Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He should probably stay there since he has so many issues with western culture. But I'm sure he's too big of a pussy for that. :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're a 50-yr old divorcee blockhead in a third-world shithole :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Flying to Iran for a week tomorrow.

the missus going with you?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She can't. Sharia law says she has to walk. :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
Flying to Iran for a week tomorrow.

the missus going with you?

She didn't have time to get a Visa, I planned the trip fairly quickly because my grandmother isn't doing well.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i guess she also wouldn't have had much time to pick out a nice headscarf either

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-16-2017 11:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:smirk: Selling an apartment at auction in 22 hours - Cross you fingers for me ;)

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-17-2017 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
:smirk: Selling an apartment at auction in 22 hours - Cross you fingers for me ;)

Fingers crossed :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-17-2017 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:

Fingers crossed :)

It is getting closer and a little more stressful and I don't stress easily.
Just over 7 hours to go...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-18-2017 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All done :)
Sold under the hammer of the Auctioneer and I'm happy.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Installed my multi-colored LEDs lights. The best part is the entire bike lights up red when you apply the brakes.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just wow

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 08:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

classy.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

blockhead be pimpin' yo

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I knew you guys would like them.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 09:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:|

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:cool: :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
LEDs lights

Don't.

Grats, Whiskey7. Price doesn't matter as long as both parties are happy.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
LEDs lights

D...

Fuck U.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sounds like a college geoff would go to

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thinking of a new car :eek:

Considering a KIA Sportage, the top of the line model. Petrol and not diesel as I read somewhere you need do 30,000 klms* per year for the savings (running diesel) to kick in.

Thoughts/advice?

* That's 19,000 miles for some :)

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol Kia... :olo: ...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 06:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Thinking of a new car :eek:

Considering a KIA Sportage, the top of the line model. Petrol and not diesel as I read somewhere you need do 30,000 klms* per year for the savings (running diesel) to kick in.

Thoughts/advice?

* That's 19,000 miles for some :)

Yeah, don't get a KIA. Seriously, worst car I've ever owned. If you're going to go with a korean car get a hyundai, they seem to be much better quality.

To give you an idea of my experiences with a kia, The alternator had to be replaced the 1st year I had mine, then the driver side window wouldn't open/close cause a part in broke when it was frozen shut. Didn't realize the parts that control the window were made of plastic (not kidding). After that I had several other issues and wound up taking it back to the dealership for a Jeep. Worst car I've ever owned.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 06:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get the Kia

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got back from Iran last night. The flight time was long but I had enough time on the way in to walk all over downtown Amsterdam. Did some souvenir shopping, visited the Van Gogh museum, and did a canal tour.

Capped off my Amsterdam trip with a couple Heinekens and an amazing pizza :D

After about 30 hours, I finally made it to Tehran.

Tabiat Bridge at night. There's a lovely restaurant on the lower level of the bridge

Mosque next to the Tajrish markets

View of Alborz mountains from Tajrish Square. The traffic is immense but I call it "organized chaos".

Snagged this beautiful bronze statue from a streetside bazaar

Great-aunt gave me this heavy, copper candle holder

Necklaces for the missus

It's a totally different world over there but if you have a chance to visit Iran, you should definitely do it. Next time I will go for at least a couple weeks so I can take in the archaeological sites and see Shiraz and Esfahan.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe the moron above had a bad Kia? Our Kia has 120k on it and the only parts replaced are tires and brakes.... Turbo started acting up at 110k, but it sorted itself out...

Road noise sucks though and resale value...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 10:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe. I live in a much colder climate than you and it's much more demanding on vehicles. Doesn't change the fact that parts of the car that should be made of metal were made of plastic though.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

great pics mazda :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that pizza :drool:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 12:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

:up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

Yes, lovely pictures. Portrays the place nicely.

Re the new car....

Κracus wrote:
Yeah, don't get a KIA. Seriously, worst car I've ever owned. If you're going to go with a korean car get a hyundai, they seem to be much better quality................

The build quality on the KIA range seems pretty good but I am a tech not a mech:) so I am still shopping and I've yet to study the Hyundai range.

Here and you may have it where you are, the KIA range come with a 7 year warranty, capped price servicing and roadside assistance.

The trade price in offered on my beautiful Mercedes Benz A200 :tear: is terrible to date and yes, it is getting to be an old car.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mazda: seriously fascinated, got more pics of Iran? Also, how well do they treat foreigners (as in, if they saw a black dude walking around and not able to speak the language)?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mostly just photos of relatives. I went to see my grandmother whom I hadn't seen in 23 years as she's in a perpetual state of pain and doesn't have long to live.

Iran embraces its tourism industry too, I've read many accounts of even Americans who were invited into people's homes and treated like family by strangers. They're very proud of their culture and want their country portrayed in the best light as possible regardless of their government. I became friends with a Dutch anthropologist on the flight back to Amsterdam who had just spent 8 days in Iran for the first time. He absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back. Typical-looking Caucasian dude. For a capital city with 10 million people, Tehran is quite safe even for foreign visitors traveling alone.

As for the second part of your question, this excerpt might interest you:

Quote:
I can say that the Afro-Iranians not only fit into the Iranian society but they have even shaped the culture in southern parts of the country. Iran has a culturally diverse population, and in the two months I spent in the Hormozgan Province, I didn’t see any kind of discrimination, whereas I think you experience these kind of behaviors in Europe more often. Afro-Iranians belong to the cultural diverse society of Iran just like any other ethnic group such as the Azeris, Kurds, Arabs, Baluchis, Armenians, etc.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/kovie-biakolo ... he-camera/

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.