Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-10-2017 04:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pylon = power tower

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-10-2017 05:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The gender bender.

Bend it 'till it snaps off

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-10-2017 05:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-10-2017 06:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bite my shiny metal ass!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-10-2017 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
pylon = power tower

Ah yes, I make the connection but are we talking wind turbine of high voltage power transmission towers?

Image Image

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-10-2017 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the one on the left

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-11-2017 08:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re Topic: What is new in your little world?

Me, been too long and I though to play some TF2.

I discovered my USB headset didn't work but it did in all other Steam games so go figure.. Anyway I hooked up some spare USB powered speakers and had a run about so of the new maps :eek: :eek: Have you seen them?

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Re Topic: What is new in your little world?

Me, been too long and I though to play some TF2.

I discovered my USB headset didn't work but it did in all other Steam games so go figure.. Anyway I hooked up some spare USB powered speakers and had a run about so of the new maps :eek: :eek: Have you seen them?

I played a bit when the latest big patch came out. It was pretty enjoyable.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 01:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm playing at the moment... although I picked the Support Medic contract that should not be picked! (Amputator)...

It's my last one now and i'm 5/6 on "heal 3000 in one life (with the amputator)"

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-15-2017 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jeep finally came in... Already hate it... But I guess that's what the moron wants... Next is the 3 1/2" lift kit, fuel rims and 35" Toyo tires... Also take that gay sticker off...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-15-2017 05:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-15-2017 06:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-15-2017 08:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-15-2017 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stitches on my nose job were taken out yesterday. They were irritating the excision site. Today I attended another reunion, old workmates and some people I hadn’t seen in 20 +years :eek: A really nice little 'time travel' experience.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 06:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nose job... What a puff...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 06:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got rear ended at a set of lights in my 370Z. I've been in a few accidents in my time, my fault once, other guys fault all the other times and every time I'm always pretty cool and collected and patient but I wasn't happy when I got out of my car today. It's definitely a pet peeve of mine when I see cars park up right behind mine. I drive stick but I'm pretty good and I'm not too worried about rolling back into cars but it always irks me because if I wasn't a good at driving stick I would roll back some times and often people don't give enough room. In this case, the asshat parked up right behind me on a flat road and just kept edging forward until he was in my fucking rear fender. Well that little mistake is going to cost him 1000$ to fix.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love how yanks make a big deal about driving a manual car

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 07:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not a yank. However over here the % of people that can drive stick is only 20%. It really is a lost art in north america.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 07:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here in Europe the vast majority of cars are manuals (you aren't even allowed to do your driving license exam in an automatic).
Having said that though, and while I think it's the right approach, I don't see much of an advantage driving a manual car over an automatic when commuting. It's just that automatics are a bit more expensive.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 07:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol that's awesome. I'm sure people over here would freak out if they were told they can't take a driving test in an automatic. Cost isn't the reason I drive stick though, I just really enjoy it.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 07:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Cost isn't the reason I drive stick though, I just really enjoy it.

Good lad :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 08:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
lol that's awesome. I'm sure people over here would freak out if they were told they can't take a driving test in an automatic. Cost isn't the reason I drive stick though, I just really enjoy it.

Yeah with a 370Z I can understand it gives a bit more enjoyment when going out on a ride.
Thing is though, 90% of the cars aren't sports-cars and are used for boring commute rides. That means stopping for traffic lights, sitting in traffic jams, longwinded and boringly straight highways and stuff like that. Especially when in a traffic jam having an automatic is much more relaxed.

I drive a stick by the way :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 10:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Honestly my Z is my daily driver/commuter car. I own an awd Vibe that's auto but I'd still rather drive stick, even in stop and go traffic.

The weather here is getting cold though so I'm having to put my toys away soon. :( Hopefully you got some good riding done this summer.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

That’s bullshit. I was driving a stick when I was 11 and most people I know are the same way. Of course, I don’t drive a stick now. Because why would I? Pointless unless it’s a sports car or you’re driving a big rig hauling a load...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 11:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pointless, even with a sportscar. Auto transmissions have come a long way.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 11:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, but it’s kinda fun with a sports car. Hard to burn rubber with an automatic...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 11:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My dad has a c7 corvette thats auto and he had a manual one before that. Its not that hard to burn rubber if you shut off all the safety features.
I would take the convenience of an auto any day. Most sport cars have paddle shift anyway.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 02:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On of my reason for driving a stick other than enjoyment is so other 'yanks" don't ask to drive my car ;)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice stick Giraffe }{unter :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 02:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol shaft is delusional. There's so much you just can't do in an automatic vs manual. Yeah, maybe it's just as fast but you'll never experience the feeling of driving high rev in 1st and then going into second to initiate a slide. Or rev matching an engine while braking into a corner etc... At the end of the day it isn't just about numbers. It's the actual feeling of the car and controlling it in a way an automatic just can't do.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 02:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually my first car was a manual. Also like I said I’ve driven a 6 speed manual corvette as well as the new automatic quite a bit. I know manual drivers like to be pretentious about their abilities but it’s really overblown. You can do everything you said with the paddle shift on a modern auto transmission.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 02:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My next car is going to be a auto. C250d AGM line. Fuck manuals now there's double clutches.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

That’s bullshit. I was driving a stick when I was 11 and most people I know are the same way. Of course, I don’t drive a stick now. Because why would I? Pointless unless it’s a sports car or you’re driving a big rig hauling a load...

The reaction in this thread and your post are exactly my point. In Europe it's not even a thing you'd bring up because it's assumed. Over the pond there's this big pretention about having a manual car and being able to drive it when it's just a state of normality over here.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Actually my first car was a manual. Also like I said I’ve driven a 6 speed manual corvette as well as the new automatic quite a bit. I know manual drivers like to be pretentious about their abilities but it’s really overblown. You can do everything you said with the paddle shift on a modern auto transmission.

Pretty much this 100 times.

Drive a modern one and that whole 'derp derp manual' crap goes out the window.

Sure its still fun slamming gears (still drive a manual myself), but still, pointless.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-16-2017 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, if you drive and auto here it's assumed you can't drive :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.