Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-13-2017 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice photos. But next time please downsize them, especially for those of us on mobile.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-14-2017 03:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#neverhappy

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-14-2017 11:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
Got engaged last night!
k back to your regular programming.

Congrats sir :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-14-2017 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

congrats greeko :up:

countdown to plate smashing begins

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 09:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turned in my resignation today. 14 years coming to an end. On to bigger an better things.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-15-2017 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Turned in my resignation today. 14 years coming to an end. On to bigger an better things.

Nice, so are we talking retirement or a new employment opportunity YourGrandpa?

Me, well I have marked on my wall calendar, and yep, I'm that old I still use one :smirk: ) that I retired 5 years ago next week :eek: All I can say is that the 5 years went by so fast it is scary.....

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 07:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wish it were retirement. Same job, better company and more money.

I hated to leave, but I really had no other choice. The company has been struggling for years. Instead of investing in technology and the company's infrastructure to make the company better. They kept making cut-backs and delegating that work to the remaining employees. There's just not enough time in the day to do all the work that needs to be done, no matter how much overtime you work (and salary positions don't get paid for over time). Which leaves you in a constant state of panic/emergency to get what has to be done, done. Of course that leads to mounting mistakes which cost the company countless time and money. It's a never ending battle on a downward spiral. I am currently 1 of 3 remaining office/management staff (1 is the owner). I really don't know how/if they're going to be able to continue when I leave. Even though I feel bad for the company, I have to do what's best for my family and myself. I have offered to stay an additional month to train my replacement. But I really can't see anyone wanting to take this job for what they're going to pay.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

I hated to leave, but I really had no other choice. The company has been struggling for years. Instead of investing in technology and the company's infrastructure to make the company better. They kept making cut-backs and delegating that work to the remaining employees. There's just not enough time in the day to do all the work that needs to be done, no matter how much overtime you work (and salary positions don't get paid for over time). Which leaves you in a constant state of panic/emergency to get what has to be done, done. Of course that leads to mounting mistakes which cost the company countless time and money. It's a never ending battle on a downward spiral. I am currently 1 of 3 remaining office/management staff (1 is the owner). I really don't know how/if they're going to be able to continue when I leave. Even though I feel bad for the company, I have to do what's best for my family and myself. I have offered to stay an additional month to train my replacement. But I really can't see anyone wanting to take this job for what they're going to pay.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 11:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Cool story homo...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 11:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really don't know how/if they're going to be able to continue when I leave :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You've never been that important. Understandable.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not like we've heard that line from administrators before :smirk:

"They'll be lost without me !"

2 weeks later

"Remember that guy with the lego face and light up bike ?"

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Like you've ever had a clue.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A clue about people making the claims you made ?, I think weve all heard them.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But you know nothing about my situation and are making assumptions.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Thanks for sharing YourGrandpa. I understand the predicament completely. Some reading would have already experienced (or will experience) the same situation. Overloading a diminishing staff, them suffering excessive O/T to make ends meet is never a good thing. You'll be much better off leaving, clean slate and all :up:

Captain Mazda thanks for the mention of the Flesch-Kincaid test. I'd forgotten all about that.
{Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 7.4}

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 02:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

You've managed to provide enough for our assumptions to be correct, Mr Worked for a tiny company.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2017 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That made absolutely no sense.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 03:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

second in command of 13 electricians...

12 electricians...

10 electricians...

7 electricians...

company downsizing is a red flag. so is getting paid later and later each month. time to bail!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I never had a problem getting paid and the manpower in the field always fluctuated with the amount of work. However, the management and administrative support staff kept dwindling and was never replaced.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

I'm sure they'll have a Gwamps mural in the office :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheer up CHUMP, maybe some day you'll be worth more than just shit on a shoe.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 11:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get over yerself, Obs can give you some tips on scaling a massive block :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

Hard to find enough clay for the head :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

A few self help videos might help you feel better about yourself.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Cheer up CHUMP, maybe some day you'll be worth more than just shit on a shoe.

I haven't laughed so well in a while :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

A few self help videos might help you feel better about yourself.

Atleast it'll just be a video and not an office mural.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

Hard to find enough clay for the head :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Atleast it'll just be a video and not an office mural.

A swing and a miss... Throw in a few comedy videos while you're at it. Confidence and funny go hand in hand.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Confidence and funny go hand in hand?, I can see why you struggle.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 01:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The rubber glue bit is lit bro. :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why you lighting rubber glue ?, just huff it from the bottle.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 01:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Melt them all down and you might have enough for gwamps' trademark hollow cranium.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Why you lighting rubber glue ?, just huff it from the bottle.

Stick with the memes.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-17-2017 07:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My memes are dank but you can't huff them

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.