Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-01-2014 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quit PMing me Geoff, I don't want you to suck my dick.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
What is new in my little world?

We are off to New Zealand next weekend for 3 weeks playing the tourist.

Don't fret if I am away a while :olo:

Hello Foo :D

that sounds pretty cool post some highlight pics!

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 09:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

I guess I hit pm instead of quote...meh... Fuck u...

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 10:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Goodbye Africa, boarding my flight to Toronto now.
see ya later, call me when you need me again.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now that is news axbaby.
I recon you should write a book or at least some memoirs on Africa :idea:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 03:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

I guess I hit pm instead of quote...meh... Fuck u...

Maybe you should get your eyes checked, old man.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 09-03-2014 01:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello Franfurt Airport, I hit McDonalds first thing.
Tim Hortons in Toroto Airport next stop tommorow at 7pm.
1am bus to job near ThunderBay ... gold hunting.

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 09-03-2014 05:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're taking the bus to Thunder Bay? Why not fly?

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 09-04-2014 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

going to White River ... save money. 2 hours away now.
bus has wifi ? go finger

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-04-2014 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby, I love the mention of McDonalds earlier after your African escape :up:
Like I suggested, write something soon.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-05-2014 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby plays Minecraft IRL [/showerthoughts]

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-05-2014 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What is new in my little world?

Off to New Zealand tomorrow (Sunday and Father's Day here) for 3 weeks so won't be posting for a while :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-01-2014 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guessed correctly, I am back from a grand holiday in New Zealand. Simply a beautiful country.

New in my little world: I am waiting on a parcel delivery. Christmas comes early to the good :rolleyes:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Off to Japan on Tuesday for the week.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome. Where you gonna be going? I've got a two week vacation planned for Japan in May...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 02:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tokyo then Matsumoto. There's one of the remaining samurai castles there I didn't bother visiting last time. I'm going to try and see if I can stay awake and take a look.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 02:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds cool.

Stay awake? They a bit of a bore?

We're planning on staying in Tokyo for the first week, making day trips out to different places. Then over to Kyoto for the remainder, making day trips from there as well. Do you know anything about the JR? Was wondering if I should just get a week long pass, using the high speed train from Tokyo to Kyoto...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:smirk: My parcel arrived with lots of packaging, those air filled plastic bag thingies.
Unwrapped it anyway and now I am trying to decide do I wait for Santa Claus :p

The new Lego Technic Model 42030 - VOLVO L350F WHEEL LOADER

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you ask the neighbourhood kids if they want to come to your house and play with your toys?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 07:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't share my toys!

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-05-2014 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol nice one that loader seems like i nice kit for sure i may get it for my son for his birthday in march. i got him the crane and my lady the grand prix racer on the last day of school this past june.

ive already got my son mindstorms3 and my littlelady cargo plane for christmas.

i have to admit tho i am getting a little tired of vehicles and construction stuff from technic, my son has been showing alot of the old kits like the plotter, and the code reader and the control center kits from the 90's . seems they were trying diff concepts back then.

i hope they make more diverse kits soon b4 my kids grow up, kits like robot arms/hand and faces, or maybe factory type machines or somesuch .

anyways enjoy the superkit whiskey i am sure its awesome it has 1 of every moter in there and its got the highest piececount ever (so my son tells me)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-05-2014 10:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Tokyo then Matsumoto. There's one of the remaining samurai castles there I didn't bother visiting last time. I'm going to try and see if I can stay awake and take a look.

You'd be better off getting tickets on the day from the JR office. Ask for English tickets and if you're one second late you've missed the train.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-06-2014 04:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duumbrain is having a conversation with himself.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 10-08-2014 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heading to New York this weekend

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-08-2014 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Heading to New York this weekend

Nice to hear from you saturn :)

Enjoy the escape (pun?)

Me, today we are having visitors, an old work mate who has recently retired. His New Zealand cruise was cancelled and he holidayed in our area, called last night and coming for lunch. I'm cooking :D

Risotto or creamy salmon pasta; then there's always a salad and a selection of cold meats. I am currently looking at the weather :smirk:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-08-2014 11:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, just to say the creamy salmon pasta won the day :up:
It was a light lunch with some beautiful New Zealand wine was to die for.
All the better shared with an old friend.
Magic.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-09-2014 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sounds nice, apart from the NZ wine. never fancied it myself

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-09-2014 10:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a chicken burrito for lunch.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-09-2014 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My Accountant is visiting this morning and doing my tax return. I might just then figure out if all my investments are working as they should and that I can give up the notion of having to return to work after enjoying my gap year that has stretched to two now :p

Hey seremtan, yea, never really got into NZ wine but compared to some of the cheap ones I drink, it is very nice. So much so I am considering it is a once in a while drop or for those special occasions.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-09-2014 10:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey, are you mentally fit enough to operate one of those newfangled smartphone devices them youngsters have these days?

If so, install the app "Vivino". It allows you to take a picture of a bottle of wine and it'll tell you what wine it is, where it's from, a rating, user reviews, dish recommendations, comparable wines, a price indication, shops near you that sell it and more. Really neat and good looking app.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 01:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vivino is nice :up:
It allows a lover of good wines that is unhindered by actual knowledge about the subject like myself to see what real winesnobs think of what i'm about to drink.

Noticed that the price indications can be really far off though, a result of people ordering wine in restaurants i think.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 04:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Whiskey, are you mentally fit enough to operate one of those newfangled smartphone devices them youngsters have these days?

If so, install the app "Vivino". It allows you to take a picture of a bottle of wine and it'll tell you what wine it is, where it's from, a rating, user reviews, dish recommendations, comparable wines, a price indication, shops near you that sell it and more. Really neat and good looking app.

I still wonder if I am mentally fit for a smartphone Eraser :smirk: Did think I'd start in the lower grades and get a tablet (Samsung Tab3 10.1"). I figure I am getting there soon enough.

My Accountant visit turned out OK because all the tax I did pay last financial year I will get back. I recon my gap year continues :D

Today and shortly we are christening a new BBQ at lunch. Not a big affair just the normal steak, sausages. salad and buns with your favourite beverage. Being lunch an icy beer is about to start calling me.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 09:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tablet.... Phone.... They just differ in size. And the app works on both.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Tablet.... Phone.... They just differ in size. And the app works on both.

I am not that old. I knew that much :rolleyes: :olo:

/ Fires up tablet and looks for 'Vivino' and finds no problem :up: so thanks Eraser.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-20-2014 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally connected up my Samsung tablet to my Samsung Smart TV :rolleyes: via a little adapter lead and it works. I have linked the two before via wireless on the home network but this 'mirroring' where I see the tablet screen on the TV seems neat :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.