: The copper connection on the back of the on/off button separated with no chance of repair. Seems the occasionally firm press made the connection.

So I was off to the local electronics/hobby shop for a new on/off push button and $1.65 (AUD) it was the simplest and cheapest fix' otherwise it could mean a new case.

All fine now after one small 5mm hole drilled, push button fitted, connections made and a little solder applied :up: :up: Now it's is a custom case :)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-04-2016 08:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just picked up one of these little guys.

I don't own a 7.62 x 39 variant. So this one was cheap and should prove to be lots of fun.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-05-2016 12:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's cool, with a little luck it might compensate for your other little guy.

Today is a good day; i just arrived at work and i'm fucking off in 3 hours time for a 'business lunch' with a friend, which is actually an cunning excuse to start drinking quality wine around noon. Then i'm heading home to supervise the cunts installing my curtains. Tomorrow dinner @ friends and a goa party afterwards - yay!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.