Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-22-2020 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lapland? Is that the magical land of lapdances? I'd go there.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-22-2020 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Best time to visit for foreigners is July and August, unless you want to experience the polar night in Lapland.

Beautiful pictures. Thank you :up:

...and I'd love to be there to enjoy real polar nights.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-22-2020 02:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There’s only two things to do in Finland. Become alcoholic or fuck your friends wife.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-22-2020 09:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nothing's new in my nonexistent world.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-22-2020 09:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dirge Inferno wrote:

Yes there is, you're here visiting :!:

Still love that Roman theme map. Did you finish it?.. Checks Level Editing & Modeling ...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-23-2020 12:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
There’s only two things to do in Finland. Become alcoholic or fuck your friends wife.

Testify

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-23-2020 05:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Dirge Inferno wrote:

Yes there is, you're here visiting :!:

Still love that Roman theme map. Did you finish it?.. Checks Level Editing & Modeling ...

Was thinking of you recently Whiskey, hope you're doing well with all those fires going on down under.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-23-2020 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the thoughts. Mine go to the victims and services fighting the fires.

Thankfully all is well here :) We are quite some distance from the fires down south. I have been on tourist drive to most of the effected areas and know them reasonably well. We get lots of smoke haze when there are southerly winds but I hear even New Zealand, across 'The Ditch' is getting some too.

We had blazes and evacuations at Peregian Beach some kilometres north a couple of weeks ago. It is our summer so we expect the heat. Just checked weather for Sydney yesterday as I heard it was going to be a warm one there, yes, 41c or 106f Locally it is forecast to get to 35c/95f. The humidity that gets to most here. Get out of any breeze and you start to sweat.

Again thoughts for the victims here....

News just yesterday here.....
3 Americans killed in water tanker crash fighting Australia fires l ABC News

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-28-2020 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Topic: What is new in your little world?

Some years ago now, I spent weeks trying to locate classmates for a school reunion which meant telephoning likely names, these I copied and pasted into EXCEL and all out of the online phone books. Are there any 'hard' telephone books anywhere these days I wonder? I scored a few hits and some even provided likely leads to follow like, "Yes, he's my cousin and lives ......". All in all, I did pretty well in locating most classmates.

Anyway, in the searching I ventured into FB. I rarely use that anymore. I get 'alerts' occasionally but hardly follow them up. Recently I did and went to a page called "I grew up in the ......".

This got me thinking of my first real boss/employer L & H A. I was a garage attendant (some say browser monkey), serving petrol to customers on the 'driveway', mid 1970's. You may know, check the oil & tyres, oh and can you please clean the windscreen (windshield)... I thought to FB my old boss because of their unusual name and BINGO. I had them. Checked the online telephone book to locate etc.

This afternoon, I just time traveled back to the early 1970's and had a great call, chatting like it was yesterday. They gave me the name and telephone number of a workmate of the day and later I called him too and after near 50 years :eek: Quite and afternoon :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-02-2020 02:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I pruned all my fruit trees today. The orchard is really coming along. We harvested 4 pecans and one peach last year :D. We’ll plant a few more trees this spring for a total of 16. Cherry, apple, peach, pear, apricot, and pecans...:up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-03-2020 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just finished ordering all the audio equipment for my bike. All I have left to get is some new bag lids that are modified for the speakers. I'm doing a 1000 watt (6) speaker system with a digital sound processor. Should be pretty awesome when it's finished.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-03-2020 08:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the first thought that comes to anyone's mind when a fat dude on a slow Harley cruises by blasting AC/DC is "awesome".

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-03-2020 08:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does Gramps have anything going on other than his shit motorcycle?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-04-2020 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he's scheduled for a quadruple bypass next month...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-04-2020 05:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thoughts and prayers...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-04-2020 09:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I just finished ordering all the audio equipment for my bike. All I have left to get is some new bag lids that are modified for the speakers. I'm doing a 1000 watt (6) speaker system with a digital sound processor. Should be pretty awesome when it's finished.

Nothing makes me cringe harder than a gray haired dude on a harley riding by me blasting 80's rock on his motorbike... I use earphones... I don't need everyone to know I listen to zeppelin.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-04-2020 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fortunately for me you'd probably have way more gray hair than I do, if you had hair. :D

BTW, I usually listen to Hop Hip and Rock from the 90's up to today. ;)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-04-2020 06:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
he's scheduled for a quadruple bypass next month...

Sets of 65 lbs dumbbells shoulder press tonight. Scared?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-04-2020 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol cardiac patients have no upper body strength... :olo: ...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 08:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Hop Hip

How do you do fellow kids?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bet gwamps revs his bike extra hard when he sees a group of pubescent schoolgirls walking on the sidewalk.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 11:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Fortunately for me you'd probably have way more gray hair than I do, if you had hair. :D

I take that back, I'd cringe even harder seeing some old white dude blasting Dr Dre on his Harley.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

Hop Hip

How do you do fellow kids?

Gwamps got his lessons in cool watching Kangaroo Jack :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I take that back, I'd cringe even harder seeing some old white dude blasting Dr Dre on his Harley.

But you look older than I do, so there's that.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-05-2020 09:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Κracus wrote:

Sick burn, bro

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-06-2020 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Sick burn, bro

Obsess much?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-07-2020 05:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Κracus wrote:

Except I don't... I can also prove this.

1. I don't live in Florida, everyone in florida looks old. You can thank the sun.
2. I don't ride a harley, everyone riding a harley looks old.
3. I'm actually younger. I'm just assuming I am because you look older than me and have kids old enough to drive.
4. I can actually see that I'm younger in your photos vs mine. You're obviously suffering from ocular degeneration to think otherwise, or dementia... or both. Probably both.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-07-2020 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Pathetic nonsense

I'm in better shape than you. Because you're scrawny.

I'm better looking and have hair. Because you're bald.

You're also a pathetic liar. Because of previous post.

Tell yourself whatever you need. It's probably just another lie anyway.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-07-2020 08:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It’s like 1999 in here

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-07-2020 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I win again... Next...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-08-2020 04:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All the parts are here with the exception of the new saddle bag lids.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-09-2020 07:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where's the coolio cd?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-09-2020 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check your anus.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-09-2020 10:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I am currently homeless

I am hoping for this to be rectified this week...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-09-2020 10:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
I am currently homeless

I am hoping for this to be rectified this week...

That was posted 11-22-2019 so where have you been? Rental I guess. Moving far? I recall comment re a long commute...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.