Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 12:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh damn son :(
Am I right when I think you have the dubious honor of being the first COVID infected Q3W visitor?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 01:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
Tested positive for covid :( so much for a healthy start to the new year!

Hope you are alright buddy - rest up and take care

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 04:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stay safe please.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:

Shit. After you’ve had that seriously fucked up year. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 07:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't you already have it? Good luck on recovery dude.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:

yikes :( are you symptomatic or no?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 08:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
These are my guitars. I re-did the 1992 Les Paul pickups as the ones they came with were in poor shape as well as soldered poorly.

Also gonna weigh in

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice Guitars MKJ! Looks like we have some similar tastes :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 09:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also have a black/white Stratocaster somewhere but I couldn't find it :toothy:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 04:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks guys yeah I’m convinced I had it last February; this is just the sniffles compared to then.
I def have symptoms it’s pretty weird how it messes with your taste and smell; the water on my nightstand tastes like bubblegum this morning.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 05:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I also have a black/white Stratocaster somewhere but I couldn't find it :toothy:

How exactly does one misplace a Strat? :confused: Nice collection, btw. :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 05:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:

Hang on and enjoy the drugs ... Wait ....

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-07-2021 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:

Die motherfucker, die! Just kidding... Or am i?...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-08-2021 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
These are my guitars. I re-did the 1992 Les Paul pickups as the ones they came with were in poor shape as well as soldered poorly.

That Les Paul is just sweet... wow. What year is that and how does it sound?

What do they call the colour of the strat? It looks awesome.

MKJ wrote:
Also gonna weigh in

That is one awesome finish, nice binding. It's a Harley Benton? How'd you rate that TC-style guitar in playability? And how do the HBs sound?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-08-2021 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Oh god, you're one of those left-handed freaks!

It just pisses me off so hard lately, yep.
Visited my local metropolitan instrument-store for another thing before the hard lock-down, went upstairs to guitars in hopes of a chance to test something electric. NOTHING, not a single fucking LH-guitar in their 400 guitar-assortement. Some cheap acoustic LH yes. but nothing besides.
We make up 10 % of the population, fuck it!

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 01-08-2021 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
That Les Paul is just sweet... wow. What year is that and how does it sound?

What do they call the colour of the strat? It looks awesome.

Thank you! The Les Paul is a 1992. I re-did the pickups myself and finished adding the black accents. It plays really nice but I need to take it in for some maintenance or give it some TLC myself.

The Fender Strat is a Lake Placid Blue and I absolutely love playing this guitar. Out of them all, my Gibson Songwriter Deluxe SE is my favorite guitar of them all to play. I play most of my music on that.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-08-2021 12:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Silicone_Milk wrote:

Die motherfucker, die! Just kidding... Or am i?...

At least when I do I’ll have both my testicles intact :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-08-2021 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-08-2021 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
The Fender Strat is a Lake Placid Blue ... my Gibson Songwriter Deluxe SE is my favorite guitar of them all to play. I play most of my music on that.

So it's a LPB. That was kinda hard to judge from the photo taken in front of the blue-ish wall. Nice thing :up: .

Absolutely understand you with the importance of the accoustic. I went to my shop some 3 years ago and they fortunately had quite a lot of leftie-westerns to try. An Ortega (200€), an Ibanez(250€), a Fender(300€), a Martin(1200€) and two Taylors (700€ and 2500€).
I went with the 700€-Taylor 114CE. The Martin did sound even better but 600€ was the limit I had set myself. Had to bust that.

There are reasons not to buy Taylors, I admit. They sound absolutely fantastic though. And the price is fair for what you get.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-09-2021 01:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:

That is one awesome finish, nice binding. It's a Harley Benton? How'd you rate that TC-style guitar in playability? And how do the HBs sound?

It is a Harley Benton. It has a nice warm sound, plays very smooth. I do prefer a longer neck tho. What I like about this neck is that even though it's a bit more compact it doesn't sacrifice any girth.
The Wolf plays even better. My dad who is near virtuose directed me to that one even though he knows I prefer Strats, and I was sceptical at first. For €600 I decided to take the gamble and when it arrived I was immediately in love. Such a nice finish and it feels natural.

The Les Pauls I hardly ever play. The Sunburst is a 1974 Custom and the Goldtop is an Epiphone I bought on a whim from a second hand store. I just pulled it out of storage for these photos (which is also where I thought the black and white strat was, to answer Scourge's question).

My favorite would be the James Tyler Variax. Long, slender and the right amount of action. It also has some spiffy features like live modulation, so changing the tuning is just a matter of turning a dial :up:.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-09-2021 01:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also I have to agree, that blue strat looks amazing. Would go nicely with my candy apple red ;)

I keep buying guitars every few years and I always end up with similar models. I would like to own a Jackson Kelly at some point, just for the coolness of it, and a long tailed SG.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-09-2021 02:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's what I have.

Takamine G series

Alhambra P1. Sorry for the blurry photo

Fender Squier Stratocaster. I love the color of this one. You see the body color a lot, but almost always with a light neck. The A string broke a while back and haven't bothered replacing it yet. I rarely play this guitar.

Ibanez RG. Got .11 or even .12 strings on it. Can't remember exactly which. It's tuned down a half step with the low E string tuned down another whole step.

Ibanez JEM Jr 555

My first (kid sized) guitar ever. My uncle bought it for me in Romania. No idea what it is or where exactly it comes from.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 01-09-2021 07:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
So it's a LPB. That was kinda hard to judge from the photo taken in front of the blue-ish wall. Nice thing :up: .

Absolutely understand you with the importance of the accoustic. I went to my shop some 3 years ago and they fortunately had quite a lot of leftie-westerns to try. An Ortega (200€), an Ibanez(250€), a Fender(300€), a Martin(1200€) and two Taylors (700€ and 2500€).
I went with the 700€-Taylor 114CE. The Martin did sound even better but 600€ was the limit I had set myself. Had to bust that.

There are reasons not to buy Taylors, I admit. They sound absolutely fantastic though. And the price is fair for what you get.

I've actually been considering a Taylor or a Martin when I purchase another guitar. Not pictured is my first guitar which is a Alvarez acoustic. Has extremely low action and is easy to play. However, the sound on the Gibson Songwriter is awesome!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-09-2021 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What I'm gathering here is that I seem to be the only one that doesn't own some kind of strat. :paranoid:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-09-2021 04:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not the only one as I was never that into music.

Oh, and I scored that $100 voucher mentioned a page or two back when I bought that new front loader washing machine before Christmas... Yes!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2021 11:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:eek:

I did a little 'Time Travel' yesterday :eek: a simply marvelous experience.
Months ago I contacted by telephone my employer from 1973. Yes, 1973 and yes, before some of you were born. Yesterday I personally visited, traveled near 50 years back in time. Marvelous :up: I just wish I had more time to of the wonderful experience....

Re: What is new in your little world, me, I am looking at an extended sea voyage up the east coast of Australia all April. Plans are afoot :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-25-2021 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

Too black in my taste.
What top is that? birch?

Eraser wrote:
My first (kid sized) guitar ever. My uncle bought it for me in Romania. No idea what it is or where exactly it comes from.

Sweet, you ever got to mic it?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-25-2021 02:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No I haven't. Honestly though, it sounds like a shoebox with strings.
I did learn to play my very first notes on guitar with it though :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-25-2021 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
a shoebox with strings. :)

That sad thing :).

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-31-2021 10:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recall my sailing adventure? Well I have been asked to crew again :) and some 20 to 25 days this time up the Queensland coast. Same Skipper & boat, a beauty and an extra crewman :up: this sail. Mind you, we're just in the planning stages but I am looking forward to it...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-21-2021 09:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Friend ice climbing. Note that the end of his rope isn't attached to anything. Bad ass ended up soloing the route with the rope as training weight.

Different, more bad ass friend climbing a Popsicle.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-21-2021 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up: The 2nd picture :eek: The popsicle.

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 02-22-2021 04:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 05:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thin line between badass and dumbass...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I'm thinking the second one is more of a dumbass...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First photo is a very experienced ice climber. If he gets in trouble, he has options to back out of what he's doing. He's on terrain that's very easy for his level, so risk of actually falling is very low, though the consequence of falling would be high.

Second photo is a professional ice climber and sponsored athlete. Risk and consequence here is high, but so is his climbing ability, he's one of the world's best.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.