Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-14-2022 09:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world... Me, just got hold of a monster Technic Lego.

LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator - (42100)

It is assembled and comes with box, manual etc so the fun starts in disassembly :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-15-2022 12:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got myself this Lego set

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 05-16-2022 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
I've acquired a Dean Dime Razorback since I posted those. I may need an intervention.

Ohhh... Nice! The one with the razorblade 12th fret? Lightning/black/rust graphics?

It's on my "covet but can't justify any more guitars" list along with the Washburn Paul stanley PS2000 :P

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-18-2022 10:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I got myself this Lego set...

Larger version:

I see it everyday as this is my workplace now. They seem to glue these large builds used for exhibitions. One can see it between each layer.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-18-2022 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ha that's cool :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-20-2022 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glue and Lego, unforgivable but understandable in exhibition pieces.

Re: What is new in your little world, me, I have pulled apart that Lego Cargo Plane (42045) and I am half way through pulling apart the Technic Liebherr (42100). Fingers are sore as I suspect the Liebherr has never been taken apart before. Might be a day or two before I complete this disassembly then I plan to reassemble in a week or two.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-23-2022 10:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am still halfway through disassembly of the Technic Liebherr (42100) but I stumbled across this oldie but a beauty:) and I drove up the highway today after confirming purchase and collected.

The guy said he bought from Holland (cheaper than Australia apparently) some years ago, built once and then boxed away for years, recently re assembling again to ensure all parts there ready for sale and they are :)

If you are familiar with the lore here, the linear actuators were 'faulty' in the original release and Lego recalled all sets and in the later release had replaced with different actuators (mention of that here) and first up in the video.

Interestingly, I have the old and the new actuators, the new still sealed. He bought the first release model and had the replacements sent to him. Really nice provenance. He actually bagged up the parts in ziplock bags according to each manual (3).

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-24-2022 08:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
Scourge wrote:
I've acquired a Dean Dime Razorback since I posted those. I may need an intervention.

Ohhh... Nice! The one with the razorblade 12th fret? Lightning/black/rust graphics?

It's on my "covet but can't justify any more guitars" list along with the Washburn Paul stanley PS2000 :P

Yes, in matte black.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-24-2022 09:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's nice guitar. Holy shit! :O

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-24-2022 11:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty standard fare compared to some of the crazy body shapes you've got there Scourge, but I love 'em to bits:

And my pedal addiction show no signs of abating. I've just ordered a CopperSound Triplegraph from Third Man.
The most expensive pedal I've ever bought :eek:

Also, some shots from the Piers Morgan Uncensored studio which I visited last week. It's pretty much all LCD screens:

What the presenter sees:

"Curved" screen behind the presenter:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-25-2022 01:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very cool, Mat

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-25-2022 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Pretty standard fare compared to some of the crazy body shapes you've got there Scourge, but I love 'em to bits:

Nothing wrong with either one of those. I just happen to be a sucker for Ibanez and pointy stuff. :D Just almost picked up a Jackson Kelly last week. Kinda regret not doing it now. Also Looking at a Schecter Hellraiser C1. Can't seem to help myself. Divorce can't be too far off. :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-26-2022 01:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:

Also, some shots from the Piers Morgan Uncensored studio which I visited last week. It's pretty much all LCD screens:

What the presenter sees:

"Curved" screen behind the presenter:

Shame no one watched the actual show...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-26-2022 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where's the chair that shoots a dildo up his ass whenever he says "wokeism"?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-26-2022 05:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hah, tell me about it!
After the first week, the figures dropped off a cliff.

It's quite refreshing really. While I'm enjoying the work, the content is pretty much the polar opposite of my views, so I can't say I'm too sad there not much appetite for his brand of controversy.

And personally, I don't think they launched with enough content outside of his nightly show. They're relying an awful lot on the visualisation of Talk Radio to carry the channel for daytime, and I don't think it's strong enough to do that.
It works fine as a radio station (albeit harbouring some antiquated, out-of-date views that only pensioners agree with), but it doesn't come across as being structured for telly (which it isn't).

I think they've got the potential for making some content that will bring in larger viewing figures, especially if they take advantage of Jeremy Kyle and his experience of being a daytime chat-show host (despite, or maybe because of the controversy surrounding him).
But they need to move fast if they want to stand a chance of unseating GBNews.

But if the worst comes to the worst, I've learned a lot of important skills on this job that should transfer easily to other organisations.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-26-2022 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why the fuck would anyone watch Piers Morgan?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-26-2022 10:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's new in my little world? My parents are planning a trip to Croatia, to the sea. There's a chance I might be able to go with them. I just have to ask more details (like when are they going so I could plan my vacation accordingly).

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-26-2022 11:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat, I'm not familiar with the sort of content Pierce Morgan puts out, but you say you don't agree with it at all. Now, I don't want to judge, but don't you feel moral friction when you're part of an organization that puts said content out there?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-26-2022 11:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, money is money, right? Mat needs money to sustain, and if he's good at the job, and even gets better doing it, then I don't think that it matters that much if he does or does not agree with the show host. His job isn't to agree with the host, his job is to set up and maintain the set or whatever he does there. When he gets fed up with Pierce Morgan, he can go fairly anywhere, since he got the skills.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-27-2022 12:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Mat, I'm not familiar with the sort of content Pierce Morgan puts out, but you say you don't agree with it at all. Now, I don't want to judge, but don't you feel moral friction when you're part of an organization that puts said content out there?

I guess you need to take the money when it comes in his game and i don't blame him.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-27-2022 05:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Pretty much what CZghost & Boomdrain said.

Yeah, I was made redundant after the first round of furlough started to dry up in the UK, so started freelancing.
(I also worked on I'm a "Celebrity, Get me out of here!" for the 2020 series, and that was very fun, if brutal hours (12 hour nightshifts for the entirety of November, one night on, one night off.))

When you've got a mortgage to pay and no stable income, if people are offering you (well-paid) work, you have to be a bit flexible.

I'm not responsible for creation of content; I take care of the systems that allow the team to make said content. But I must admit, I was still hesitant to take the contract when I started.

It turns out, while the content they put out is backward and out-of-touch, there's a massive cross-section of society working there, a lot of whom don't share the same opinions as the "company".
And it's simply one of the best places I've worked, with great people who appreciate my skills, in an interesting area and a fantastic building with easy transport links to my flat.
It's 30 mins from my local station, compared to working in Soho, which would regularly take me an hour and a quarter to get to or from every day.

I did hear one of the most genuinely funny things I've ever heard in a working environment there, that made me realise how much stuff like "Drop the Dead Donkey" hewed closer to documentary rather than farce at times.
I was up installing software on journalists' laptops, when one, an otherwise lovely girl, said to one of her colleagues, with no hint of irony, "I think the best thing about me is that I have no ethics".

I mean, it's actually true that being morally flexible is an advantage for a journalist in the UK, and the British School of Journalism actively teach you that your opinion is given to you by the editorial team, but to hear this pretty upper-middle class blonde say it out loud in her plummy accent was just one of those perfect comedy moments.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-27-2022 07:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fair enough. Thanks for the answer :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-27-2022 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett :up:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-29-2022 09:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-02-2022 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Also Looking at a Schecter Hellraiser C1.

Got it.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 06-03-2022 02:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn, that's a beautiful guitar!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-03-2022 07:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Damn, that's a beautiful guitar!

Thanks, I thought so too. Couldn't pass it up. Bought it from the same guy that I got the red Phil Demmel King V from. Normally I'll adjust the truss rod, action, intonation, and all that when I get one. All this one got was a string change, wipe down, fretboard oiled and it was good to go.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-06-2022 01:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Boomdrain?? wtf dude

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-06-2022 02:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now I can see it. :D

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 06-06-2022 04:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Boomdrain?? wtf dude

It's a mark of affection ya big doofus. It spoonerises so well, I can't resist it :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-06-2022 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another Lego Technic build complete and a very satisfying one at that. ... and all functions worked on this the LEGO® Technic 8043, Motorized Excavator.

If you've read the post a few above above, I will add, he even had the original bags the parts came in in the box. That's an AFOL :up:

In a few weeks I will disassemble and then start the monumental task of building the LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator - (42100)now in pieces.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-06-2022 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
It's a mark of affection ya big doofus. It spoonerises so well, I can't resist it :D

I like the ' .. mark of affection... ' <3

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-07-2022 03:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting day to be working for a news-oriented organisation :D

One of our editors is obviously quite happy about it; one of their place-holder graphics read "BORIS OBIT".
:olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-14-2022 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re what is new in your little world, I am off 'Hobie Cat' sailing today in something like this...

Pics maybe later :)

guru
guru
PostPosted: 07-14-2022 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whats new:

Still cancer free after my last blood work (2 years now).
Kids are 10 and 7.
I turned 47. Old.
Bought a new WRX.
That's about it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.