Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
:up: The 2nd picture :eek:

THIS

Mental picture

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 02-24-2021 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Ibanez RG. Got .11 or even .12 strings on it. Can't remember exactly which. It's tuned down a half step with the low E string tuned down another whole step.

You playing nü-metal or something? :offended:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-24-2021 10:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol no, there was just one particular song I played with my band that required me to go low. We play mostly rock song covers ranging from the 70's up to today. Stuff like Queen, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, RHCP, Genesis, Skunk Anansie, Guns N Roses, Muse or Black Sabbath.

In 2019 we did a live performance as part of an event to commemorate the 30 year anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall. We played the Pink Floyd album "The Wall" (almost) in its entirety, which was really cool to do.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2021 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world, well not new but old :smirk:

Certainly appears my 60inch Samsung has given up the ghost.

Just 7 years up on the wall :tear: so I now need to sort out whether to go LED/OLED/QLED...
I know everyone has an opinion but I would appreciate thoughts. What do I avoid?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-27-2021 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just get anything nerd...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2021 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NVM
Bought the LG OLED CX model and it is to be delivered tomorrow :D

EDIT: Next day :)
1. Still wait delivery...
2. Bummer, discovered the old wall mount hardware need to be lowered somewhat and the fixings on the new LG OLED are at the bottom of the panel :smirk: so I have enlisted a professional for the install...
3. Oh, and I am off for a few days, interstate :eek:

EDIT: Days later, returns from a great little drive :D south some 5 hours. No boarder closures :up: to contend with.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-02-2021 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Easter here and we spent some time cleaning out our recipes to discover so many old, yes old recipes.
Here's the back of a magazine clipping (New Idea) with a crossword.
Note the date :eek: :eek: and before some of you entered this world.

Not new I grant you :D

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-04-2021 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A few days before my 21st birthday.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 04-12-2021 12:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Installed Q3 Arena on my Kids PCs (Age 8 and 13) and we started having death matches with a few other extended family members. Game skills came back quickly and also found my 8 year old has some insane rail gun skills.

I haven't been here in a long time so I figured I would catch up and say what's up?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-12-2021 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
................. my 8 year old has some insane rail gun skills........

They do, don't they.

Regards what's up, I'd say same old, same old. Relatively quiet here. Are you still into those 'special' sets of wheels? I recon you've changed to a new model once or twice, not to mention the modifications :D

BTW, welcome back "Giraffe }{unter" :)

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 04-12-2021 07:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks, I still lurk from time to time. I've got my wheels set for now...

I have an 2005 R/T magnum AWD which I wanted from way back when it was first announced. Found a pretty decent specimen a few hours away and this is my Daily driver, does awesome in the northeast snow. https://www.instagram.com/p/CMz0NColbuU/

My Garage Queen is an 18 Widebody hellcat I've had her for 2 years as well. https://www.instagram.com/p/CKnUgGFlze-/
Done a lot of work to her during the Pandemic
Air suspension - https://www.instagram.com/p/CKiK_w5FsZN/
Working of getting the interior fitted with forged carbon https://www.instagram.com/p/CNbAlU0lMSI/
Engine Bling for now https://www.instagram.com/p/CKFuTKCFLmi/

I had some engine modifications planned for this fall that would get me over 900 to the wheels on pump gas, but with all the talk on new car regulations I'm holding off to see how this shakes out. It's pretty scary to see that the EPA wants to take away the ability for street cars to be turned into race cars.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-12-2021 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice. I applaud people that really look after their wheels and you certainly do that :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 02:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ugh instagram, too bad you need an account to see anything.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 03:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing worse than instagram is pintrest

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 04:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Two sites I refuse to sign up to. Turns out instagram is actually one of the worst companies in the world to share your data with 3rd parties. They're pretty aggressive too with how much data they try to get from you. GPS, photos, personal details, financial purchases etc... it's all being recorded and sold on an open market if you're part of their social network.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 05:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry guys from my end the images are visible without an account... I have some pics on my site as well http://www.workplaydrive.com/

In my hobby, Instagram and YouTube is a necessity to maintain my passive income. Between affiliate deals and sponsorships the deals include the use of Instagram, Facebook and YouTube to promote the brands I like. I earn money daily from these engagements which covers the costs of all modifications, upkeep and travel for my hobby.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 06:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that's understandable, I'm more annoyed I can't see it cause I love looking at your projects, overall great stuff in the past. That hellcat looks sick too, I'd love to be able to do the same level of work to my STI.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The STI has a similar presence in the aftermarket world, so many parts and options available. I almost picked up a beautiful WRX STI many years ago, but I walked away due to the sales guy being a dick. I can't imagine where my hobby would be today if I Got an STI vs the challenger...

I added a non social media gallery for each car
2005 Magnum - https://www.workplaydrive.com/bwg_gallery/2005-dodge-magnum/
2018 Hellcat - https://www.workplaydrive.com/bwg_gallery/2018-hellcat-widebody/

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 08:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mmmmm that hellcat. My friend who owns a challenger would be very jealous. do you do youtube vids? I've been watching a lot of youtube car videos. Mostly McM, throtl and up to speed/donut media. They seem pretty popular!

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice I enjoy those channels as well. I have a channel, Focused on product videos and how to videos http://youtube.com/c/workplaydrive

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-13-2021 10:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Subbed!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-14-2021 11:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

5900x arrived...it's quick

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-14-2021 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
5900x arrived...it's quick

I guess the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, a new CPU so ask, was a new MB required or does it just slip in the old?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-14-2021 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryzen 9 requires an X570 motherboard.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-22-2021 02:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Itll work in an X470 mobo as well

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-22-2021 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it depends on the BIOS. AFAIK x570 is the only chipset made for Ryzen 9 and works out of the box.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-24-2021 07:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking nerds

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-26-2021 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
Nice I enjoy those channels as well. I have a channel, Focused on product videos and how to videos http://youtube.com/c/workplaydrive

I have been watching a few videos on and off .. really interesting stuff :up:

Κracus wrote:
Subbed!

:up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-28-2021 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
Thanks, I still lurk from time to time. I've got my wheels set for now...

I have an 2005 R/T magnum AWD which I wanted from way back when it was first announced. Found a pretty decent specimen a few hours away and this is my Daily driver, does awesome in the northeast snow. https://www.instagram.com/p/CMz0NColbuU/

My Garage Queen is an 18 Widebody hellcat I've had her for 2 years as well. https://www.instagram.com/p/CKnUgGFlze-/
Done a lot of work to her during the Pandemic
Air suspension - https://www.instagram.com/p/CKiK_w5FsZN/
Working of getting the interior fitted with forged carbon https://www.instagram.com/p/CNbAlU0lMSI/
Engine Bling for now https://www.instagram.com/p/CKFuTKCFLmi/

I had some engine modifications planned for this fall that would get me over 900 to the wheels on pump gas, but with all the talk on new car regulations I'm holding off to see how this shakes out. It's pretty scary to see that the EPA wants to take away the ability for street cars to be turned into race cars.

Following :q2:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-04-2021 12:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last year I did a circuit riding training on my motorcycle. Yesterday I did it again, together with my brother, at Circuit Zandvoort. Incredible experience! I recorded some footage with my cheap $60 GoPro clone (a Xiaomi Yi ActionCam). Image quality is decent enough, but I messed up the audio recording as the dB levels clipped all over the place. So it sounds a bit gnarly unfortunately

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-04-2021 01:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd love to drive Zandvoort; looks a beaut of a track

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-04-2021 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just download the Robinhood app a few weeks ago and started playing with the DOGE and Ethereum. They are both moving pretty good lately.

Did a few more upgrades to the bike too. I know most of you will shit on them, but what the fuck do I care. LOL.

And a buddy and I just got back from a 6 day, 5 night, 2940 mile round trip ride to Hot Spring Arkansas where we stayed in this really nice Airbnb and rode some twisties in the Ozark Mountains.

Good times... :cool:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-04-2021 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The update and pictures are appreciated. Thanks. That Airbnb looks nice :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-04-2021 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A short twisty clip of my ride.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-04-2021 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shit, did I miss the great 2021 Guitar Bonanza?! Didn't realize we had so many players around here. I knew Eraser and Scourge played. Nice looking collections gents. I never did purchase an Ibanez guitar but they do play really well. My buddy had an old Universe 7 back in the day, that thing sounded pretty mental. I think he was playing it through a EVH 5150 amp.

Fuck it... here are my axes.

Les Paul Standard 2008 - probably one of my faves, bought it off an old co-worker back in '08.

Gibson Explorer 2008 - pickups on this thing are crazy hot, good for playing Megadeth, Metallica, etc.

ESP E-II Viper Baritone - latest addition, I waited almost a full year to get this thing, it was made to order and came from Japan. Has EMG pickups which are even hotter than the Explorer above. Baritone is really fun stuff. I have it setup with 12-52's right now

Yamaha Pacifica - essentially a Strat-copy. Actually sounds really good, I think I only paid $200 or $300 for it. Pickups fucked off on me a while ago but it was just a bad solder joint, easy fix.

Ibanez SR805 - 5-string bass. The colour of the wood is kinda fucking weird but they had it on sale because nobody wanted to buy it (presumably because the colour is fucked), I recall getting a steal of a deal on it and they threw in a hard shell case too. I don't play a ton of bass but it's fun to have around

Larrivée D-03R - good old fashioned dreadnought. Bought this before Larrivée moved south to California. This is one of the last ones made in Vancouver. I've had this thing for 15 years, it has aged beautifully. Did an overhaul on it a couple years ago, including Gotoh 21:1 tuners on it - fuck me. I wish I had done this a decade ago. I'm eventually going to do all my guitars with Gotoh tuners.

Yamaha G-231 - basic classical acoustic. Sounds great and a lot of fun to practice finger picking or good for song-writing

Fender Strat - Mexican made, I think a 2004. I put Hotrails pickups in it years ago, and my buddy put a new body on it about 10 or 12 years ago. I don't play it often as Strats aren't really my thing but it does sound really nice and it's just a good axe to have in the collection.

Still to come: 12-string acoustic, baritone acoustic, 7-string electric, 8-string electric, semi-hollow electric, 6-string cutaway acoustic, 7-string acoustic... GAS'ing hard!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.