Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Climbing trip again starting next week. I'll be in the mid-eastern USA for two weeks. Gun toting white people in pickup trucks and stained wife-beaters scare me. Pray for me, I'm fucked.

If you truly feel this way, why not just stay away? I'm sure wherever you're going the people there would be more than happy to know someone with your opinions/attitude didn't get to benefit from their town... Though I do encourage you to openly and frequently share your opinions with the locals (don't be a pussy that hides behind the internet). Maybe you'll get what you're secretly wishing for, fucked.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^That is a fantastic comment.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

deliverance comes to mind

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 04:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Smoked by gwamps :olo:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-30-2019 08:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’m sorry I offended you and your cheese stained wife-beater. I need to keep in mind that not all rednecks fuck their cousins, just every other one. And your ex-wife left you so I guess you now belong to the latter group.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-31-2019 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol white ppl...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-31-2019 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
I’m sorry I offended you and your cheese stained wife-beater. I need to keep in mind that not all rednecks fuck their cousins, just every other one. And your ex-wife left you so I guess you now belong to the latter group.

Offend me? :olo:

Nothing like another ignorant, self-righteous, hypocrite trying to impose his views on the world.

Hey, just remember to speak your mind to all those "rednecks". You wouldn't want anyone to think you lack courage or conviction.

BTW, this July I will be married 20 years. :cool:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-01-2019 07:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
obsidian wrote:
BTW, this July I will be married 20 years. :cool:

Congratulations. Amazing someone has been able to tolerate you for 20 years straight :p

You have adult kids, right? Are they into motorcycle riding as well?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-01-2019 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My son is 18. He's started riding at a very young age and still occasionally rides a neighbor's dirt bike (2 stroke 250). He's mentioned several times that he wants a street bike. But I've told him he needs more experience driving a car (learning and understanding the roadways) before he gets a bike. He only got his license last October.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-01-2019 01:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like not a bad idea.
If anything, it learns you how car drivers see motorcyclists. First thing I realized when I started driving a car was how absolutely invisible you are on a bicycle in the dark. As a car driver I hate cyclists. Never had a clue about that as a cyclists myself before I got into a car.

Should be great riding together though. I had the opportunity to do just two rides with my dad before he passed away. I cherish the memories.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-01-2019 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hope to ride with him some day. Maybe even give him my bike. Until then I'm encouraging him to work on his road awareness.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-01-2019 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IMO a steel cage around him until 25 isn't a bad idea. Motorcycle off-road sure, but car drivers are retarded in general in urban/suburban areas.

He needs a few years experience seeing how dumb the average driver is and the stupid shit to expect from them... Unless it's just for Sunday rides, I'm talking about commuting here.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-02-2019 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
My son is 18. He's started riding at a very young age and still occasionally rides a neighbor's dirt bike (2 stroke 250). He's mentioned several times that he wants a street bike. But I've told him he needs more experience driving a car (learning and understanding the roadways) before he gets a bike. He only got his license last October.

I can’t believe he’s 18. I can recall your post announcing the birth.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-02-2019 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

was it in 2001?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-02-2019 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

50% chance Gramps dies on his bike within 5 years. 50% chance Gramps son dies on a bike within 5 years. 100% one of them dies on a motorcycle... You're welcome...

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-02-2019 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
50% chance Gramps dies on his bike within 5 years. 50% chance Gramps son dies on a bike within 5 years. 100% one of them dies on a motorcycle... You're welcome...

According to your odds, that's actually 75%.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-02-2019 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
was it in 2001?

December 24th, 2000 to be exact.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-02-2019 06:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Math is gay... Like u..

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-03-2019 05:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

Math is gay... Like u..

Geoff doesn't have sex with women anymore. They like dick, and that's gay.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-03-2019 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that's also why his posts are so shit

good posts satisfy men and satisfying men is gay

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-06-2019 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

I can’t believe he’s 18. I can recall your post announcing the birth.

I've been posting at this shit hole for almost 20 fuckin' years :olo: :dts:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-07-2019 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captured a 4-alarm warehouse fire from my balcony last night :paranoid:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 02:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, I've gotten fat.

I have taken up training again to try and offset the last two years of food and drink abuse I have subjected my body to. I weight in at 101kg (223lbs) and for someone as vertically challenged as I am, that is not good.

So I started about 10 days ago and I have given myself a challenge of dropped 8% body fat and 10kg (22lbs) in overall weight by September 1st. Then by the end of the year I hope to drop a further 10kg (22lbs) to get back down to my fighting weight of 80kg (176lbs).

It's a struggle on the fitness side of things, as I didn't quite grasp just how unfit I had become. Also running at a calorie defect with a high(ish) protein based diet is a struggle. I think I will be able to hammer the first 4 weeks of the strict diet before I ease it off a little, while still maintaining my training. Anything more on the diet front will end up leaving me without the energy I need to push myself and burn the calories I need to shift some of this fat.

Wish me luck, I think I am going to need it.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 04:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
So, I've gotten fat.

I have taken up training again to try and offset the last two years of food and drink abuse I have subjected my body to. I weight in at 101kg (223lbs) and for someone as vertically challenged as I am, that is not good.

So I started about 10 days ago and I have given myself a challenge of dropped 8% body fat and 10kg (22lbs) in overall weight by September 1st. Then by the end of the year I hope to drop a further 10kg (22lbs) to get back down to my fighting weight of 80kg (176lbs).

It's a struggle on the fitness side of things, as I didn't quite grasp just how unfit I had become. Also running at a calorie defect with a high(ish) protein based diet is a struggle. I think I will be able to hammer the first 4 weeks of the strict diet before I ease it off a little, while still maintaining my training. Anything more on the diet front will end up leaving me without the energy I need to push myself and burn the calories I need to shift some of this fat.

You can do it :)

This book might help: The Leangains Method: The Art of Getting Ripped. Researched, Practiced, Perfected

You can do high protein, just work out your diet. I'm at 1950 cal per day, 257g protein. My day consists of is a big shake, meat & veggies, fruit, and a greek yogurt in the evening.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 05:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
So, I've gotten fat.

I'm about the same, want a challenge so we stay motivated? I've been trying on and off to lose weight now this year with mixed success. I need something to motivate me more.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Losing weight beyond your mid to late 30's is difficult for most. However difficult losing the weight may be, keeping it off is even more difficult and requires lifestyle changes. Below are some of the changes I've made that help me keep my weight in check.

1. Cut out the daily consumption of sodas or sugary drinks. Drink water throughout the day.
2. Cut out the cookies, candies, ice creams, etc. Deserts are a waste of caloric intake.
3. Don't eat more than 3 times a day, no snacking between meals. Those meals should be reasonable with normal size portions.
4. Cut down the carbs. Don't eat extra bread with dinner. Replace things like french fries/chips with vegetables.
5. Move more. Go to the gym. Go for a walk. Do something on a regular basis.

You have to start thinking about eating as more for necessity than a reward. Once you lose the weight, developed better daily eating habits, started a workout routine and put on several pounds of muscle, you can loosen the reigns a bit. Because by then you and your body will be at a point where know what you can and can't do, and you don't want to jeopardize the results of all the hard work.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
1. Cut out the daily consumption of sodas or sugary drinks. Drink water throughout the day.
2. Cut out the cookies, candies, ice creams, etc. Deserts are a waste of caloric intake.
3. Don't eat more than 3 times a day, no snacking between meals. Those meals should be reasonable with normal size portions.
4. Cut down the carbs. Don't eat extra bread with dinner. Replace things like french fries/chips with vegetables.

This pretty much covers the essentials :up:

If you can make 50% of your calories come from protein when you're running a deficit, you'll have a much easier time regarding hunger.

Also try to eat at the same time every day for hormonal entrainment. You'll get hungry at that specific time, not in between.

By the way, the reason people past mid-30's get fat is because they move less not because of metabolism changes. Fitness trackers help see how many steps you took, as a minimum.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 08:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe the 5 things I listed are conscious decisions that are easy to make and keep track of in the beginning. I think it's important for people who are just starting to make these changes keep it simple. Don't overwhelm yourself with counting calories, measuring portions or tracking progress. All of those things will obviously increase or speed up your results. But they're not for the typical beginner. Jut get in there, get started and get some positive results. If you decide you want to take it to the next level, break out your scale and your fit-bit...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 03:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just go keto or close to keto...it's way healthier and its easy to lose weight cuz ur never hungry...lost 26 pounds in 48 days...

remember morons...we have been fed bullshit for 60 years that fat is bad...reality is just the opposite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1vBA9bLNk

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol at gramps saying to cut down on carbs and also cake and cookies...those are all carbs dumbo...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 11:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
So, I've gotten fat.

You can do it :)

This book might help: The Leangains Method: The Art of Getting Ripped. Researched, Practiced, Perfected

You can do high protein, just work out your diet. I'm at 1950 cal per day, 257g protein. My day consists of is a big shake, meat & veggies, fruit, and a greek yogurt in the evening.

Nice - I am close to you on figures; 2300 calories a day with 240g protein, 201g carbs and 57g fat. I am usual over on the protein but under on overall calories, which isn't a bad thing for the start of the journey. As long I don't dip too low and it deprives me of energy for training, I am good.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-08-2019 11:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
So, I've gotten fat.

I'm about the same, want a challenge so we stay motivated? I've been trying on and off to lose weight now this year with mixed success. I need something to motivate me more.

You are on. I started on May 28th (that is when I weighed in at 101kg). I am weighing in every two weeks, so:
June 11th
June 25th
July 9th
July 23rd
August 6th
August 20th
September 3rd - this is goal day

Let's see what you got :ninja:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-09-2019 12:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Losing weight beyond your mid to late 30's is difficult for most. However difficult losing the weight may be, keeping it off is even more difficult and requires lifestyle changes. Below are some of the changes I've made that help me keep my weight in check.

You have to start thinking about eating as more for necessity than a reward. Once you lose the weight, developed better daily eating habits, started a workout routine and put on several pounds of muscle, you can loosen the reigns a bit. Because by then you and your body will be at a point where know what you can and can't do, and you don't want to jeopardize the results of all the hard work.

100% on this, Gramps.

So I don't really drink many sugary drinks and I do at least 500ml of water a day anyway. Since starting this I have been doing 1500ml.
I also don't really do much in the way of deserts when I eat, so not too much to change there either.
What I will do is reach for that extra bit of bread or just smash a shit load of pasta on my plate.

And then there is my biggest weakness; the drink. I love a beer or a wine or a gin. And unfortunately for me, alcohol sticks to me. So this is going to be my biggest challenge; staying away from the beer. Not easy when you have one of the best breweries in the UK a stones throw away from your home. I'd think nothing of smashing in 4 or 5 pints of high calorie IPA down my neck on a weekend or a glass or two of wine with my aforementioned pasta based dinner. In all honesty, what I need to do is to drop the alcohol for a few months, but I know this isn't realistic. So I am limiting myself to a few beers every few weeks. And I need to be at a calories defect for a few days before hand to ensure my overall weekly intake doesn't go over my goal.

Training 4 times a week will also make a big difference. Once I have dropped some weight, I can also start going for small runs again. I hate running, but I know it's benefits so I will push myself to do a few short, gassy runs a week by week 8 of my plan, hopefully expediting the weight loss and compounding cardiovascular fitness.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-09-2019 04:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
And then there is my biggest weakness; the drink. I love a beer or a wine or a gin. And unfortunately for me, alcohol sticks to me. So this is going to be my biggest challenge; staying away from the beer. Not easy when you have one of the best breweries in the UK a stones throw away from your home. I'd think nothing of smashing in 4 or 5 pints of high calorie IPA down my neck on a weekend or a glass or two of wine with my aforementioned pasta based dinner. In all honesty, what I need to do is to drop the alcohol for a few months, but I know this isn't realistic. So I am limiting myself to a few beers every few weeks. And I need to be at a calories defect for a few days before hand to ensure my overall weekly intake doesn't go over my goal.

Alcohol isn't a big deal. You just need to keep drinking down to once a week and adjust your diet on drinking days.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-09-2019 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hard liquor is the healthiest... And contain zero carbs... Time to grow up chumps...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.