Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-01-2018 08:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just Lightworks free, it seems the best of a bad bunch

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-07-2018 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got back from my father/son Philly, NYC, Atlantic City and Baltimore trip yesterday. I got some good GoPro footage. So I hope to have some edited and posted soon. I use Cyberlink Power Director for video editing. It's a pretty solid program with lots of cool tools and free community developed modules.

Today was my last day of vacation, so I decided to take a little 120 mile (round trip) ride south. Here are some pics from today.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-07-2018 08:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Off to Finland tomorrow with a stop in Paris, then Cuba again in late October :clownboat:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-07-2018 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In under 2 weeks, I’ll be headed to Canmore/Banff for two weeks of climbing and outdoor stuff.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-17-2018 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tomorrow, I'll be somewhere here:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-17-2018 04:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice :eek:

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-18-2018 08:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Tomorrow, I'll be somewhere here:

May I ask where this is? Seems like northern Europe?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-18-2018 08:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some shots of the Atlantic City part of our tip this summer.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-18-2018 08:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks awesome

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-18-2018 12:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice pics. Somehow the first one looks like it could've been taken here in the Netherlands. Mostly due to the overabundance of grass, the flatness and the cloudy skies I guess :)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-18-2018 12:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks. The first photo was taken as we were coming into AC on the Amtrak. AC is obviously a coastal city and it seemed like we crossed a substantial amount of undeveloped wet land as we approached. I'm sure cost to improve ground conditions/density is what has prevented construction in this area.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-18-2018 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gorgeous pictures for sure. Lucky for us, it is a beautiful world we live in.

Re: What is new in your little world? I just spent hours investigating a WLAN driver issue on my Wife's PC.

** I discovered that Windows updates now includes drivers; mine somehow failed. I couldn't roll back the driver for the old adapter but eventually got the one I hope. Anyway the wireless connection is back, fingers crossed.

On another note and re my weigh loss, I am approaching my goal weight having lost 11.9 kgs to date. According the the 'plan' I have 3kg to go but I will take it a little further to 80kgs to give me a little bandwidth :olo: Lately I am really noticing my curves disappearing and my clothes getting larger :eek:

** Here is the item

Quote:
By default, Windows 10 will automatically download and install drivers in Windows Update when they are available.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, there's a new policy included that you can use to enable or disable to include drivers with Windows updates. This can be handy if you prefer to download and install your drivers from the device manufacturer instead.

Source - Windows 10 Forum item

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-18-2018 11:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

UPDATE: That WLAN driver issue resolved :)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-19-2018 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A little 250+ mile ride today.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 01:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A group ride can actually look like fun when your roads aren't all drawn in with a ruler:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 05:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I get what you're saying. But we have zero control over the type of roads the local municipalities have constructed. We typically pick a destination, one we've never/rarely been to and ride. The roads to get there, are the road to get there. Though we do usually choose to stay off the main highways and take the "back roads", we still can't put curves in them. We don't purposely pick straight roads or avoid roads with lots of turns. Florida is flat and widely developed in modern times. There was nothing to build around and the roads are designed to get you from point A to point B as quickly as possible. We simply don't have that many curvy roads to choose from. That being said, there was thhis one really nice stretch of road that had quite a few S turns. When we came in it was freshly wet from the rain. So we had to take it slow. However, on the way back it was dry and we all had some fun riding the curves. But as luck would have it, the GoPro on my helmet didn't cycle off from the previous recording. So when I pressed the button to start recording, it actually stopped and didn't get the footage. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I got home and started going through the videos. Oh well, maybe next time. :disgust:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 09:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh that's a shame.
One thing I wonder about is whenever you go riding, you seem to go on pretty long rides. The longest ride I did was a little over 350km (about 220 miles) and about 50% of that was highway (either 60mph or 80mph roads). That took an entire day. That included a few stops, including lunch.
The ride I posted the video of was about 150km (95mi) and took an entire afternoon. Granted, my most enjoyable rides are on 60kmh (37mph) or 80kmh (50mph) roads, so I don't cover a whole lot of distance on those.
A 250 mile ride sounds like it's either a very long ride or mostly highway?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A bit of both more likely. I too tend to keep it below 300 km's when I go for a long run and that too takes a while. My longest so far though is a 1200km trip in a day. My butt was sore...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Most of our rides never include interstate highways. We stick to state roads or surface streets (usually 4 lanes or less) with speed limits between 45 and 65 mph. This last ride our average speed was probably 60 mph. But I'm sure the straight/flat roads allow us to cover a lot of ground quick. This 250+ mile ride started at 10:30 am and we were back by 5:00 pm. That includes stops for breaks/rain and lunch. Our planned rides are typically between 150 and 250 miles. The weekend before last's ride went to Key Largo (400 miles round trip). I didn't go because it was supposed to rain for several hours straight late in the day, and rain it did. It rained on them for nearly 200 miles. No thanks...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

was wondering how come my friend wasn't returning my phone calls, he died 3h ago :tear:

fml

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

eh? that sucks bro. what happened?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

he was 74, the only smart person to talk to these days.

i've been doing grocery/banking for him for the past 2 years, my last run was 2 weeks ago when he stopped replying, i went by his place a week ago (friday)and heard company so i didn't bother him as that was our arrangement and that person also got his weekend stuff so i knew he was ok. I kept on calling until today, i called the manager and told them to check, so they went and found body lying between chair/tv with a movie he was about to watch. Apparent heart attack and might have been dead for 2 hours when he was discovered at around 3pm. Now i blame myself for not looking through his mail slot :( i would have seen this much earlier.

FML

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My longest ride so far was around 300 miles and it took about 5 hours with fuel stops and lunch. Wasn't bad at all, could have kept going with no problems. If I was by myself, I probably could have made in 4.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-20-2018 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
seremtan wrote:

he was 74, the only smart person to talk to these days.

i've been doing grocery/banking for him for the past 2 years, my last run was 2 weeks ago when he stopped replying, i went by his place a week ago (friday)and heard company so i didn't bother him as that was our arrangement and that person also got his weekend stuff so i knew he was ok. I kept on calling until today, i called the manager and told them to check, so they went and found body lying between chair/tv with a movie he was about to watch. Apparent heart attack and might have been dead for 2 hours when he was discovered at around 3pm. Now i blame myself for not looking through his mail slot :( i would have seen this much earlier.

FML

Don't blame yourself SoM as it can happen anywhere anytime. Remember that you were doing 'the right thing' for past 2 years and that he would have appreciated your actions.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-21-2018 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol that guy died...

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-21-2018 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So did 50% of your testicles.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-29-2018 11:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re my weigh loss journey, I am now 83.5kg and feeling great. I just put on a new shirt bought about 2 years ago that seemed to shrink before I got to wear it. It hadn't even been washed, I'd gained kilos. Now it fits :)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here are a few shots from Philly.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Number 5 & 6 would you give some details please? Fortress and a Prison?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Historic Prison where Al Capone was jailed.

https://www.easternstate.org/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2018 07:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Historic Prison where Al Capone was jailed.

https://www.easternstate.org/

Thanks YourGrandpa. Certainly looks interesting.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-04-2018 03:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I went to NYC again on my bike. I took 0 pictures cause that's how I roll.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-05-2018 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here are a few pics from our trip to NYC.

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 09-05-2018 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice pics gramps!

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 09-05-2018 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Here are a few pics from our trip to NYC.

Trying to figure out what the structure in the second photo will look like after completion.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.