Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 12:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks guys, a beast she is.. (lol times subscription)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
'sup gaffer? long time no sniff :)

fuck, I'll bet she roars. give us a revving vid in a MaccyD's car-park :up:

Fine looking car Giraffe }{unter and I do like this photo :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gwamps will be along shortly to post something like "nice car, here's my swamp dinghy/car I wish I could buy/PC I'm really proud of/photo of my trip to the mall.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
Installed my latest mod this weekend Shaker intake and new hood. Finished a few hours before the show and took home a win a mopar nationals at E-town yesterday.

Very nice :up:

Are you getting the S/C kit?

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 08-22-2016 06:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Quote:
'sup gaffer? long time no sniff :)

fuck, I'll bet she roars. give us a revving vid in a MaccyD's car-park :up:

Fine looking car Giraffe }{unter and I do like this photo :up:

Thanks Memphis

No McDonalds but I do have a cold start, tried getting some video from a parking garage, but too much wind noise. Soon once I'm done tweaking the intake I have a rolling shoot scheduled.

ToxicBug wrote:
Very nice :up:

Are you getting the S/C kit?

Can't allocate the funds (over $10K) to that project yet. My agreement with the wife is minial investment in cash to build my brand then get sponsors. I'm working with vendors (as you can see by the window sticker) to be a Brand ambassador. I get the products for nominal if any costs and if I like them I agree to promote them.

If I don't like them I remove and return. I'm not just going to back someone because I get it for free. The supercharger is going to take some time to build to the 10K level.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-23-2016 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Olo

Last edited by lurlur on 08-23-2016 12:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-23-2016 06:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lurlur wrote:
And he was being controlled by the Illuminati the whole time. The face-to-face with Janus is exactly what they wanted him to do.

Just when you think
Everything's going fine,
We get an interloper,
Shitposting

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-23-2016 11:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Just when you think
Everything's going fine,
We get an interloper,
Shitposting

I was wondering :smirk:

Re: What is new in your little world?

Me, well I am cooking a Mexican taco style dinner tonight for 4 and haven't done this in years so wish me luck :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-24-2016 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
met this guy last night

Nice, Jean-Claude Van Damme...
Did you get an autograph? :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-25-2016 11:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

..... I am cooking a Mexican taco style dinner tonight for 4 and haven't done this in years so wish me luck :D

The re-fried beans out of the can tasted terrible but perhaps I added too much water :smirk:
The flavoured mince filling I created was nice as was the salad and sour cream.

Then today, I had fish & chips for lunch in a local park. Very nice :up:
Next time I am there I'll take a snap (photo) to share :D

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 08-26-2016 03:20 PM, edited 1 time in total.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh man that sounds terrible

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
oh man that sounds terrible

Yes, the re-fried beans in the tin :smirk: I guess it is the case RTFM :rolleyes:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 09:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

throw everything, every spice in there, make them wish they were never born.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't think they're Jewish, calm down.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 01:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Intel NUC mini PC

with Win 8.1 and Kodi installed.

Background being our TV's tuner seems to be loosing it. It starts freezing upon switching channels when the TV ran several minutes. Someone has to get up and hard-switch it off and on again for it to function properly for some minutes before the cycle starts again, a real annoyance.
But I like the image of the old plasma display so I looked around for a solution and since your public TV programme sucks anyway, I came about this solution. A quiet, small, hideable WiFi PC to stream media to the TV's display.
And with Kodi it works like a charm. Actually, I am still overwhelmbed by that software. It has so many functions, it is astonishing. With that comes some learning curve but it's doable, enough forums on the internet.
Would recommend, 8/10.

SimpleTV (IPTV) seems to suck because of the .m3u channel list it needs to find the streams. A proper m3u file with all german channels seems to be hard to find because of (illegal) history of such m3u files. It's kinda grey, so noone is coming up with a proper solution.
One can create such a file for him/herself, though. I'm not that far into the stuff to understand it, been messing with it for just two days. There are so many AddOns to Kodi for individual worldwide channels, I am busy with them :).

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didnt get my receiver to work probably a year ago, so i decided to stop watching Tv. Im not missing it.
If i want to see Terror, Merkel & Refugees theres still the internet. Next year the "private-tv" stations (RTL,SAT1 & fuck..) will move over to pay-tv. This will be the end for RTL&Co, im so glad!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, TV. i haven't owned one in years. waste of space

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

of space?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

You know you can mount them on walls nowadays :o

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 01:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there are better things to use wall space for

nothing, for example

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

:rolleyes:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

bout time you junk that WW1 era CRT and get a flat for that wall with a background pic of dogs playing poker no ?

:p

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks like i triggered a lot of people by not owning a TV set :olo:

SoM wrote:
WW1 era CRT

me and my homiez destroying n00bs at CS:GO

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You best be the dude checking out her arse.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

she's stream-sniping

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea i know you have ALL the answers

but youre missing out not having a tv

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mmm salty

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

nothing, for example

So a blank wall is better than an audiovisual interface to the world which might send biased information about things that are, at the core, happening?
Of course we nowadays can, and should, check facts by the nice internet. We can find angles there that fit our perspective, as well.
But for basic info a TV is a good thing.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck basic TV. I use a projector for watching films or proper TV like Thrones. Not only does it vastly improve the visual experience, and when it's off it's far more discrete in a room when you have a retractable screen but it also makes much more of an event of watching something rather than just turning the TV on.

If we want to watch some shit (current guilty pleasure is Raised by Wolves, check that shit out!) and veg out while we eat dinner instead of interacting with each other then we just stick something on the macbook and sit on the sofa with it on the coffee table.

We also listen to a fair bit of radio/podcasts, which is a preferable way of getting info because you can do other shit at the same time. She knits and I make model kits. :!:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2016 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
seremtan wrote:

nothing, for example

So a blank wall is better than an audiovisual interface to the world which might send biased information about things that are, at the core, happening?
Of course we nowadays can, and should, check facts by the nice internet. We can find angles there that fit our perspective, as well.
But for basic info a TV is a good thing.

whatever floats your boat dude. i'm just saying i have no use for one

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's a story for you:D

I was having lunch yesterday and spotted a nice early model Toyota Celica pass by, much like one I owned in the early 1980's

See my web page below if you haven't :) for my auto ownership history.

Anyway, later in the afternoon I trawled the online car sales websites.

Well blow me away :eek: there was my old Toyota Supra sitting there for sale.
On first sighting, I was 80%-90% sure it was the beast but it certainly was a lovely car in the day.
I then I spotted a couple of stickers on the windows and it was :D

It was like I found a lost child (not that I have ever had the experience). It's been 22 years :eek:
Here are some snaps for your viewing pleasure :) and yes, I'd love to buy but common sense says no :tear:

Image Image Image Image

image sharing

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Here's a story for you:D

I was having lunch yesterday and spotted a nice early model Toyota Celica pass by, much like one I owned in the early 1980's

See my web page below if you haven't :) for my auto ownership history.

Anyway, later in the afternoon I trawled the online car sales websites.

Well blow me away :eek: there was my old Toyota Supra sitting there for sale.
On first sighting, I was 80%-90% sure it was the beast but it certainly was a lovely car in the day.
I then I spotted a couple of stickers on the windows and it was :D

It was like I found a lost child (not that I have ever had the experience). It's been 22 years :eek:
Here are some snaps for your viewing pleasure :) and yes, I'd love to buy but common sense says no :tear:

Image Image Image Image

image sharing

If you enjoyed it so much back in the day, I'd reach out to them for at a test drive :smirk:

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 07:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

OMG those seats look like you can sleep in them.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 07:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Had some fun at the Dragway last weekend...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 08:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
OMG those seats look like you can sleep in them.

The pile on the sheepskin was thick, something like 25mm (1 inch) and was so luxurious :)

On the same note, i have just exchanged an email with the seller. He asked and I supplied some history.
He added, "She still purrs like a kitten".. Funny, I never thought it was female, but still beautiful :confused:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.