Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2017 08:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BTW, Geoff's hair is showing some serious thinning...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-17-2017 09:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dog is blind :?:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-18-2017 02:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-18-2017 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On a 1 to 3 day fast before the wife and I go stay downtown at the W on Sunday. Gonna be a lot daubachery and I don't wanna mess up my diet so...

18 hours in so far... Everything seems fine...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-18-2017 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't lie, you can't afford food

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-18-2017 02:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My 370Z is amazing. I think I might be in love with it. Anyway here's a pic

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-18-2017 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That zoom is terrible....

Is it like this model?

Not too bad a drive.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-18-2017 06:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah not sure why it looks like that. https://i.imgur.com/tEO9JQr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

That's the normal image. If you look very closely you can see a handsome gentleman greeting you.

Also yes, it's definitely exactly like that one you posted except my rims are nicer. And black.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-18-2017 09:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Yeah not sure why it looks like that. https://i.imgur.com/tEO9JQr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

That's the normal image. If you look very closely you can see a handsome gentleman greeting you.

Also yes, it's definitely exactly like that one you posted except my rims are nicer. And black.

Yes, magic happens :up: :)

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-18-2017 10:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder if Gwamps fell off his motorcycle.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-19-2017 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We would've felt something by now

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-19-2017 08:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So is the tatted dude Geoff's son-in-law or what?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-19-2017 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty much...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-20-2017 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
...It's a Genesis Croix De Fer 20...

That's a really nice bike you got there. Good components. Did you get it in that state that your pic shows?
Just asking... cause if you really want a commuter-bike you should mod yours to be more like this:

I been riding that one (Specialized AWOL 2014) every workday for the last 2.5 years through stones and grass and 20 cm of snow. It is a pleasure. I dismounted the hangers on the front, that's all.
The open gear shift needs some attention, especially if you (regularely) ride it through rough weather.
I cleaned it good once every spring with a wash once during winter (salty season).

The next bike will have Rohloff gearings though. Hub circuit is just way better and less of a hassle.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-20-2017 11:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you'd put a rohloff on a commuter bike? seems a bit OTT to me, when the alfine is available

also phant if you're going to mod your bike, get MTB handlebars instead of drops. you need agility not straight line speed :idea:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-21-2017 12:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did 35 miles on it yesterday. I was only going to take it on a little test spin for its first outing to check nothing was loose but it was such a pleasure to ride and I hadn't been on a bike for so long I just kept going. I wasn't sure at first but i really like the comfort of the bullhorn bars so I think I'll keep them. They make the footprint smaller than my old MTB too so cars get more room.

I put mudguards on it already, pretty much identical to that picture. Took it on a canal in the rain and they did an awesome job. I'll probably get a parcel shelf thing for the back but don't think I need that shit on the front though. Also put some flat pedals on instead of that hook-on nonsense the guy I bought it from had fitted. I think I need a plastic guard for the pedal sprocket to stop my trousers getting oily.

Really chuffed with it. It's immaculate and unridden. The grey cloud on the transaction is he packaged it like a spak and didn't wrap the wheels so they rattled against the frame in a few places and scratched it during transit. I emailed Genesis and got RAL paint codes from them so I can touch it in and stop corrosion. Used eBay to get a partial refund from him for the damage but it was still an irritation.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-21-2017 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rohloff is a patriotic thing really :). Engineered in Germany... gotta have that over other products. The price tag is the factor though.
Bulls vs MTB style-handlebars: good point.
I'd go for MTB with the next bike. With bulls you have to reach down and far to catch the brakes. I've gotten used to ride in the "forward-position" on busy streets, but it can be stressful.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-21-2017 08:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah there's no denying Rohloff are boss, but at £1,000 they ought to be. pretty heavy too, about 2kg i think

the budget option is the Shimano Alfine with a 3-ring chainset and a short cage derailleur to keep the chain tight

i have the Alfine alone on my Charge Mixer for commuting. also have the SRAM dual-drive (3-speed hub + 9-speed cassette) on a recumbent, but that's another story. am considering giving the bent a makeover: Rohloff + mesh seat. there's £1,500 gone straight away :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-21-2017 09:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
I've gotten used to ride in the "forward-position" on busy streets, but it can be stressful.

rofl, try riding in downtown Toronto. You'd get killed by a cabbie within 5 minutes.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-21-2017 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, Maz :).
Toronto, well... OK. A town not really on my radar. But you never know. Canada is on my personel to-travel-list, on spot 3. Never been there.
So, let's say, hypotheticaly, if I pay a visit to Canada. Let's say 4 weeks for the whole of it. What places/towns should I visit? Starting east going west, with the last 4 days in Vancouver? And by what means should I travel? Bus, train, plane?
Will I have to able to speak french in the territories or can I come through with some engrench?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-21-2017 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL AT YOUR GAY BIKES

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-21-2017 01:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually lol at me as I've only just been able to ride a bike again after pissing blood for almost a week. That's what happens when you hit a table top at speed then try to suck the next jump up but hit the wheel with your bollocks and have your lower intestine catapulted into the seat at around 30mph.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-21-2017 04:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally got my bars done. New 14" bars, 1.5" black risers, black levers, grips and extended cables.

Before, during and after...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-22-2017 12:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's so pathetic :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-22-2017 03:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Positioning it in the grass to take a photo :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-22-2017 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh jesus... :(

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-22-2017 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
LOL AT YOUR GAY BIKES

LOL AT YOUR CRUSHED BOLLOCKS M8

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-22-2017 10:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I miss my road bike. I'm going to get a disk steel frame with drops for hacking about, think charge do a nice one. Find some slicks with some tread on the sides so I can green lane.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-22-2017 08:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Maz :).
Toronto, well... OK. A town not really on my radar. But you never know. Canada is on my personel to-travel-list, on spot 3. Never been there.
So, let's say, hypotheticaly, if I pay a visit to Canada. Let's say 4 weeks for the whole of it. What places/towns should I visit? Starting east going west, with the last 4 days in Vancouver? And by what means should I travel? Bus, train, plane?
Will I have to able to speak french in the territories or can I come through with some engrench?

Summer or winter?

Quebec City, Montreal, Mont Tremblant, Niagara, Banff, Vancouver, Victoria, Whistler.

As a tourist, you'll be fine in Quebec but they'll respect you for trying to speak French. It's only if you try to live there where you'll find how xenophobic they tend to be. Quebec City is a very nice town with a European feel, Montreal is a bigger city but still different (better) compared to Toronto. Toronto is pretty shit tbh, not much to see here unless you're going to a show or just want to see crackheads. If you're in Ontario, you'd be better off spending time in cottage country in the north (ie. Wasaga) or wine country (Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls). You can get to western Canada by train, some of the sights in Ontario and BC are nice but in between those are 3 huge provinces covered in flat farmland and grain silos. You should however check out Banff National Park in Alberta and spend some time in the Canadian Rockies if you're into mountains and lakes. Good chance of getting mauled by a grizzly bear too if you're not careful.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-23-2017 05:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In a testes fight to the death, who would win, Dom or Geoff?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-23-2017 07:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Finally got my bars done. New 14" bars, 1.5" black risers, black levers, grips and extended cables.

Before, during and after...

Nice job, honestly looks pretty sick but I so couldn't ride that. That hand position seems terrible to me, not to mention the cool air around here would freeze my arm pits. I see guys around town with that setup but I have no doubts those bikes never see the highway.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-23-2017 08:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks, I really like the way it looks. I'm going to change the speaker and rear view positioning, as they slightly impede my peripheral view. I'm 6'2" so the hand position isn't an issue and in Florida it's only cold a few days a year. I also have a removable windscreen for long highway trip. But this bike will be primarily used for around town and under 100 miles trips. I never had plans to make it a daily driver and likely never will.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 05-23-2017 10:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-23-2017 08:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I like it!

I on the other hand have been neglecting my bike. For obvious reasons.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-23-2017 09:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can assure you I haven't been neglecting mine :D
Will go on a bike trip with my dad come Sunday. He rides a Triumph Tiger 1050.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-23-2017 10:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice man, hope you guys have a nice run. I actually have been riding mine, not as much as I normally would though. Rain was the excuse today. I'll be riding tomorrow though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.