Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 07-12-2017 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Love those pictures.

Bought a car, Saab 93 Vector 2.0t. Didn't set out to get one with the sports package but it was close enough so I could walk to it and I like how it looks.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's a few shots from Cuba. We didn't get to see as much as we would have liked due to the cruise line cutting our stay short. They canceled all shore excursions and refunded everyone's money so the ship could leave 6 hours early. We suspect it was because of the tropical storm force weather, as we couldn't get a straight answer out of the crew.

Port of Havana.

Colon Cemetery. The mausoleums and stories are amazing.

Interesting fact: The only cars Cuban citizens can legally own are cars purchase or manufactured before 1959.

The majority of the building were in some form of disrepair. Many of the structures were being held up by poorly constructed support systems.

However, there still was so much beautiful landscape and architecture to enjoy.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-14-2017 08:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Here's a few shots from Cuba........ there still was so much beautiful landscape and architecture to enjoy.

Thank you YourGrandpa for the wonderful photos :up: :up:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-15-2017 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Stop by and I'll let you ride bitch on the Harley.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-15-2017 06:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Thank you YourGrandpa for the wonderful photos :up: :up:

Thx :cool:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-15-2017 06:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cuba looks great. i'd like to go sometime :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-16-2017 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would have certainly liked to see more.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-16-2017 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice pics Gwamps :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-16-2017 02:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First born rode his bike today! Been waiting for this for years.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-17-2017 12:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

congrats, did it take long?
My first took all of 15 mins to get the hang of it. My second won't even try, even though she's the daredevil of the two :dork:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-17-2017 07:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's not long turned 5 but I didn't push him into it. My 3 year old kind of picked up the bike and did it on his second try...

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 07-17-2017 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALMighty wrote:
Love those pictures.

Bought a car, Saab 93 Vector 2.0t. Didn't set out to get one with the sports package but it was close enough so I could walk to it and I like how it looks.

I love my 9-3, I've got the 2.2 and it sounds like a fucking tractor cause it's chain driven. 170 on the clock and bits are starting to drop off it but the engine's going fine.

I put some LED dipped beams in last week which made a nice difference to night driving, they strobe flicker for a minute or two when you turn the engine off but it just makes it look like an advanced security feature :alert: The kids on the street love it.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-17-2017 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, I saw a 9-3 last night with huge, cheap mudflaps and a gaping hole for an exhaust. Sounded just as awful.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-18-2017 12:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
congrats, did it take long?
My first took all of 15 mins to get the hang of it. My second won't even try, even though she's the daredevil of the two :dork:

And then there's kids like this:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-18-2017 10:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That kid is cute. Parents must be loaded though, I imagine my kids would be riding mini bikes like that if I was willing to shell out that kind of cash for them to ride it for a few years.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-18-2017 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, I'm sure your financial situation is the only thing that separates your children from that little boy. And knowing he has no other competition, in his age range, in his entire country adds tons of plausibility to your statement... :rolleyes:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-18-2017 03:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those bikes cost about as much as an xbox.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-18-2017 10:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Seems insane! I guess, at the end of the day someone has to do it so well done to the little biker...

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 07-19-2017 03:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd like to visit Cuba as well, looks nice. :up:

phantasmagoria wrote:
ALMighty wrote:
Love those pictures.

I love my 9-3, I've got the 2.2 and it sounds like a fucking tractor cause it's chain driven. 170 on the clock and bits are starting to drop off it but the engine's going fine.

I put some LED dipped beams in last week which made a nice difference to night driving, they strobe flicker for a minute or two when you turn the engine off but it just makes it look like an advanced security feature :alert: The kids on the street love it.

That's what it's about after all, impressing the kids. :cool:

I'm really happy with it so far too. The guy owned it for 10 years and took super care of it. Said his gf made him sell it.
I wouldn't mind the 2.2 if I lived in the states, our taxes and gas prices are a little higher though.
Mine doesn't sound like a tractor, it's not a diesel though. It's nice with a chain you don't have to think about changing it.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-19-2017 03:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Those bikes cost about as much as an xbox.

Dude... those bikes are 2 - 3k and can only be used by them for a few years. I'm not poor but I'm also not willing to spend that kind of cash on an item that can only be used during 4 months of the year and only for a couple of years. Kudos to you if you are though, I'm not hating but it's definitely not in my range. I know how much they are because I own a motorbike and saw them for sale at my local moto shop.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-19-2017 03:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Yes, I'm sure your financial situation is the only thing that separates your children from that little boy. And knowing he has no other competition, in his age range, in his entire country adds tons of plausibility to your statement... :rolleyes:

What? I don't even know what your point is. Yeah, I don't buy my kids mini motorbikes because they're expensive and those kinds of expenses aren't in my budget. Believe me, if I could, I would totally buy one, I've even looked at them to see if it was something plausible but at 2k or more it really seems like an excessive expense for me. We have about 4 months of good bike riding weather and at that age they outgrow the bike in a few years so I'd litterally be shelling out 2k or more plus taxes for an item my kid might get to ride a total of a few weeks a year for a few years.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-19-2017 04:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rosso Motors Motorcycle for Kids cc Gas Mini Pocket Bike Ghost Black - EPA Approved https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N90TOH5/re ... BzbK2RA2TW

MotoTec Electric 36v Pocket Bike Motorcycle Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QQFP9KY/re ... Bzb9VZV3G6

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-19-2017 07:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Rosso Motors Motorcycle for Kids cc Gas Mini Pocket Bike Ghost Black - EPA Approved https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N90TOH5/re ... BzbK2RA2TW

MotoTec Electric 36v Pocket Bike Motorcycle Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QQFP9KY/re ... Bzb9VZV3G6

Thats not what the kid in the video is riding though. The fact that there's an Akropovic exhaust there tells me the bike he rides might just well be in the price range Kracus suggests.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-19-2017 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Shaft was trying to say you could get your kid a small motor bike for a low price if you really wanted your kid to ride.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-19-2017 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
shaft wrote:

Thats not what the kid in the video is riding though. The fact that there's an Akropovic exhaust there tells me the bike he rides might just well be in the price range Kracus suggests.

It's like saying you can't buy a car because lamborghini's are expensive.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-19-2017 11:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I think Shaft was trying to say you could get your kid a small motor bike for a low price if you really wanted your kid to ride.

Oh yeah that's true. I know there's motocross clubs nearby where you can let relatively young kids ride electric bikes on a small indoor dirt track. No idea what it costs, but there's people who do let their kids do that as their main sport, just like kids would play football, baseball or swim.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 03:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I should have specified, my kids are too old, already, for that tiny bike the kid is driving but are the right size for the little dirt bike he was riding in that video. Those dirt bikes are the ones that are 2k+ to buy. Pocket bikes aren't that expensive but still, 500$ for the bike, at least 150$ for a helmet and that mini bike suit, that he'll outgrow in 4 months is probably another hundred or so. Again, for a few weeks of use.

Around here there's no motorcross clubs, that I'm aware of that you can go rent a bike for a day. If there was I'd have done that by now for sure.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check out 2nd hand ? (not for the safety gear obv) but mini dirt bikes can be had for like 200-300 quid new.

They'll have resale value too.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 04:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Kracus is saving up for this

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 08:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Check out 2nd hand ? (not for the safety gear obv) but mini dirt bikes can be had for like 200-300 quid new.

They'll have resale value too.

I actually have been and that's probably the route I'll go when the kids are a little older. I'll probably buy something like a 90 - 150cc dirt bike when they're in their early teens. I live in the city though so I have to factor in transportation for the bikes out of town and all the crap associated with that. I figure by that time those bikes should last a good 4 - 5 years and if they want bigger/better they can work for it.

I've loved the look of Ducati's for a while Eraser, they're really really nice bikes but I hear the reliability on them isn't so hot making me shy away from purchasing one. I've still got the CBR though and love that but I am looking for something bigger and a Kawasaki H2 has been in my eye now for a while. I just got a 370Z though so it'll probably be a little while before I make another big purchase.

Aside from that, I bought a few Kayaks recently and have been loving those!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 08:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started out on a 2nd hand 80cc 2t (kx80) when i was around 12 and that was more than enough for me at the time. Had broken fingers, dislocated shoulder and I still got scars on my legs from the pegs and kickstart. Every gear wanted to buck me off too, was the most fun I had on a bike, I loved it so much I still got it in the shed. My old man just had a crappy trailer that we used to take up the forest every other weekend.

Honestly though If you wanted to start them off now the outlay wouldn't be that much especially as a crimbo or bday present or someshit.

Last edited by losCHUNK on 07-20-2017 08:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 08:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
the right size for the little dirt bike he was riding in that video. Those dirt bikes are the ones that are 2k+ to buy.

48L 49CC 2 STROKE MINI BIKE GAS MOTOR DIRT BIKE RED I DB50X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T8R1TK6/re ... CzbAQ9JWWK

XFMT Youth Kids Motocross Offroad Street Dirt Bike Helmet Goggles Gloves Atv Mx Helmet Green Flame L https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017VW4DCK/re ... Czb469SNEG

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 08:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm genuinely concerned about Geoff...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 09:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

has it been two weeks?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-20-2017 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No wonder the forum's been a bit less shitty.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.