Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-09-2018 09:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually, the whole 70's styled motorbike is becoming hot again. Just look at these ones:
2018 Kawasaki z900rs:

Honda CB1100:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-10-2018 12:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The new BMWs look lovely. Would buy.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-10-2018 05:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

God forbid it's a GS though. Too many of those on the road already. And far too few of them actually get to see off-road dirt.
The BMW R NineT is pretty cool though. Or are we aiming for the HP4 here?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-10-2018 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't like it.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-10-2018 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like mine better. :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-10-2018 11:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bad taste is a taste too :p

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-11-2018 04:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2 of my 3 babies. The green one is the most fun.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-11-2018 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holes are getting cut in to the plasterboard ceiling today for easier access to those butterfly/flow control valves that are being replaced. I mentioned last page.

The old valve left is the original plastic model where 'motors' have failed in 3 out of 4. New replacements are of are metal construction.

Everything is wrapped in plastic to hopefully save the dust. We wait....

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-11-2018 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I like mine better. :D

And I like mine even better than that. ;)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-11-2018 07:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nearly all done save a little clean up. Seemed an easy job and just over 2 hours thus far..

Plasterer tomorrow and some painting later in the week and we're done.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-11-2018 08:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge (the moron) just owned Gramps...I hope Gramps will be okay...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-11-2018 11:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:smirk: :smirk: Just before final fit off the A/C technician on testing the circuits for the zoned A/C discovered 2 more of these flow control valves. Although they appear to be working, while we have the trades here, we've decided to replace them as well. Another hole to be cut so I needed to delay the plasterer an hour or so while we cut another hole for ease of access in the kitchen ceiling in the morning. I am going to sleep tight tonight :D

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-12-2018 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:

Looks like a breakout. I really like the breakouts and have considered getting a 114. But all of the ones I've seen have too much chrome. I want one that's more/all blacked out.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-12-2018 09:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those mirrors are badass

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-12-2018 10:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just bringing back to none gay bikes...

Finished building it up, just needs a few more things and summer to fucking start.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-12-2018 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not a fan of bikes that try to be too many things at once

otherwise, great

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-12-2018 11:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never thought I'd get a CX but it's got all the characteristics of a road bike and you can hammer it down a dirt track. Now that I live on the edge of the Shropshire hills and Welsh border, I can't wait for summer.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-12-2018 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bicycles are for kids and morons with man boobs...

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-12-2018 08:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Scourge wrote:

Looks like a breakout. I really like the breakouts and have considered getting a 114. But all of the ones I've seen have too much chrome. I want one that's more/all blacked out.

It is. And you can always powder coat or replace the chrome with black parts.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-12-2018 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A/C technician earlier today finished replacing 6 of these flow control/damper devices and did a pretty good job IMO given the task..

The painter then turned up on queue at 8am (A/C here at 7am) and said he was just 'having a look' :eek: On doing so said the ceiling plaster repair was a bit too big a job for him to undertake. I thanked him for his honesty and said I'd call him after we get the repairs done. He is a good painter and has done great work for us before. Look, he could have give the plaster job a go I suppose and made a real mess or more likely taken 2 or 3 times as long so I would prefer an expert in the trade to attend. They'd have the skills and tools being 10 times better than me at the task.

I then called our regular building maintenance man and asked he recommend someone. He did and I called and it is happening tomorrow thank goodness.

** Appreciate that tradespeople here have been a scarce commodity in the last 12/24 months. If you do call one they are hard to pin down as there's lots of work about, both new build and renovation stuff happening hereabouts :( :smirk: My luck I suppose. Thankfully I do see and end to all the works and soon. The last drama will be recovering out 2 and 3 seat lounge pieces and while we're on a holiday :D

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-13-2018 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:

Oh, I understand that. But I'd rather get something closer to what I want rather than going through the cost and hassle of tearing the bike apart to powder coat.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-13-2018 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I was getting a Harley it'd be a 48. The sound those make is so fun. I rode a few of them last year on a test run, one of them being a 48. Felt so weird coming from sports bikes and dirt bikes.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-13-2018 07:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If anything in that style, I'd go for the Bobber

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-13-2018 07:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah the 48 has a very bobberish style. The sound that engine makes though is something special, not for everyone but it sounds like a bag of nuts and bolts being tossed around. One of those things that sound terrible at first but grows on you after a quick ride. It'd be terrible on any kind of long run but if you're cruising through town to go to a pub it's perfect.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-13-2018 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really like the look of the 48 and other 883/1200s. But they are all just too small.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-16-2018 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
2 of my 3 babies. The green one is the most fun.

Haven't been on a dirt bike in many years. They were always a lot of fun.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-16-2018 08:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Scourge wrote:

Oh, I understand that. But I'd rather get something closer to what I want rather than going through the cost and hassle of tearing the bike apart to powder coat.

Nothing wrong with that. That's partly why I chose mine. I don't want one all chromed out, or all black. I prefer a mix of the two. At some point I may repaint the tins to something other than black, but that's down the road. The styling was my main attraction, which I'm sure was the same with your Fatboy. The only things I really needed to change was the handlebar height and mirrors. Aftermarket mirrors and spacers on the bars and I'm all good, although I may opt for mini apes at some point.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-16-2018 09:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I really like the look of the 48 and other 883/1200s. But they are all just too small.

Although not really my style, I have to agree, way too small.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-16-2018 09:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Those mirrors are badass

Way better than stock which I couldn't see past my shoulders.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did a 300+ mile round trip ride yesterday to Daytona Beach (last day of bike week). The new seat worked out great. Truly a night and a day difference, and worth every penny.

A few pic from Destination Daytona...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Must have some cohones to ride in a vertical oval like that

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-19-2018 06:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh... It's probably just a slow buildup to that. I didn't start off scraping the pegs on the ground but built up to it and when I do it now it doesn't scare me to go that low. Nowadays I pull the peg up with my foot to avoid scraping and go lower.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-24-2018 05:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
.......... I think I have fallen into the Lego Trains portal.... in buying my railway first 'set' :smirk:

The bug bit and I just bought another 'set' heavily discounted from Toys 'R' Us after buying some extra straight track pieces and four points/switches to complement the first set. It's the LEGO City Cargo Train 60052.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-24-2018 11:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea I have been eyeing that one for a while now.
Together with the.bullet train .

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-09-2018 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Road in the Police Athletic League charity ride this past weekend.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.