Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 01:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got up before sunrise this morning to drive and hour and a half to the big smoke and to meet my Aunt & Uncle from the UK flying in. Their flight delayed as some passenger had an apparent heart attack moments before takeoff in HK. All were strapped in, even the cabin crew. This required a turnaround on the runway (pilotwas throttle up for takeoff) so the event delayed their arrival 3 hours.

Hours later, I had a work reunion sort of gathering at a city telephone exchange. I spent 20+ years in the telephone company here. Really good to see the old folks :) ..

I am looking forward to a quite day tomorrow.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 04:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just bought a new toy for a project.

My aim is to have that bike turn into this bike.

I've already started stripping it down, going to take some photos of the whole process and setup. Found a mouse nest in the air box lol. Bike has 2000 miles on the odometer, I figured it was bogus but after opening up the carburator and seeing them pretty untouched and clean I guess maybe its possible I found a 1977 xl100 with 2k miles on it for 400$.

Still had to order a new carburator though, the airflow adjust screw was missing and the floats were crooked. I wasn't sure if anything else was missing so I just forked over the 30$ for a new set.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 04:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Same with the places I went. The entire island of Roatan depends on tourism. From the looks of it, that's not a whole lot. But they seemed content. :shrug: Damn good food though in all the places I visited. And the people appeared to be genuinely nice. It could have been a front for the uppity foreigners invading their country, but it didn't come across that way. Also met a really nice couple from New Zealand while we were waiting to board. Saw them a couple of times on board and chatted. Did you go on a cruise or just go there and stay a while?

I’ve never done a cruise. I prefer making my own itinerary, staying a week or two and checking shit out...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:

:olo: ... pathetic...

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

:olo: ... pathetic...

Jealous?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

I’ve never done a cruise. I prefer making my own itinerary, staying a week or two and checking shit out...

We've been tossing that idea around as well.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I particularly like the droopy sock and work boot combo on the beach. :dork:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I particularly like the droopy sock and work boot combo on the beach. :dork:

Those are hiking boots and we just finished a hike. I was just resting a bit before heading back to the ship. The meeting spot was about 50 yards from there. But go ahead and assume you know what's going on. :alert:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 05:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sure thing Randy. But whats up those socks? Probably time for a new pair don't ya think? The elastic in those quitters must've wore out years ago. BTW, that faded black tank top is not at all flattering either. And the pictures don't really tell much of a story, as most of them seem to have been taken in the touristy areas. You should have posted more pics from your "hike". IJS.

Hope you had a great time. :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gwamps treating Randy like his ex wife

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was going to say nice bikes Κracus but then I read and feel sad you're murdering the red one. It looks in such get condition, 1977 and low miles. It would be worth a lot of money as a collectable to an enthusiast.

FYI, I owned a Honda 250 Elsinore around the same years :D and rode for many miles road & dirt.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 07:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Gwamps treating Randy like his ex wife

lol

And the funny thing is, if anyone here resembles Randy, it’s Gramps...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 09:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks nice, Scourge.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I was going to say nice bikes Κracus but then I read and feel sad you're murdering the red one. It looks in such get condition, 1977 and low miles. It would be worth a lot of money as a collectable to an enthusiast.

FYI, I owned a Honda 250 Elsinore around the same years :D and rode for many miles road & dirt.

Yeah mine doesn't look as good as the one in the pic. It's missing all the lights, carburetor is shot, tires are rotted and I found a mouse nest in the airbox. Otherwise though it's not bad and still runs. I had a little fun with it but it's not exactly running as well as I'd like it to thus the reason I'm going to tear it down to rebuild. I've always been a fan of Cafe racers and love the look of them so I really like that revolt honda look.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 05:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not a big fan of what you're trying to turn the bike into, but sounds like an awesome project nonetheless. If you're really doing this thing, keep us posted with pics and vids yea? :)

I'm also following chaseontwowheels on YouTube, who has his Wrecked Bike Rebuild series. He's doing season 2 right now where he's going to rebuild and customize a wrecked Kawasaki ZX10R. In season 1 he rebuilt a wrecked Ducati Monster 1100. It's pretty neat to see what he's doing and Chase is an allround nice guy.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Sure thing Randy. But whats up those socks? Probably time for a new pair don't ya think? The elastic in those quitters must've wore out years ago. BTW, that faded black tank top is not at all flattering either. And the pictures don't really tell much of a story, as most of them seem to have been taken in the touristy areas. You should have posted more pics from your "hike". IJS.

Hope you had a great time. :up:

:rolleyes: The socks were pushed down by me. The tank top is brand new and was never black. Wasn't trying to 'tell a story', and have a lot more pictures beside these. Once again. Don't assume. You're starting to look like a tool.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Yeah mine doesn't look as good as the one in the pic...............

OK, I feel a little better. It did look to good to be true and like Eraser said, an awesome project nonetheless.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 01:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
You're starting to look like a tool.

Starting?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Starting?

Yeah, should have put "more like a tool".

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
:rolleyes: The socks were pushed down by me. The tank top is brand new and was never black. Wasn't trying to 'tell a story', and have a lot more pictures beside these. Once again. Don't assume. You're starting to look like a tool.

So you pushed down your sock into a droopy heap, wear work boots on the beach and bought a new shirt that fits like a potato sack? Well that explains the purchase and wearing of the cheesy carnival cruise line hat. You're not concerned about your appearance. Got it...

Hey post up some more pics. I'm certain you're saving the best for last. :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 04:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nothing. What the fuck does it matter to you?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He just has to be the biggest douche in the room is all. He's trying to get to me and it's not working. I could sit here and explain all this shit to him, but I don't have want to nor the crayons.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
He just has to be the biggest douche in the room is all. He's trying to get to me and it's not working. I could sit here and explain all this shit to him, but I don't have want to nor the crayons.

No need to explain. I already understand. Oil rigs, tattoo parlors and trailer parks aren't very sophisticated places. I shouldn't have expected you to know any better. I kind of feel bad now for pointing it out... But not really.

How about some more pics from your trip? I know when I share photos on social media, I always share the shitty ones first.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So far you've pretty much missed the mark on everything you've assumed. You're not going to get a rise out of me. Move along.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where'd I miss the mark exactly? I can't be that far off. You wouldn't consider yourself at all sophisticated or a stylish dresser, would you? You bought a cruise line hat and wore it FFS...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

He sounds extremely bitter about something.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this pic screams Hep C!... :olo: ...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

He sounds extremely bitter about something.

DB is bitter for sure.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 11-02-2017 06:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
this pic screams Hep C!... :olo: ...

This pic screams all kind of shit...

It's hot out here.
I'm not at all happy.
Why are you taking my picture?
I'm tired.
I want a beer.
Where's my recliner?
Get me back to the ship.
Where's the nearest air conditioner?
Can I wear this hat at home?
Fuck me.
Etc...

LOL. :olo:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

This pic screams all kind of shit...

It's hot out here.
I'm not at all happy.
Why are you taking my picture?
I'm tired.
I want a beer.
Where's my recliner?
Get me back to the ship.
Where's the nearest air conditioner?
Can I wear this hat at home?
Fuck me.
Etc...

LOL. :olo:

I live in Texas. Mexico in September is actually quite tame. FYI, I bought the hat because I didn't take one with me. Haven't worn it since. Are you ok? On the rag or something? You seem a little upset.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your shirt looks like someone grabbed a hand full from the front and stretched it out. Did someone try to beat you up and rob you in Mexico?

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 11-02-2017 06:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

English, do you speak it?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did someone try to rob you in Mexico?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-02-2017 06:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not any that survived.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.