Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-01-2017 12:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Condolences and congratulations mazda.

This

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-01-2017 11:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My condolences Captain Mazda. I know the feeling :tear:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 05:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chillin at luxury 5 stars in exotic locations... Etc... Jellus?...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 07:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seems you just can't escape filthy water :olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

was that pic taken with your pixel?

if yes your note was better!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That looks like the river walk in San Antonio. lol, pathetic...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
was that pic taken with your pixel?

if yes your note was better!

Lol no that's iPhone shittyness...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff the world traveler. 80 miles down the road to shitty San Antonio :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 11:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, it's cool Geoff. I'm sure you've got a badass trip to Florida planned :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Re: What is new in your little world?

Me, well next weekend I intend to take a short, a week or so, driving holiday (in the new wheels) south to Sydney to catch up with some friends. We met in New Zealand years ago and they are a rather nice couple. Note, my regular NoTW I am posting for 'old mate' lars63 will be late and probably a double entry when I return.

Yep, taking off early AM Sunday tomorrow morning here so as to beat the traffic not that there will be the usual 'tradie' conga line on the highway on a Sunday. Sydney here we come so bye bye Q3W for a week or so Image

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Hey, it's cool Geoff. I'm sure you've got a badass trip to Florida planned :olo:

Going to Colorado in a monster super C RV for two weeks in July, going to Puerto Vallarta in December... Staying​ in luxury villa...5,000 SQ FT, with maid, cook and driver.... Then off to Europe later next year to laff at the eurotrash... :olo: ...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-02-2017 04:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
xer0s wrote:

Going to Colorado in a monster super C RV for two weeks in July, going to Puerto Vallarta in December... Staying​ in luxury villa...5,000 SQ FT, with maid, cook and driver.... Then off to Europe later next year to laff at the eurotrash... :olo: ...

Where in Colorado?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a whole itinerary of it in some other thread... Absent motherfucker...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 06:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All of the euro people you meet will be incredibly polite because they will see you for the backwards hick you are, bro.

But seriously, if you come to the UK I'd love to spill a pint over you. My treat.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
... with maid, cook and driver...

So, your family is bringing you along for the trip as well then?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 07:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ZING :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 08:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haha!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 10:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#rekt

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 02:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 02:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
There's a whole itinerary of it in some other thread... Absent motherfucker...

Alright I did a quick search and found your half-ass itinerary. Geoff, I've spent most of my life vacationing in Colorado. If you want some serious advice, I can share. You're on the right track with Durango, Telluride, and Ouray (my favorite). I know an awesome spot between Silverton and Ouray to stay. What days are you going?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

July 7-21...I have a feeling Buena Vista will be the best...

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 08:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
So yea, I bought it :)

Nice :up: After our last move we sold off all of our bikes, I'm contemplating scooping up a little Grom for some fun soon.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-03-2017 11:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't understand the appeal of a grom. Seems like the tricycle under motorcycles

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 06-04-2017 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I don't understand the appeal of a grom. Seems like the tricycle under motorcycles

I just want something to horse around on that weighs less / has a smaller rear tire. NYC streets are crowned and narrow, doing wheelies on a heavy bike with a wide rear tire is a lot more work than fun.

I'm currently between a grom or getting another zuma to soup up (or maybe even an old honda elite). I'd really love one of the cbr 125s / yamaha r125s like I had in France, those little bikes are tons of fun.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-05-2017 11:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been up here in Seattle for a little while now. Great winters but summer is kicking in, which wouldn't be bad, but the humidity sucks.
So far I've been pretty unimpressed with this city. Sucks to drive in, sucks to walk around in (steep hills, fucked up roads, lack of sidewalks all over).
Apartment lease is expiring in a couple months and I'm thinking about moving again. California is looking attractive just for the access to In N Out alone.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-06-2017 11:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
July 7-21...I have a feeling Buena Vista will be the best...

Buena Vista ain't bad. But there's better.

I'm assuming you'll enter Colorado through Trinidad (sex change capital, you might want to stop). Go north to Walsenburg and head west from there. Stop by the Great Sand Dunes, they're awesome.

Get back on highway 160 and you'll go through a few cool little towns. At South Fork you'll see a place called Fun Valley. Smash on the throttle and don't look back. It's a yuppie RV community nightmare.

Keep heading west on 160 and you'll go over the Continental Divide on Wolf Creek Pass. This is a really beautiful spot. Head over to Pagosa Springs. Another pretty cool town. Sit in the hot springs if you're into that.

Then just keep on 160 until you get to Durango. I usually don't spend much time in Durango, but you might like it. There's a few things to do, but the best place is just north of there.

Head up 550 and you'll get to Silverton. Check out the old mining town and then head back west on 550. You're now on the Million Dollar Highway. And it's a Million Dollar view, especially just south of Ouray. I love Ouray, and I'd tell you to stay here, but since you'll have an RV, I'll recommend the South Mineral Campground. The entrance is a couple miles west of Silverton, but then you keep going about 4 miles down the dirt road to the campgrounds. You'll thank me. Park the RV there and go to Silverton or Ouray and rent a jeep. Hit the Jeep trails around there. It'll be the most beautiful scenery of the trip, guaranteed. I'd recommend Imogene Pass that goes from Ouray to Telluride. Telluride is another awesome hippy town. A few more passes I'd recommend are Ophir Pass, Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass, and California Gulch.

When you get done in that area, head North out of Ouray and go to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Head east over to Gunnison. There's a neat taxidermy shop (I know, but you'll want to see it).

From here you have some options. Head north to Crested Butte or over to Taylor Park. They're both cool. From there you can hit Burns Vista. Then keep heading east over to Cripple Creek if you want to do a little gambling. And Pike's Peak is right there. Then you're at Colorado Springs. Head back South to Texas, or North if you want to see shitty Denver (it's not that bad)...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-06-2017 11:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inolen, you in NYC? The fuck you do there?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-06-2017 11:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
Been up here in Seattle for a little while now. Great winters but summer is kicking in, which wouldn't be bad, but the humidity sucks.
So far I've been pretty unimpressed with this city. Sucks to drive in, sucks to walk around in (steep hills, fucked up roads, lack of sidewalks all over).
Apartment lease is expiring in a couple months and I'm thinking about moving again. California is looking attractive just for the access to In N Out alone.

Really? I loved Seattle when I visited a few years ago. It was in December, so maybe I got lucky...

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 06-06-2017 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:

I spent a year or so up in Green Lake with similar feelings. I got a bicycle to get around which made it a bit more fun.

Overall though, I'd rather live in NYC for more public transportation, walking, etc. or somewhere like LA if you want to drive, go outdoors, have a backyard, yadda yadda. For me at least, in comparison to other major cities it just didn't really excel anywhere in particular except maybe accessibility to good snowboarding and no state income tax.

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 06-06-2017 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
inolen, you in NYC? The fuck you do there?

Right now I do remote work for NVIDIA. No offices for them here, but I'd been jonesing to move back for a few years and my wife was finally in the position to do so.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-06-2017 11:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn dude, I remember playing Q3 with you when you were about 14. I think is was CA on Thunderstruck. You'd be facing the opposite direction, then suddenly spin around at break-neck speeds hitting me with the rail gun. Cool bot. I guess you made a career out of it somehow...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-08-2017 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New beer on tap at the house.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3818/150203/
Good stuff.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-09-2017 02:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My son has figured out how to grab both his feet yesterday*, and is now struggling to perform his next feat: putting said feet in his mouth at the same time (possibly for close up analysis).

*This after a day of experiments with one foot, where careful study of grasped bodily extremity was conducted each time and - one presumes - inescapable conclusions were being drawn regarding ownership.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-09-2017 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Damn dude, I remember playing Q3 with you when you were about 14. I think is was CA on Thunderstruck. You'd be facing the opposite direction, then suddenly spin around at break-neck speeds hitting me with the rail gun. Cool bot. I guess you made a career out of it somehow...

uuhh lol? at u xer0

i remember specing him very closly and saying to myself, holy mackerals that guys movement is soooo very smart!

yours was crude wasnt it?

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 06-09-2017 01:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
My son has figured out how to grab both his feet yesterday*, and is now struggling to perform his next feat: putting said feet in his mouth at the same time (possibly for close up analysis).

*This after a day of experiments with one foot, where careful study of grasped bodily extremity was conducted each time and - one presumes - inescapable conclusions were being drawn regarding ownership.

I miss those day where my only concern was how to get my foot in my mouth...

Congrats on the new foot eater!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.