Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 05:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't know this was a competition to be "won"... Myopic? I was right on the money, ya dope. Even Shaft agreed.

And talk about not moving on. Why are you even here extending the conversion? No one said anything to you. At least I had relevant input. All you've done is bitch. Haven't you noticed all of the other dipshits fucking off? There's good reason.

Just admit I'm right, son. It's okay.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would you prefer I phrased it as Whisk was right ?.

You said he overpaid (he didn't as he's told you more than once)
You said to perform the job himself (which he told you would be illegal more than once)
and then when he said he didn't get a small cheap HWS you said his tank was too big (which he told you why that is)

As some side points you're still unaware of his current/future living arrangements, what water appliances he uses (dishwasher / washing machine), wether the system needed repositioning, how much work was required for adaptation or if any further fixtures and fittings were required.

You want a pat on the back cos you guessed he was getting a HWS after telling you he got a HWS ?, or repeating yourself so that others can do the same ?.

If you could extract your head from your ass you might be able to see the forest through the trees.

So like I said, quiet now.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey was right about what? What he did? Well of course. He did exactly what he said he did.

Whiskey said he purchased and had a contractor install a 315 L electric WH for his apartment and spent $2K doing so.

I suggested he paid too much for an electric, tank based water heating "system".

Everyone jumped on (including your dumb ass) claiming I didn't know what I was talking about. When in fact, I hit it square on your pointed head.

I offered up the notion he could have installed it himself to save money. He explained why he didn't. No one wrong there. Though it is a simple install as Shaft confirmed.

Whiskey's explanation of cost was based on personal preference and speculation. A simple internet search will tell you a 315 L WH is recommended for a 5 or more person household. Not an apartment. And common sense tells you $1,300.00 is too much for 2 hours of work. So I'm right there too.

Look doofus, you can't "win" this one. If anyone should bugger off it's you. :olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 06:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also suggested that he used a water tank, an assumption others made too but here you are repeating yourself, after moving the goalposts about a situation/install you know nothing about :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 07:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So you lose. :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't wait for you to continue your stupidity when Whiskey tells us he lives in an 1600 sqft 2/2 apartment. :olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 07:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even then you know nothing of his living arrangements, but, I didn't know this was a competition to be 'won' ;)

Now we've cleared up your myopic confusion you can now be quiet x

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 07:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, all cleared up. You were wrong and I was right. If right = win and wrong = lose. I win an you lose. ;)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 07:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess connections between neurons can't navigate corners :(

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 07:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit. I haven’t read any of this, but that is a lot of effort for something so insignificant...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am sorry I shared :smirk: and ask combatants to retire from the field please.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I guess connections between neurons can't navigate corners :(

I know. You're clearly having a difficult time understanding you're wrong.

NeuroWNt :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

How big is your apartment Whiskey?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Size wasn't a factor in my decision as I said I replace 'like for like' but as you ask 295sqM.

I ask in return, what brand of motorcycle do you ride and how big is the engine?

YourGrandpa, get my drift? Obviously there is no need to continue, to do so just stupid.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh fuck he's gonna answer that.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Oh fuck he's gonna answer that.

Best laugh all day and it is getting late here :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a 50gal (189 litres) in my house with 6 people and I don't think we have ever run out of hot water.

Cant really argue about local laws and price. Feel bad he has to pay that much for such a simple job.

Whiskey shouldn't have brought it up if he didn't want to discuss it. Lets be honest. Its been 18yrs and we will argue about anything at this point.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 08:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Holy shit. I haven’t read any of this, but that is a lot of effort for something so insignificant...

Hi, welcome to Quake3World.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
I have a 50gal (189 litres) in my house with 6 people and I don't think we have ever run out of hot water.

Cant really argue about local laws and price. Feel bad he has to pay that much for such a simple job.

Whiskey shouldn't have brought it up if he didn't want to discuss it. Lets be honest. Its been 18yrs and we will argue about anything at this point.

Sad some here need to argue :tear: I for one, like to hear like the topic says, what is new in your little world?

Some here say they're travelling to other countries, buying cars, starting new jobs and popping out children etc. and that's nice. I find it interesting in voyeur so of way :D I guess and I really don't see the point of an inquisition.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 09:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You started by giving every minute detail and complaining about the cost. You could've just said "I bought a new hot water system". You opened it up for discussion.
There aren't any rules in this thread about status updates only.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 09:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also, in the spirit of the thread...

I rented a scaffold and spent the day working on an 18ft ceiling in my house. Like Michelangelo with the Sistine.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 09:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh oh oh! I got a good one! I bought a new Android based phone. Let the arguing commence! :Dl

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 10:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you didn't buy [BRAND I USE] you're a [SOPHOMORIC GENITALIA REFERENCE]!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
You started by giving every minute detail and complaining about the cost. ......... aren't any rules in this thread about status updates only.

My apology if I was misunderstood my own topic discussion. I didn't think I needed to set rules.... I just advised what was new in my world. I really didn't expect to be grilled about my actions and truly don't believe for a minute I was complaining about the cost.... Wait....Here it is..

Whiskey 7 wrote:
.........HWS cost me $2K today. Plumbers and electricians are expensive (the hot water system was about $1K). Oh well, it won't have to be done again for years (hot water system capacity 315 litre )and having a 13 year lifespan doesn't see too bad I suppose.

1. It seems stuff, products and services are more expensive here.... See end of this post!!

2. I have no complaint as I've said I paid the going rate and offered .......

Whiskey 7 wrote:
......... I paid the going rate here. I know .......supporting evidence I will advise that (a classmate) recently had his hot water system (heater) replaced for near $3K. ........

Here you go from a local paper today :smirk:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 11:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

I rented a scaffold and spent the day working on an 18ft ceiling in my house. Like Michelangelo with the Sistine.

and shaft, was it a Michelangelo or just plain white ceiling paint or did you paint a star field as I might have ?

I mention star field because my Dad (R.I.P. 31 May 2017) :tear: actually constructed/formed then painted a curved ceiling 12 feet up in an old Queenslander house 20 years ago :eek: I wish I had taken pictures....

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-24-2018 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank God Memph got deleted, all the shitposting disappeared overnight.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

Well here’s the deal...Gramps is a know-it-all. Similar to Kracus, but more annoying. He’s a “contractor”. And any time there’s a post even remotely related to construction, his giant melon starts to salivate. He’s that guy at a party that everyone can’t stand to be around because he always has to give his “expert” opinion. But in reality, guys like him are a dime a dozen. And his “knowledge” could be condensed down into a few short YouTube videos...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 04:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

Oh god, please stop. You’re feeding it...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 05:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

Size wasn't a factor in my decision as I said I replace 'like for like' but as you ask 295sqM.

I ask in return, what brand of motorcycle do you ride and how big is the engine?

YourGrandpa, get my drift? Obviously there is no need to continue, to do so just stupid.

That's a pretty big apartment. However a 315 L system would still be considered over-sized. Like Shaft, I have a 50 gallon unit as well and never run out of hot water.

Not considering the size is naive (much like comparing the luxury purchase of a motorcycle to the necessity purchase of a water heater). Which is my point to half of this discussion. Size should have been the FIRST thing you considered. Because it affects your up front cost and your future energy costs.

I believe you when you say you weren't "complaining" about the cost. Based on your posts here, you seem like a pretty thrifty guy. I believe you were actually boasting because you thought you got a good deal (your friend paid $3K for something similar). Unfortunately, it seems to me your "deal" wasn't a deal at all. You were over sold on the equipment, at the very least. I also think you were overcharged for the labor.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

yeah you can really feel the difference

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 08:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought plane tickets for the week of Easter to Las Vegas, Nevada - not that I'll be staying in that shit hole... it's just the closest airport to Red Rock Canyon. I'll have a few days of climbing up stuff like this:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-25-2018 08:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome :up:

Vegas is a regular hub for me as well. You driving through the Mojave on the way there? Or going by Death Valley? Both are equally cool...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-26-2018 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

yeah you can really feel the difference

It's almost like someone didn't have a personal beef :smirk:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-26-2018 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Vegas is a regular hub for me as well. You driving through the Mojave on the way there? Or going by Death Valley? Both are equally cool...

Its interesting hearing people talk about Vegas. People get so excited, and have stories, like its some special ass place.

Born and raised. Its pretty boring when you live there.

Central LV 702 represent :D

obsidian wrote:
Bought plane tickets for the week of Easter to Las Vegas, Nevada - not that I'll be staying in that shit hole... it's just the closest airport to Red Rock Canyon. I'll have a few days of climbing up stuff like this:

Good, Fuck vegas man. Your trip sounds like a good ass time. Get some pics, and dont forget your gopro!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-26-2018 12:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
xer0s wrote:

Its interesting hearing people talk about Vegas. People get so excited, and have stories, like its some special ass place.

Born and raised. Its pretty boring when you live there.

Central LV 702 represent :D

Yeah, I never said I enjoy Vegas. In fact, I’ve express my dislike for it on here before...

When I say “hub”, I mean it’s an easy/cheap place to get to, with close access to Parks and shit...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.