Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Btw... to the right of el capomoron is Guadeloupe... I win... :olo: ...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 06:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff's view of El Capitan ^^^

My view of El Capitan...

I win :olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 07:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Santa came early for me and I scored the Lego Technic 42055, Bucket Wheel Excavator, the largest LEGO® Technic set to date! Should be heaps of fun :D

:up: :up: :up:
Its insane how Technik moved forward, when i think at the late 80´s and mid 90´s sets. :eek:
Santa is such a nice Guy! <3

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Btw... to the right of el capomoron is Guadeloupe... I win... :olo: ...

Your shadow looks like a Goblin... Got ya :olo:
Nice view man, really great! i love the nature :)

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:

Its insane how Technik moved forward, when i think at the late 80´s and mid 90´s sets. :eek:

actually according to my son the 90's did some real creative stuff, the plotter , space shuttle, helicopter with control center, that superfast remote racer things.etc

the parts are better now than ever b4 yea but they keep pushing out an awful lot of construction sets, the aero sets are good tho

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 07:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4:46am and I am up ready to get a taxi to the the bus I'm getting to the airport to go to Dublin....zzzzzz

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

highlight pics plz! :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
October - Amsterdam

Travelling alone? Check if there is some interesting gig at the Paradiso. That is a great venue.
The Melkweg is said to be good for electronica. Haven't been there.
There's an Ai WeiWei exhibition during october in Dam, that could be good.
Anne Frank Haus, expect standing in line for an hour.
Pot-policy: The Netherlands have agreed to not sell pot/weed to foreigners anymore. But most coffee-shops don't go with that rule, especially in Dam. Check your luck if it's your thing. Don't buy on the street! :) Possession of pot/weed in relative lots is stil legal for everyone. Smoking in public is tolerated.
You'll need to get an abo-kinda card to use the public transport. The card alone is about 10€ or 12€. Then you'll have to put money onto that card to use the buses and trams. Don't forget to checkout of the service at the station you leave.
Public transport is pretty good in Amsterdam, yet still rent a bike. Dam is small and flat, perfect for the bike. Once you are lost, most everyone is friendly, speaks english and will help you out.

Last edited by Ferrao10 on 09-09-2016 11:40 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 11:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Melkweg is also the place for alternative if that's your thing.

You can pay with cash in the trams now I think, because of the backlash they got with those abocards. Not sure if you can use debit tho (it's only 2016 ysee).

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-08-2016 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Donnie if you and your mates are into electronica and you'll be in in Amsterdam in the second half of oktober you're in luck, it's ADE time. Biggest electronic festival in the world, 450+ events, 2000 dj's, 350k visitors, a veritable who's who of the industry. There's awesome parties everywhere & some of the locations are absolutely unique. Have a look...

https://www.amsterdam-dance-event.nl/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-09-2016 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Me, trying to get a replacement remote for my antique TF7000HDPVRt...........

I did some research and ditched the idea to buy an original remote (if they were about/available) and went with a universal remote control, a Harmony 650 Control by Logitech as it can control multiple devices :D

AndyW wrote:
:up: :up: :up:

Yes Santa is very nice to me :D

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 02:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spent a few hours polishing my cock. I mean car.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 02:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sure beats a kia.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 03:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But not an audi... DOMINATED!!!...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BTW... What model is that BMW?... Looks like a base level pooron version... :olo: ...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 04:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Read up. It's like a 6 or 7 year old 3 series.

But it is better than a Kia.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 06:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Read up. It's like a 6 or 7 year old 3 series.

But it is better than a Kia.

really 6 or 7 years? looks pretty damn clean!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
really 6 or 7 years? looks pretty damn clean!

Yes, it does look nice and clean :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 10:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was built in August 2010, done 50000 miles so under the average. It's also loaded with options, it's quite rare in terms of spec. Like auto hi/low beam which I had on a Nissan and is probably one of the best options you can have on a car :)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-11-2016 10:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Sure beats a kia.

I might paint it in oil.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-12-2016 12:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Donnie if you and your mates are into electronica and you'll be in in Amsterdam in the second half of oktober you're in luck, it's ADE time. Biggest electronic festival in the world, 450+ events, 2000 dj's, 350k visitors, a veritable who's who of the industry. There's awesome parties everywhere & some of the locations are absolutely unique. Have a look...

https://www.amsterdam-dance-event.nl/

Sadly the majority of people going on this stag are older...the groom to be seems to have pissed all his mates off and therefore only two of his friends are going. The rest of the party is made up of the brides family. So I doubt it'll be anything mental and there will certainly be no dance festivals.

Cheers for the heads up though :)

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-12-2016 12:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh dear, sounds like a bit of an atypical stag :)

Have fun anyways :up:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-12-2016 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Start by buying 3 rounds of Tequila slammers straight off the belt. It'll be a blinder :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-12-2016 07:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
Sadly the majority of people going on this stag are older...the groom to be seems to have pissed all his mates off and therefore only two of his friends are going. The rest of the party is made up of the brides family.

That sounds ripe for some quality drama. Buckle up for it, Donaldson.

Especially after I pay a midget to rub her Clit on his nose in front of the brides Father :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-12-2016 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Κracus wrote:
Sure beats a kia.

I might paint it in oil.

I'd love to see it. :p

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-12-2016 04:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Read up. It's a 3 series

Lol poor ppl... :olo: ...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-13-2016 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I seem to get the most interesting of misdirected emails. There was the one time when I got cc'ed with a group of debating CERN physicists regarding a heated discussion on string theory or something equally over the top of my head.

Today I received an email from representatives of none other than Syd Mead, titled "Syd Mead Bladerunner gouaches for Dreamlands", regarding the tracking of some missing artwork being sent via USPS to some art curators.

I've been a massive fan of Syd Mead's work, famous for his concept art for many feature films like Bladerunner, Tron, Aliens, Star Trek and many more. I'm not sure what I'll do if I mysteriously start receiving artboards in the mail - I suppose I'd go shopping for some nice picture frames.

http://sydmead.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syd_Mead

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-13-2016 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's cool :up:. I hope they find it!

I love Syd Mead. Concept artists are still constantly ripping his stuff off almost verbatim. What an incredible vision. We dont seem to get people like him and Mcquarrie these days.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-13-2016 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New in my little World? Started my 4th Star Wars film a few weeks ago. Girlfriend stage managed her first West End show last night and I've got the Wrap Party for Ready Player One to go to at the end of the week. Being in my 30s is working out pretty well so far. :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-13-2016 10:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4th tho?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-13-2016 10:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

VII, Rogue One, VIII and now... ????

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

Looking at your avatar reminds me, I always played better quake listening to R+.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 04:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

Such mystery:o

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 04:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 04:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh right the Solo flick. meh

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.