Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-28-2021 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Assemble me like one of your creator expert sets..."

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-29-2021 12:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 10-29-2021 01:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-29-2021 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
About to finish that 7500 piece Lego Millennium Falcon with my son.

He wants to try the 9000+ piece Titanic that is available in November, but we are running out of places to keep these damn things.

Just display it at the bottom of your west wing stairwell, obvs!

(image from the actual lego titanic promo pics - I love how they're basically saying yep.. you're gonna need a bigger house) :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-29-2021 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's up everybody? Are you guys enjoying your pandemic? You looking forward to your next mask or vaccine mandate? I bet you are. Man, this Biden administration is doing such a fantastic job with American foreign policy and the economy. He should certainly be voted in again. :crickets: :olo:

I recently got back from a trip to California where we rented bikes to ride the PCH and twisties in the mountains. We flew into San Francisco where we picked up our bikes. Man what a shit hole. It is definitely the dirtiest city I've been to hands down. The roads were also in terrible shape for motorcycles and gas prices have to be the highest in the nation. But once you get outside of the city the vistas were beautiful. It's hard to believe that it's all connected. Riding the PCH was another bucket list item checked off the list. Though I can't see going back.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 10-30-2021 05:31 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-29-2021 11:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
tnf wrote:
About to finish that 7500 piece Lego Millennium Falcon with my son.

He wants to try the 9000+ piece Titanic that is available in November, but we are running out of places to keep these damn things.

Just display it at the bottom of your west wing stairwell, obvs!

(image from the actual lego titanic promo pics - I love how they're basically saying yep.. you're gonna need a bigger house) :olo:

lol. It's exactly why I have the 1m long Saturn V rocket set up vertically :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-30-2021 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf just break the Titanic into two pieces and display them in separate rooms and tell people that's basically how it looks now

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-30-2021 04:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:arrow: YourGrandpa. Thanks for the update and those pictures of the Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1) and that Golden Gate picture :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-05-2021 10:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-05-2021 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:arrow: Κracus. I need an explanation to the above please :)

...and, 'What is new in your little world?', I am off to my yearly work reunion where I'll meet workmates, some from 40 years ago :eek:
It will be an interesting evening.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-06-2021 01:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so i guess the guy who left and said he was never coming back just came back :|

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-06-2021 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played Far Cry VR with 7 buddies yesterday.

The (technical) idea behind it is pretty cool. This is not some VR game you can play on your Oculus headset. You need to go to one of the VR locations that offer this game. We played this at Zero Latency VR in Rotterdam. You and up to seven other people are put in an open hall with VR headsets on your heads. You get a plastic mock up gun in your hand (which is position-tracked into the VR world), a backpack with laptop on your back and headphones with mic You're then transported into this Far Cry 3 based world where you need to shoot waves of bad guys. Because you're in this open area, the game allows you to actually physically walk around to move around in the VR world. The game warns you when you get too close to a wall or, oddly enough, another player (even though other players are visible as other players in the game). This allows for a real free roaming VR experience, which adds another level of immersion compared to the relatively static VR experiences you can have in your own living room.

So much for the promise. In reality, the physical area you're in is not big enough for wide open jungle areas, so you're kind of "forced" to follow a tight twisty path when moving around. The end result makes the level feel kind of on-rails. The fact that you can walk around is pretty cool at first, but the novelty wears of real fast. At least, it did for me. And I think this is the gist: if you've never played VR games before, Far Cry VR will be a perfect way to be introduced to VR. You will thoroughly enjoy it. However, if you're a VR veteran, Far Cry VR offers little new you haven't already experienced. It's an enjoyable romp, but I'm not sure if it was worth the €38 per person you have to pay for it.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-06-2021 09:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
so i guess the guy who left and said he was never coming back just came back :|

Lovely gathering and yes, some I haven't seen in 30+ years.. I'd like to think of these reunion experience as 'time travel for amateurs'.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-07-2021 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i was actually referring to Kracus but ok :p

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-07-2021 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
i was actually referring to Kracus but ok :p

Yes, I see and understand how I got the wrong end of the stick there.

Re what is new in your little world, we are off to the Gold Coast for a little holiday, spending a few days in a 22nd floor apartment just a few metres from the beach and yes, I hear “photos” but the weather has changed and we expect overcast skies and rain. See you in a few then :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 01:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sounds like you're further away from the beach vertically than you are horizontally

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 11:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Kracus was abducted by aliens and had that mind control anal probe inserted after all

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 02:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh shit, classic Krackass :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
sounds like you're further away from the beach vertically than you are horizontally

Packing the bags now.
Just for interest I will try to estimate both applying some simple right angled triangle trigonometry :)
Just need take my spirit level with the 45 degree bubble in it, wait, I have an app on my mobile that will do that :D

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-08-2021 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Oh shit, classic Krackass :olo:

I think that disproves the abduction theory, no race advanced enough for mind control could make up the moronic shit that dribbles out of kracass' little lizard brain :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-09-2021 01:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

Fucking lol

I have had this discussed with a lot of people over the years; taking steroids etc will not make you an pro level athlete.

Think of it this way; if you took something that made you 10% better at the sport you were competing in, you would get a nice little boost. But it's only 10% of your natural ability, so if someone is 20% better than you naturally, the 10% gain they will see will be bigger than your 10% gain. I am not going to be challenging Usain Bolt in the 100 meters because I cycle some steroids/testosterone sups and train. His natural ability will still be better than me while juicing.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-09-2021 01:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the gains are even less than that. You already have to be a pro level athlete at the top level to be able to win, even with doping use. Performance enhancing drugs or treatments will only give you just that small edge you need to consistently be just that little bit better than your opponent.
It's kind of why the public opinion on someone like Lance Armstrong is far too harsh. I'm not saying it's ok that he used all these illegal substances and methods, but without those, he'd still be an incredible cyclist.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-09-2021 03:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I think the gains are even less than that. You already have to be a pro level athlete at the top level to be able to win, even with doping use. Performance enhancing drugs or treatments will only give you just that small edge you need to consistently be just that little bit better than your opponent.
It's kind of why the public opinion on someone like Lance Armstrong is far too harsh. I'm not saying it's ok that he used all these illegal substances and methods, but without those, he'd still be an incredible cyclist.

That's exactly my point, and the 10% was used as an easy to understand example number

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-11-2021 11:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Back already :smirk:

I recon, from my mobile phone 'spirit level' app, 45 degrees from that 22nd floor put me in the dunes/green re-vegetation area.

While on the Gold Coast I visited the Lego retail shop :D Here's their shopfront with a Gold Coast image made of Lego.

They had the LEGO Titanic set there, but I didn't buy @ AU$999.99/US$629.99 / It was just released on 8 November 2021.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-12-2021 12:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol that place is going to be underwater* in about 50 years so enjoy it while you can

* thanks in no small part to guys like ScoMo and the LEEBERAL GAHVAHMUNT

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-12-2021 07:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Please remind me, who is the elected leader of your country? BTW, I voted for the wrong party once, never again :smirk:

... and if that place is underwater in the near future, the world will be a different place as I estimate the ground floor is at the very least some 4 metres above mean sea level. Trust me here as I was once a survey technician around our Moreton Bay islands :smirk:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 02:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey, are you a supporter of the Lib/Nats?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 11:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Whiskey, are you a supporter of the Lib/Nats?

Are you?
Me, I have worked hard all my life, protested in the streets too, so no, Liberal/Nationals are IMO, a different breed altogether.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not in Australia, thankfully. Who did you vote for? :smirk:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-13-2021 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're a Canadian I think and under that Liberal Justin Trudeau :smirk: I could be wrong here....

I vote Labor but ask, why are we getting into politics :?: Maybe you're fishing for a bite perhaps Captain Mazda.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-14-2021 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trudeau is the quintessential """progressive""" consensus politician: "let's keep on doing the neolib shit but with a queer disabled first nations trans woman in charge so if anyone objects we can just call them a bigot"

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-14-2021 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A little video from the Cali ride.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-15-2021 02:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Trudeau is the quintessential """progressive""" consensus politician: "let's keep on doing the neolib shit but with a queer disabled first nations trans woman in charge so if anyone objects we can just call them a bigot"

Fun fact: the leader of the green party over here, Jesse Klaver, looks suspiciously much like Trudeau

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.