Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-17-2019 02:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just left the Grand Canyon (North Rim) and now in Vegas. That big hole in the ground is really amazing. If you haven’t seen it, you should...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-17-2019 06:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We talking about geoff's "lake"?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-18-2019 03:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Certainly not about his swimming pool. That's neither big nor in the ground.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-18-2019 07:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-18-2019 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

His BBQ pit makes up for it

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-18-2019 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol that's pretty ingenious in a ghetto kind of way

should have lined the inside with foil though as a reflector

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-18-2019 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How well does the trolley conduct heat? Might just end up becoming a burning hot metal cage around your meat.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-27-2019 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a ride up the east coast to Myrtle Beach for their fall bike week, then west to Asheville where I plan to visit Grandfather Mountain and ride the Tail of the Dragon. Should be around a 2,000 mile trip. I've already got my Hotel Booked on the beach for tomorrow and Sunday night. First day's ride is going to around 600 miles. Should be fun.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-28-2019 04:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Careful man. Tail of the Dragon has some bends in it.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-04-2019 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some shots from my ride through Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee.

Jacksonville, Florida

Myrtle Beach, SC

Blue Ridge Parkway, NC

Tail of the Dragon, NC/TN

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 10-05-2019 07:35 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-04-2019 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really enjoy you bike ride pictures YourGrandpa :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-04-2019 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't you have a wife and kids? Did they come with you? If not *calls CPS*...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-04-2019 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for posting pics, they look like you saw some awesome stuff and had a great time.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks Whiskey and sCII.

Geoff my son is 18, has school and works. However, I make time every year to do a week long trip with just the two of us. My wife and I also do at least one week long trip a year with many little weekend/holiday vacations sprinkled in. But since I have more vacation time from work, I take trips like this to indulge my joy of travel and riding.

Here's a couple more "professionally" taken photos of me riding the Tail of the Dragon.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 07:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also had to get my rear bumper repaired and painted (someone backed into me in a parking lot). So I had them repaint the front bumper (chips from road debris) and the calipers too. It turned out really good.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 08:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Thanks Whiskey and sCII.

Geoff my son is 18, has school and works. However, I make time every year to do a week long trip with just the two of us. My wife and I also do at least one week long trip a year with many little weekend/holiday vacations sprinkled in. But since I have more vacation time from work, I take trips like this to indulge my joy of travel and riding.

Here's a couple more "professionally" taken photos of me riding the Tail of the Dragon.

I can hear the pegs scrape by just looking at those pictures

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, my floorboards took a beating.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 12:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like fun.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, I did a group charity ride back in September and some idiot on a cruiser oversteered on the most gentle turn and went right into a ditch, destroyed the bike. Most people on cruisers have zero riding skill, it's hilarious.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Yeah, my floorboards took a beating.

Sparks fly I guess too?

YourGrandpa wrote:

Sounds like the life. Hey, nothing wrong with indulging yourself. I'd do same given the opportunity.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 04:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Thanks Whiskey and sCII.

Holy fuck, you’re a boring cunt...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-05-2019 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Sparks fly I guess too?

So I've been told.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-06-2019 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am taking a short road trip to Sydney next week and attending The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo show, the major (pun) reason for the visit :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-06-2019 09:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can you give just a general idea or what to expect there? If necessary, just send me a private message.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 12:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus Christ, Whiskey, I was only joking :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
lol, I did a group charity ride back in September and some idiot on a cruiser oversteered on the most gentle turn and went right into a ditch, destroyed the bike. Most people on cruisers have zero riding skill, it's hilarious.

I ride with a group fairly often and we had one fellow on a cruiser join us once. He drove into a guardrail trying to keep up with us... I have seen some talented individuals driving cruisers though but I suspect most people that are drawn to cruisers aren't necessarily the types to learn more advanced riding techniques.

I too have scraped pegs on the ground but I've done it on a sports bike that has higher peg locations. That said, I still haven't scraped the pegs on my Z900 and I have no chicken strips on my tire so I guess that probably won't be happening on this bike.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's just it, they never learned properly because "learnin's for fags!". It's only a matter of time before the average blockheaded Harley rider gets his skull bandana and chrome radio filled with dirt and leaves :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 09:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Depends on the rider. Every bike segment has its share of assholes.

Harley Rider - Stuck up.
Sports bike - wanna be racers
dirt bikes - hooligans on the streets
mopeds - people that want to look gay.

You get the idea... I may get a cruiser some day, and that day will be when I'm unable to get my leg over a sports bike.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

I am a helpful soul generally and you seemed so sincere. My mistake.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 12:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Eraser wrote:

I am a helpful soul generally and you seemed so sincere. My mistake.

Don't sweat it. It's just that I thought the italics use in the words "general" and "private" were enough to emphasize the puns I was trying to make :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 01:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh wow, look at Mazda and Kracus being tough bikers.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 01:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Don't sweat it. It's just that I thought the italics use in the words "general" and "private" were enough to emphasize the puns I was trying to make :)

No sweat here :D

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Have I hurt you? :tear:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-07-2019 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

I suppose some people struggle with the concept, "different strokes for different folks". Basing a person's skill level on the type/style of bike they ride is ridiculous. Every class/style of bike serves a purpose for the rider. Not everyone needs/wants the riding experience of a sport bike. Just like some people find cruisers bulky and slow. We're all in the wind for a reason and every style/class of rider has it's fair share of morons.

Though I can tell you, the Tail of the Dragon would have been easier and more fun to ride on a sport bike. Because there's not much lean in my bike.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-08-2019 04:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People need better reading comprehension. I litterally said it depends on the rider and proceeded to list various assholes from different groups. I guess Eraser must feel like he's Valentino Rossi's successor.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.