Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-19-2019 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought a 2018 Golf R :D

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-19-2019 08:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those wheels are nice. :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-19-2019 08:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Those wheels are nice. :up:

They are a sporty little machine. A few about here and when they drive past they have quite an exhaust note :up:

@ToxicBug ... Looks like new so I ask. many miles/kilometres on the odometer?=

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-19-2019 11:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Kracus, take note

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-20-2019 12:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Looks very clean :up:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-20-2019 04:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

It's pretty clean in/out, 4500 miles.

I haven't done a lot of twisties yet but so far I like how it handles. It feels like it's a car that's easy to drive fast.

Just need to pick up some goodies to wake it up ;)

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-20-2019 07:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol poor ppl cars...

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-20-2019 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Lol poor ppl cars...

Can't afford an RS7 like you yet ;)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-21-2019 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is my kids car.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-21-2019 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
This is my kids car.

Nice! I love grey, very nice color!

What year? Any mods?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-21-2019 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's an 09. No engine mods, but the stereo system has been heavily modded. :cool:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-21-2019 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One hell of a sound system there :eek:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-21-2019 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
It's an 09. No engine mods, but the stereo system has been heavily modded. :cool:

LOL approved but watch out for his hearing ;)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-22-2019 12:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Picked up a QLED Q8 65”. Saying goodbye to the plasma tomorrow!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-22-2019 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Review please

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 07-22-2019 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rebuilt my PC. 9900k + 2080ti. Good times.
Heading to LA this week. Doing a thing for HTC. That'll be fun. Man this VR life is weird. Prague fell through, but like 3 other things fell into my lap so thats cool.

Shit, Everything works out I may be in canada working for mindspring soon. :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-22-2019 07:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Currently spending the week in Colorado...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-22-2019 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was in up-state NY visiting a friend 7-5 through 7-9.

Then in Las Vegas with the wife from 7-10 through 7-14

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-22-2019 10:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:arrow: YourGrandpa. Nice pictures.... Upstate NY to Las Vegas, that's some distance across the USA

Don Carlos wrote:
:arrow: Doombrain wrote:

Review please

:arrow: Plasma! Gawd, that is 'old tech' but I guess it isstill working. Where is the plasma going?
Oh, and your review with pics of course, of that new QLED will be appreciated here :D

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-23-2019 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

Kracus, take note

lol suuure.. I still have parts of my GTI... My 400whp STI would destroy a golf R anyway.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 07-23-2019 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Love that Golf R! Didn’t really like Golfs, till I bought a GTE. Really nice ride, traded in for a Tesla Model S now

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-23-2019 11:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I almost bought a tesla recently... I think it'll be my next car. How do you like yours?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-23-2019 02:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
I almost bought a tesla recently...

Of course you did...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-23-2019 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:arrow: SOAPboy, my fingers crossed for you in the new roles.

[On that PC rebuild, I thought you might have gone the RTX path. Your (VR) thoughts appreciated.
YouTube ~ RTX 2080 and 2080Ti cards bench marked

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-23-2019 06:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
lol suuure.. I still have parts of my GTI... My 400whp STI would destroy a golf R anyway.

Nice! That must be a fast car! What kind of mods do you have?

saturn wrote:
Love that Golf R! Didn’t really like Golfs, till I bought a GTE. Really nice ride, traded in for a Tesla Model S now

Sweet, which Model S?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 07-23-2019 10:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
:arrow: SOAPboy, my fingers crossed for you in the new roles.

[On that PC rebuild, I thought you might have gone the RTX path. Your (VR) thoughts appreciated.
YouTube ~ RTX 2080 and 2080Ti cards bench marked

Just playing games, Honestly, A standard 1080 is fine* unless you're looking to go HAM on the super sampling.

As far as 2080s are concerned, I have a team member whos build was "identical" minus shes running a 2080 and im on the 2080ti train. Offline, you cant tell a difference. We can both turn everything up to 11 and 500% super sampling. Its only when we're streaming AND we're using mixed reality and all kinds of shit that it matters, and even then, only when super sampling which none of us do live, we need the overhead.

To be totally honest, I really think the 2060 Supers and up would be fine for 90% of the normal VR user.

And thanks man. I'm really not even sure what I wanna do. HTC thing is going to be small for now, but could be a door to way more shit for my personal brands, so honestly I'm leaning that way. Traveling, hanging out, doing VR shit, sounds good to me. Oh well, Day at a time. Gonna just ride the wave and see what happens.

*Being clear here, Theres games that will 100% tax the shit out of a 1080 with things turned up, Just saying for like most people it'd be fine. And honestly some of the graphic settings that murder a card show really little difference in some games so yeah. Mileage may very.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-24-2019 02:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Nice! That must be a fast car! What kind of mods do have?

I'm not 100% sure, I may be talking out my ass a bit for a laugh. I know it has a turbo upgrade and a custom exhaust and it's been tuned. The car is pushing around 25psi on the turbo. I bought this car used and the dealer didn't have all the specifics. I know it was done at a shop in town here but I haven't owned it long enough to take it to the shop and ask. I was driving a 370Z prior and this feels much faster so it's for sure more than 350HP, the dealer claimed 400whp but I've yet to put it on a dyno.

That ssid I loved my VW before I got in the accident that totaled it. It had so many little things that made it handy and comfortable. I especially miss the telescopic center console that popped up as an arm rest... took me a year to find out ot did that.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-24-2019 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

Nice! That must be a fast car! What kind of mods do have?

I'm not 100% sure, I may be talking out my ass a bit for a laugh. I know it has a turbo upgrade and a custom exhaust and it's been tuned. The car is pushing around 25psi on the turbo. I bought this car used and the dealer didn't have all the specifics. I know it was done at a shop in town here but I haven't owned it long enough to take it to the shop and ask. I was driving a 370Z prior and this feels much faster so it's for sure more than 350HP, the dealer claimed 400whp but I've yet to put it on a dyno.

That ssid I loved my VW before I got in the accident that totaled it. It had so many little things that made it handy and comfortable. I especially miss the telescopic center console that popped up as an arm rest... took me a year to find out ot did that.

If it's a car with mystery mods, personally I'd have it looked at and preferably do a datalog. When I bought my Evo with mods I had to get it reflashed with a protune, the off-the-shelf Cobb stage 2 had a high ping count. Also the test pipe didn't fit well and got an exhaust leak, I had to replace it with with a different one. YMMV :)

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 07-24-2019 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[lvlshot][/lvlshot]
ToxicBug wrote:
Κracus wrote:

Nice! That must be a fast car! What kind of mods do you have?

saturn wrote:

Sweet, which Model S?

Standard 2018 Tesla Model S 75 D - but still 4,3 secs to 100 km/hr. Best car I ever had!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-24-2019 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Standard 2018 Tesla Model S 75 D - but still 4,3 secs to 100 km/hr. Best car I ever had!

They are fully electric not hybrid aren't they?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-24-2019 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ModelS 75D? Lol poor ppl...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-24-2019 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:arrow: SOAPboy. Thanks for the reply. I was considering an RTX card, updating my NVIDIA GeForce 980ti but have decided to wait and watch a little longer for any new developments. I was just mesmerized by those mirror reflections in that earlier post....Yes, found it... Posted: 01-28-2019 10:34 AM

PhoeniX wrote:
Unless I'm missing something this doesn't add that much? :shrug:

After seeing the Battlefield V ray tracing I think I'm spoiled. The marble effect looks great (4:02)

OT: Re: What is new in your little world?

Me, I have just booked tickets for The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo to be held in Sydney October 17 :D

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-27-2019 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seneca Rocks, West Virginia. Photo taken 3/4 of the way to the top.

Topping out on the summit, I'm standing on a ledge about 2 feet wide and I can look straight down on either side. There is no fixed hardware here so we had to climb it in "traditional" style carrying over 30 pounds of removable hardware, two 60 metre ropes, a few litres of water and some snacks. The leader would temporarily wedge the hardware into cracks and other features in the rock to protect against falls, the second person would then remove the hardware following the leader up. At the end of each pitch, we would meet each other at the anchors and trade gear for the next pitch.

Thunderstorms started rolling in shortly after hitting the summit, so we rappelled back down and got the heck out of there. The storm raged all night with a flash flood alert for the area. The road we needed to take to drive back home was completely washed out and we had to take an extra 2-hour detour.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 07-28-2019 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Seneca Rocks, West Virginia. Photo taken 3/4 of the way to the top.

Topping out on the summit, I'm standing on a ledge about 2 feet wide and I can look straight down on either side. There is no fixed hardware here so we had to climb it in "traditional" style carrying over 30 pounds of removable hardware, two 60 metre ropes, a few litres of water and some snacks. The leader would temporarily wedge the hardware into cracks and other features in the rock to protect against falls, the second person would then remove the hardware following the leader up. At the end of each pitch, we would meet each other at the anchors and trade gear for the next pitch.

Thunderstorms started rolling in shortly after hitting the summit, so we rappelled back down and got the heck out of there. The storm raged all night with a flash flood alert for the area. The road we needed to take to drive back home was completely washed out and we had to take an extra 2-hour detour.

That's wild dude!

It's only 200 miles from me. Do you live around here?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-28-2019 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow the Minecraft 2 alpha is looking sweet :) :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.