Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-15-2019 02:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pics or no...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-15-2019 03:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Cooking a brisket on our built in luxury smoker...

The wife just got herself a new Pit Boss pellet grill. I have to say, it's pretty awesome.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-15-2019 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We have a built in smoker in the outdoor kitchen... Why so mad?...

I talked my wife out of being a vegan, and she's doing a keto diet with me so we are using the smoker again...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-15-2019 05:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, Pit Boss, the poor man’s Traeger...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-15-2019 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It came with the house. To me it looks custom made. They used weights from an Olympic set to hold up lids which are very heavy. The grill came with the house too and that's a 5k lynx... Jellus?...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-16-2019 05:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can’t see the second picture...

I’m assuming you’re talking about counter weights for the grill lid...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-16-2019 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Second pic was the brisket... Fucking wife took that photo and iPhones suck with those weird extensions...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lost 20 pounds so far on this carnivore diet. Never hungry and just finished off a delicious brisket... LIFEHACKER!...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 09:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit, you had 20 pounds to lose? You fat fuck...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 12:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got back from doing an escape room with some friends. We barely got out in time (3 mins left) and only because one of us pretty much gave up and decided to peek through a letterbox to see if it was the end of the game while we were contemplating the solution for the last puzzle, which, as it turned out, was one big decoy. The code we needed was readable if you peeked through the letterbox.

Have you guys done (good) escape rooms? This was my 6th.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Escape rooms :olo: ...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 01:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Just got back from doing an escape room with some friends. We barely got out in time (3 mins left) and only because one of us pretty much gave up and decided to peek through a letterbox to see if it was the end of the game while we were contemplating the solution for the last puzzle, which, as it turned out, was one big decoy. The code we needed was readable if you peeked through the letterbox.

Have you guys done (good) escape rooms? This was my 6th.

Yup - love an escape room.

They are quite prevalent around where I live. The most local one to me makes a point of using local historical references in it's puzzles, to reward those who take an interest in the community (see the "In Frost we trust spray paint... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Frost_(Chartist) ):

https://www.escaperoomsnewport.co.uk/

I've done a few here (Cardiff):

https://www.escaperoomscardiff.co.uk/

One here (Bristol):

https://lockedinaroom.co.uk/bristol/

And one here (Florida):

https://www.dare2escape.com/home-2

I didn't get around to doing one the last time we were in Singapore, but if I do go back I will 100% check one out.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My friends own this one, I've never tried it though.

https://www.amazemontreal.com/

I opened a retail forex trading account this week just for fun :)

I used to trade equities (TQQQ, SQQQ) but I can't anymore because of SEC rules with my employer (30-day hold, no leveraged products).

Do any of you guys trade stocks, futures, forex, etc?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-17-2019 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, never got into this online tech (bitcoin etc).

We did buy shares on the stock-market years ago on a hot tip from the employer of my Wife and we made a fair bit on money on selling. We bought for 20c and sold for $4.20. Hindsight, a wonderful thing.. We should have invested more :smirk:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-26-2019 06:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Passed a motorcycle training course this weekend with a CBR300 and got my license, now I'm hunting for a Ninja 300 :ninja:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-26-2019 08:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Passed a motorcycle training course this weekend with a CBR300 and got my license, now I'm hunting for a Ninja 300 :ninja:

Watch then damn cars.

Re: What is new in your little world? I was walking on the beach this morning when an old work mate from 30 years ago walked past stopped and and called out my name. Bloody hell! I was taken aback. I didn't pick him and I am normally good recalling faces from the past.. I was wearing a hat and sunglasses and he still after all those years recognized me :eek:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-27-2019 12:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

Cool. Them Ninja 300's are very popular so I don't think you'll have much of a problem finding one. Or, if you're feeling that money burn in your pocket, go get yourself one of them brand new Ninja 400's. Very nice bikes.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-27-2019 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd recommend a CBR500R or any bike in the 500 range. They're quick enough that you'll enjoy it far longer than a lower cc bike. By the time I sold my 500R I was bored of it. I could slam the throttle with that bike and it would barely lift the wheel up 1 inch in 1st gear. It's extremely forgiving. My 900 on the other hand is not forgiving at all..

I went to a pinball tournament over the weekend. Finished 12th, it was pretty fun but luck seems to play a fair bit in the results.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-27-2019 04:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The CBR is roughly 2000 Euro's more expensive than the Ninja 400 here (and that's the KRT edition of the Ninja) and only delivers roughly the same amount of power (it's like 3hp difference or so and comparable torque numbers). The Ninja 300 is again another 3 or 4 hp down.
There's a good chance the Ninja feels much cheaper in terms of materials used, but it looks like a solid enough bike.

If you'd suggest an upgrade, a Ninja 650 might be more interesting. The new CBR650R might be an option, although quite a bit more expensive and considerably more powerful than the Ninja.

Eh, if you feel a ~80hp bike is too much to start on, the lower capacity Ninja's are a solid choice if you're looking for a sports bike. I would definitely not buy a bike like that new though. Get a good one second hand for cheap, sell it in one or two years and get a middle weight bike.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-27-2019 08:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmmm I didn't realize there was such a small difference. I figured the 300 ninja would be more like the CBR250 but color me wrong if that's not the case. That said, the 500R was super smooth, I can attest to that, I liked it a lot. Too bad its new owner is a complete retard.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-28-2019 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My new baby

Need to get rid of the ugly, faded red wrap and figure out the aftermarket race cluster on it, but holy fuck does that Akrapovic exhaust sound good.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-28-2019 07:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

very nice :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-28-2019 09:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool. Enjoy it and be safe!
Remember, ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time). Don't make you regret yourself.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-29-2019 04:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice man, I'd get rid of that red too. If you're ever out for a ride on the east coast shoot me a message. I won't bite.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-29-2019 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Cool. Enjoy it and be safe!
Remember, ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time). Don't make you regret yourself.

Totally, first thing I did was get geared up head to toe before I even started the training course. I want to keep my skin.

Κracus wrote:
Nice man, I'd get rid of that red too. If you're ever out for a ride on the east coast shoot me a message. I won't bite.

Likewise if you come around here, I'm starting a posse with my Ninja 400 buddy :olo:

I probably won't be making any super long trips until I have a full season behind me though.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-29-2019 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there was a shooting in my area 15min ago, i thought it was the house across the street doing reno, but then i see bunch of cops with machine guns

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-29-2019 07:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Follows on from the above post :tear:

Whiskey 7 wrote:
.... an old work mate from 30 years ago walked past stopped and and called out my name. ..... still after all those years recognized me :eek:

Know, I get text messages from the guy who organizes work reunions and about fellow workmates passing on. Today I replied to say thanks for the recent picture of Phil L but then get a call from a guy I worked with 35, yes 35 years ago!

Talk about a crossed line!
This is across time and space :eek: and comes out of nowhere as this chap never attends reunions and we haven't spoken in 35 years :eek: :confused:
Go figure

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-29-2019 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Climbing trip again starting next week. I'll be in the mid-eastern USA for two weeks. Gun toting white people in pickup trucks and stained wife-beaters scare me. Pray for me, I'm fucked.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-29-2019 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will pray for you obsidian as I wouldn't want to be in your shoes :)

Hey, good luck and enjoy the climb as we look forward to photos.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 03:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
there was a shooting in my area 15min ago, i thought it was the house across the street doing reno, but then i see bunch of cops with machine guns

Shit I got the wrong address.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cops already arrested one negro, looking for other and gun

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 08:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well this went racial suddenly

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 11:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey SoM.
Fuck you

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm to busy

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice, that happened less than half an hour after I cycled through there. So glad I don't live downtown anymore, shithole city.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.