Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-15-2021 07:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
:arrow: Κracus. I need an explanation to the above please :)

There’s nothing special or mysterious about Kracus’ images he’s posting. He has found one of many AI art generating website. Possibly http://www.neuralblender.com or something similar. It’s dumb. You just feed the “AI” some text and it generates an image.

Nothing to see here. Just another gimmick Kracus has fallen for…

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-24-2021 10:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 11-24-2021 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fred durst and a car?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-25-2021 01:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

super mario shiba?

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 11-25-2021 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The hair in the foreground looks like a hair-snail on a uniboard. :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-27-2021 06:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Googles 'detached retina symptoms' :eek:

Hours later, visited the Optometrist (Sunday and they're open) and got a referral to an Ophthalmologist as I have something weird in my right eyeball, like a jellyfish... Watch this space.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-29-2021 12:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh shit Whiskey...good luck

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-29-2021 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yikes

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 11-29-2021 08:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, good luck Whiskey.

Although having suffered a detached retina myself, that doesn't sound like it, and if you've not banged your head recently, I doubt that's it.

Fingers crossed for you!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-29-2021 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All good.
I visited the Ophthalmologist late yesterday and went through extensive tests, It is not a detached retina (yet). Seems as we get older :smirk: in some people (lucky me) what is best described as 'bags of jelly' detach from the retina and float free in the vitreous (fluid inside the eye). Like your occasional 'floaters' and luckily mine is transparent/translucent to a degree. I am to watch out for any changes and contact them immediately. Could be a lot worse so cross those fingers :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-30-2021 05:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good news :up:

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-01-2021 03:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's awesome news!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-04-2021 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still appears good days later. That 'bag of jelly' still persists but I am getting used to it :smirk: and hope/trust it disappears but... Re: What is new in your little world.. My 5YO OPPO F1S mobile phone recently has suffered problems with 'geo-location' and battery life so i bought a new Samsung A52 5G... Lots to learn :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-10-2021 12:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would love to have this set, but €199 for a Lego set is a bit steep.

https://www.lego.com/en-gr/product/bmw-m-1000-rr-42130

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-11-2021 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i would love to have this chair, but £1,156 for a chair is a bit steep.

https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_gb/prod ... on-chairs/

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-13-2021 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

I have that chair, don't it's not that great, the plastic edges dig into your legs.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-13-2021 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Great chair. If you have back issues I highly recommend it. Just make sure you get the right size. Shaft has one too. Pretty sure he'd also whole-heartedly recommend.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-13-2021 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
seremtan wrote:

I have that chair, don't it's not that great, the plastic edges dig into your legs.

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Great chair. If you have back issues I highly recommend it. Just make sure you get the right size. Shaft has one too. Pretty sure he'd also whole-heartedly recommend.

the duality of Q3W :dts:

am more inclined to believe Puff here, especially since everyone else who's expressed an opinion on it loves it too

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-13-2021 01:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also because Puff isn't a crybaby pathological liar like that other guy who rage quit and came back.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-14-2021 06:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus Christ... No wonder I took a break from this place.

https://dack.com/misc/aeron.html

Buy it if you want, I own one and my opinion is just that, an opinion. You asked I'm telling you what I think because I actually own one. You can't lie an opinion spazda. The plastic edged contours of the seats dig into my legs and it sucks for that reason alone. People that I see use this chair put a blanket to sit on to stop this which to me screams bad design. Other reviews also identify this as a problem for them (review posted above). I'm not here to tell you what to buy, I'm just giving my opinion but sure, be an asshole about it (talking to spazda), it's all you know how to do.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-15-2021 02:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you took a break because you were embarrassed by yourself.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing embarrassing here is the fact this place still exists. Trolls like mazda and xeros are the reason why this place is so devoid of life. It doesn't matter what I post, I could literally post information that could make you millionaires and I'd still be ridiculed for it or do you not understand that? Yeah, I got sick of it and stopped posting here, who wouldn't. 99% of the people that posted here on a regular basis all left because this place is so toxic in no small part because the mods are full of themselves. There's a small clique here and if you're not a part of it you're bullied until you leave no matter what you post. I'll give credit where it's due and acknowledge some that changed like yourself but it doesn't make it less irritating to have the same tired responses to every single post, including ones that literally would have made you rich. I was actually going to post about loopring and shiba back in September when I bought some but decided not to, why would I? So I can get trolled some more for having a discussion? Maybe have my personal life investigated by stalkers from q3w? (I know some people here are doing this and I'm pretty sure I know who)

So yeah, I stopped posting here. Please buy that chair, in fact buy two I don't give a shit.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm not going to buy the chair because £1,200 is too much for a chair, even if it looks like it was designed by Steve Jobs

there's bound to be something just as comfy for a lot less, given the sheer range of chairs out there

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 03:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I resent that mod comment.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 06:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also resent the troll comment.

But let’s face it, no troll needed with the claims of “I could have made you millionaires”… :olo:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I also resent the troll comment.

But let’s face it, no troll needed with the claims of “I could have made you millionaires”… :olo:

especially considering kracus was posturing as some sort of market guru. he claimed that we'd have a major market crash before the end of the summer. that shows you how capable he is at making people millions here.

what a fucking dweeb.

seremtan, if you ever get a chance to sit in an aeron, do so. good luck on the chair hunt. i'm sure you can find something good. try to sit in whatever it is before you buy it.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 07:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
The only thing embarrassing here is the fact this place still exists. Trolls like mazda and xeros are the reason why this place is so devoid of life. It doesn't matter what I post, I could literally post information that could make you millionaires and I'd still be ridiculed for it or do you not understand that? Yeah, I got sick of it and stopped posting here, who wouldn't. 99% of the people that posted here on a regular basis all left because this place is so toxic in no small part because the mods are full of themselves. There's a small clique here and if you're not a part of it you're bullied until you leave no matter what you post. I'll give credit where it's due and acknowledge some that changed like yourself but it doesn't make it less irritating to have the same tired responses to every single post, including ones that literally would have made you rich. I was actually going to post about loopring and shiba back in September when I bought some but decided not to, why would I? So I can get trolled some more for having a discussion? Maybe have my personal life investigated by stalkers from q3w? (I know some people here are doing this and I'm pretty sure I know who)

So yeah, I stopped posting here. Please buy that chair, in fact buy two I don't give a shit.

jfc delusional much? :olo:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 08:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

You can buy one used from places like madisonseating for half price.

I've had one for around 10yrs now and I can say its worth the money. Its expensive partly because of the 12yr warranty but also the build quality is excellent. I think when I bought mine the warranty was 'only' 10yrs. The lumbar cracked a few years back and they sent new one out quick. Year 10 I replaced the piston with a 3rd party on amazon and other than the mesh in the seat not being as tight as it once was its still holding up.

Its very comfortable and rewards you for sitting in a position that is good for your posture. So if you like to sit cross legged or some weird way with a leg up its not going to feel good the way the seat frame is designed. Thats not to say you cant relax in it. I frequently set the tilt back and put my feel up on desk to game with controller or watch some tv. Also if you have thicc fleshy thighs and get a size too small the seat can dig into them like kracus experienced. I'm 6' 3" and have both size B and C in the house and the C is much more comfortable if you want some wiggle room for slouching.

I would also consider the Embody Chair. It has a flat seat with no edges more cushioning and supposed to be very comfortable. I've been looking to replace my aging aeron soon and am seriously considering trying an Embody next.

Obviously there are plenty of youtube vids out there on the chairs but thats my 2 cents. You can always buy one and they take it back if you dont love it. It comes fully assembled.

I hope herman miller sees this post and sends me a free chair...pls thx

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-16-2021 09:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
that shows you how capable he is at making people millions here.

All those millions from peddling memecoins and he still can't fix the crooked roof on his dilapidated shack :(

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-17-2021 06:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Look man... I'm not asking much here but could you just stop stalking me in real life? Is that too much to ask? I don't know what shack you're referring to but it's obvious you're trying to find out where I live I guess? Do you ever sit back and consider that maybe you're taking this a bit too far and what you're doing is totally not cool? How would you like it if I contacted your boss and told her you're cyber stalking me? Think that would be cool? I get it, you're an asshole and you enjoy being an absolute prick towards me for no reason whatsoever but can you please fucking stop trying to figure out where I live. Surely you're old enough to realize that's totally uncalled for.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 12-17-2021 08:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey seremtan, missed the talk about Aerons, but I have one myself, and you can frequently pick them up cheap second-hand.
They're the most popular chair in Soho for editors at post production houses, and when they inevitably go bust (which is frequently, because they spent too much on office furniture and not enough on staff), you can pick up the chairs for a comparative steal.

There's a very healthy London-based second-hand Aeron industry.
Have a search around, and you won't be disappointed.

And ignore Kracus. They're great chairs, and there's a reason they're iconic. Worth £1.2K?
Nah.
But £400 or less?
Go for it!

Edit: Just make sure to buy the right size for your arse. They come in three sizes, A for narrow arses, B for just plain regular arses, C for lard-arses.

Last edited by Mat Linnett on 12-17-2021 08:09 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-17-2021 08:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Also if you have thicc fleshy thighs and get a size too small the seat can dig into them like kracus experienced.

lol, low key burn…

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-17-2021 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Look man... I'm not asking much here but could you just stop stalking me in real life? Is that too much to ask? I don't know what shack you're referring to but it's obvious you're trying to find out where I live I guess? Do you ever sit back and consider that maybe you're taking this a bit too far and what you're doing is totally not cool? How would you like it if I contacted your boss and told her you're cyber stalking me? Think that would be cool? I get it, you're an asshole and you enjoy being an absolute prick towards me for no reason whatsoever but can you please fucking stop trying to figure out where I live. Surely you're old enough to realize that's totally uncalled for.

I can assure you no one's stalking you. Never has and never will :olo:

You're so fucking terrible at playing a victim, after years of hurling racist remarks at me even when I was trying to be nice to you and your pathological need to be loved and respected as some kind of internet superstar. And maybe stop sharing shit here on a public forum that you're not comfortable with people knowing, you massive bellend.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-17-2021 10:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're so full of shit. I can go back and find hundreds of replies from you that range from belittling to straight up insults for no reason whatsoever. It's easy because it's EVERY time I post anything. I challenge you to find a single racist thing I've ever said towards you or anyone else. It never happened and never will. I don't spend my days waiting for you to post so I can belittle you and frankly I find it pretty insulting you'd state I've ever said anything racist towards you. Calling you an asshole isn't racist, it's the truth and it would take one to accuse someone of racism falsely.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-17-2021 10:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
shaft wrote:
Also if you have thicc fleshy thighs and get a size too small the seat can dig into them like kracus experienced.

lol, low key burn…

Not gonna lie I do have thick legs. I did not miss leg day. (I did miss upper body day though...)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.