Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-03-2017 09:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my son finished the bucket excavator now.

he says its good but the 8043 excavator had a much trickier gearbox

who knows tho he was 8 when he built it so his memory might be biased

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-03-2017 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
my son finished the bucket excavator now.

he says its good but the 8043 excavator had a much trickier gearbox

who knows tho he was 8 when he built it so his memory might be biased

I wish I had one. That model looks awesome and they are now rare and expensive :smirk:
...and for those that wonder what we're on about...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-04-2017 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i dont know if you have one but the 42025 plane is an incredible kit, especially for the price.

still might be able to find one on the shelves but i bet theyre getting scarce

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-04-2017 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
i dont know if you have one but the 42025 plane is an incredible kit, especially for the price.

still might be able to find one on the shelves but i bet theyre getting scarce

I never considered the model until I saw your post, now I just might, so in payment, here's a speed build for you :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-04-2017 09:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started the Porsche. An incredible model.

Even the sticky tape securing the lid to the box is special. 'Special' in that it is easily removed without damage to the box like the usual stuff does so well done Lego :up:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-05-2017 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that was the first thing i noticed about the porsche

i went on a big explanation regarding the packaging of the porsche to my kids lol.

def designer, super pro-packaged for the adult market

incredible packaging!

i am interested to hear you thoughts and insights on the build and design of the actual kit after you build it

sinse you are an experienced builder you can compare to the other superkits.

The 42025 plane it a great model and a nice build, my little lady built it in 2015 , she took 10 months to do it lol after many extended breaks. we thought it was great!

it took her a couple hours to build the fire plane 42040, great kit i really like it alot.

she has since completed the 42042 crane lol 12 months on that! a pretty good kit and has the new gear switching things that are a whole stud instead of 1/2 stud. my son says they are much much better when it comes to free styling gearbox building. my little lady really (got) that kit and when she explained all the functions and how and why about them i remembered why i buy these kits :D

the order of kits for her has been

extreme cruiser 8081
helicopter 9396
grand prix racer 42000
cargo plane 42025
fire plane 42040
blue crane 42042

and now the 42054 tractor

and she has the small but cool 42050 drag racer on a shelf waiting

currently she is building the 42054 and it so far appears to have a real interesting and intricate chassis.

my sons list is longer he has done it longer and it was a huge passion for him so he blasted through more, he learnt a shiton of good stuff though

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-05-2017 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All this 420 stuff makes me think you're one of them weedsmokers.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 12:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just picked up a keg of Ten Fidy (one of the best stouts on the planet) for my kegarator.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Just picked up a keg of Ten Fidy (one of the best stouts on the planet) for my kegarator.

I like the can-design... But that "liquid" looks like 6months ol Bong-Water! :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looks like most stouts..
:rolleyes:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoo Hooo!

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats neat ey! :up:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-07-2017 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought some Maui Jim Sand Island's :up:. I wanted some decent polarised glasses again and Maui Jim's are apparently optically superior to Ray Bans. The price on the Maui Jim website is far over what I paid.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-07-2017 09:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Link not working here and says Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-08-2017 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm It looks like their website does strange redirects. It takes me to https://uk.mauijim.com/ as soon as I click it.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Revelation:

Lefty 2012 Firebird with Duesenberg Vibrola and some other upgrades; picked up on the bay.
Wasn't cheap but the sound blows my mind. It is awesome. It changed my mind regarding Humbuckers.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 07:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whoa that is a thing of beauty right there :drool:

that is cuz those arnt reg humbuckers theyre sweeter mini-humbuckers ( i know u know that :P )

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 03:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am new to the world of humbuckers, really. Never really liked their sound, especially the Les Paul- one, it just wasn't my thing. This Plank however is just the right mixture in the tone. Can't quite describe it. And it is huge,yet still not that heavy. About the weight of a standard Strat.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got my Ten Fidy tap handle.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You should get yourself a few nice rums for the top of that fridge next to it :up:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 01:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah wtf gramps, that's some very unmanly drinks there :offended:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 04:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What did you expect from a man that drinks only from wine glasses?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 07:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

guys, do you know what would look great in this piss colored room? a couple mini fridges shoved in the corner with an assortment of bottles stored on top.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 08:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

what r u some kind of misogyny looser?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

Yeah... But what you're looking at is a bunch of "mixers" for when we entertain. You also seem to be overlooking my wife. She not at all manly, hence the blueberry beer on tap. I'm into 100 proof whiskey and 11% ABV stouts. If that's not manly nothing is.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
You should get yourself a few nice rums for the top of that fridge next to it :up:

Not a big rum drinker.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
What did you expect from a man that drinks only from wine glasses?

I see you're still having trouble with the craft beer glass concept.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
guys, do you know what would look great in this piss colored room? a couple mini fridges shoved in the corner with an assortment of bottles stored on top.

Calm down bro. They're in the bar area and look fine. Would you like more pictures to help you better visualize my setup?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
You also seem to be overlooking my wife. She not at all manly

..... :olo: :olo:

That's signature material, right there.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phagsmangina :olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
The Revelation:

Lefty 2012 Firebird with Duesenberg Vibrola and some other upgrades; picked up on the bay.
Wasn't cheap but the sound blows my mind. It is awesome. It changed my mind regarding Humbuckers.

That looks nice man! Can you help me with some infos about guitar pedals? I want to use some of them with my DAW-stuff and im not sure atm how to do that the best way.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Got my Ten Fidy tap handle.

No Jägermeister?? :eek: :eek:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Smirnoff vodka :olo:

Better off recycling your own piss :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I completed the Porsche (42056) and in a day or so I'll start that mammoth Bucket Wheel Excavator (42055).

The Porsche wasn't hard to assemble but the gearing is a little tight. I see there are YouTube videos on the subject and I will get around to watching one day :smirk: as there just doesn't seem enough hours in the day.

On another note, daily temperatures here are rather high, hovering around 35 degrees Celsius so I dropped into our swimming pool this afternoon, Nice :D :up:

I was driving through the CBD the other day and one of those digital displays on my old credit union building was saying it was 33 degrees at 11am... I looked at the dashboard on the car and it just tripped over to 40 from 39.5. A warm Summer for sure.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
That looks nice man! Can you help me with some infos about guitar pedals? I want to use some of them with my DAW-stuff and im not sure atm how to do that the best way.

Open up a new topic about it. I'd have to ask several questions before being able to give you an advice. Better not to steal this topic for that reason :).

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.