Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-30-2020 06:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It wasn't really a suggestion.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-30-2020 11:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
It wasn't really a suggestion.

Thanks for the thought anyway.

More investigations in the last hours and an answered email (Sunday PM here) from the dimmer supply technical manager :eek: seems we are looking at ripple signal injection in the mains power supply. Seems the level of this 'signal' has been increased in recent times.

I don't know if it happens where you're at but here, power company broadcast signals (at around 700-1000Hz) onto the mains supply to remotely control services. It might not be a light/dimmer fail but what it is feeding off :smirk: :smirk:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-31-2020 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's nothing new materialistic in my world since 2.5 months :).
Except 3 masks 15€ per piece. The comfortable rubber all around your head not just behind the ears, washable ones.
There's some new tracks of recorded guitar-ideas on my HD. They might get into something.

That's what I'm looking forward to come out of this: really good songs by professional musicians all over the world.

BTW: Phant or anyone, do you know of some models that are kind of like MK but without the guns and cannons and shit? I had been looking into the matter of retro mechanical looking robot-models but only found those like MK or some Gundam ones. I'd like to build a diorama with explorer-like robots, retro-style and no weapons whatsoever. Scale is not important. Ty!

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-13-2020 12:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Teaching my son to ride dirtbike. First lesson went well, so nervous.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-24-2020 07:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gonna ride my motorcycle on the F1
circuit of Zandvoort tomorrow. It's going to be 30 degrees C (86F) so it's probably going to be a sweaty thing.
I'll post some pics/video when I got that ready.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-24-2020 01:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh man that sounds incredible! Let me know prices for track days etc

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-25-2020 11:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Gonna ride my motorcycle on the F1
circuit of Zandvoort tomorrow. It's going to be 30 degrees C (86F) so it's probably going to be a sweaty thing.
I'll post some pics/video when I got that ready.

Sounds amazing bro, let us know how it went!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-25-2020 01:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Oh man that sounds incredible! Let me know prices for track days etc

Oh yeah it was awesome. I made one big mistake though: I had my GoPro style cam all ready to take with me, but I forgot to put it in my backpack, so I have no video footage :( There was a professional photographer though, so I hope he took some cool snaps.

I paid €115 for this, which includes 4 sessions of 15 minutes where you ride in small groups with an instructor who gives feedback after each session. I think there were about 80 participants in total, spread across 12-14 or so groups.

Not having any track riding experience, I signed up for the slower groups. I feared I would get ahead of myself and end up in the gravel. After the 4th session my instructor told me she felt I was ready for a faster group. So next time (there definitely will be a next time :D) I'll sign up for a slightly faster groups (they have 5 levels).

The experience of riding on a track is so vastly different from riding in traffic. It's amazing. I even surprised myself. My chicken strips have become significantly smaller :D
Anyway, I can recommend this to anyone:)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-25-2020 01:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love track driving; different kettle of fish to being on the road.

Glad it went well for you buddy :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-25-2020 09:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oof, the day after... Woke up with intense muscular pains in my legs and arms.
Hanging off a bike like that takes some getting used to.

Oh, and "fun" fact. What's more, I was stupid enough to put my phone on my bike's seat yesterday to free up my hands and it slid off and fell on the paddock pavement. The screen is badly shattered :(

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 05:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was out dirtbiking yesterday on my usual trail run. This trail goes along a pipeline road that's pretty rough terrain. Deep in the trails I found a kid in a truck who'd obviously gotten himself way over his head. Poor guy, I stayed to try to get him out, must have been about 2 hours of trying various things to get him out but no dice. Truck is still there today, hopefully he'll be able to get someone else in a Jeep to come give him a pull cause that thing wasn't going anywhere. Bald tires, no diff lock, not sure what he expected to happen in those trails. Felt bad for the guy but god damn he was deep in it. This isn't the first time I've run into people stuck in those trails, the thing that gets me the most is how they must have sat there for a while with the pedal to floor to dig themselves extra deep into it, like dude, if it ain't moving just stop already! Ultimately wound up going back home and getting my car and giving him a ride back to his house. I should have taken a few pics, might do that after work today, I suspect his truck will still be there lol..

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 07:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some pics from yesterday.

Picked up some excess rubber on the way

Enjoying a good meal afterwards at the Zandvoort seaboard. Fish & chips.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice! And fuck me that grub looks good :o

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-26-2020 11:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome stuff Jerry :)

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-27-2020 12:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
BTW: Phant or anyone, do you know of some models that are kind of like MK but without the guns and cannons and shit? I had been looking into the matter of retro mechanical looking robot-models but only found those like MK or some Gundam ones. I'd like to build a diorama with explorer-like robots, retro-style and no weapons whatsoever. Scale is not important. Ty!

It kinda depends on the style. Maybe just have a browse of Hobby Link Japan in the Sci Fi section and see if anything takes your fancy.

A lot of the M.aK are unarmed like the Camel, Luna Gans or the Space type SAFS, or you could get one that's armed but kitbash it so it had something else instead.

There's other models like these, who aren't M.ak, but I really like them:

They're called WEGO and made by Hasagawa.

You could also look at resin casting companies too, like Industia Mechanika, but they're a bit pricier

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thx Phant, 2 and 3 look interesting. Some cutting away here and there and some kitbashing... yep, should do.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-12-2020 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My new 18" fat tire front end (wheel, tire, forks and fender) and front/rear air ride are complete. The only thing left are the custom speaker lids with speakers for the rear bags and paint the lower fairings.

It looks fucking sweet. :eek:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-12-2020 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

It looks fucking sweet. :eek:

If ur 70 years old...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-12-2020 10:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looks fucking ghastly

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-12-2020 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looks exactly like something an average blockheaded blubbery Floridian with no taste would think is "fucking sweet". Also the sides of that tractor tire will never touch pavement.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-12-2020 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If it gets any larger, you might as well just buy yourself an SUV.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-12-2020 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm glad you guys like it so much. I'm sure you're all just as anxious as I am to see it when it's finished.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-28-2020 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: What is new in your little world?

Me, I am taking a country drive, spend a few days in the very west on my home state and plan to end up here so photos on return Image

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-02-2020 11:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm back from Cameron Corner, Queensland.

My son & grandson accompanied on the long drive & I am still recovering so photos later :)
Short is, fantastic adventure for the 3 generations :p

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-03-2020 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A quick album here. Photos are in no particular order :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-04-2020 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man, Australia is such an empty place ;)

Oh, and a town called Eromanga? Does that involve a combination of tentacles and orifices in any way?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-04-2020 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was pretty quiet out there. FYI, we drove for 5 hours and yes early morning and didn't see another car :eek:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-06-2020 08:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Currently in interviews for a server administrator role... First interview went great! Just need to impress the director on the next interview...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-06-2020 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Suck his cock :up:

Or just tell him one of your nightclub lead pipe stories...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-06-2020 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Do you know the reason I still post on this message board? It's a constant reminder of how much I've changed over the years. There's several other users I can also see that changed over the years like Eraser and doombrain for example. Then there's other people that simply cannot change or will not, like scared, captain spazda, yourself and gwamps... It's sad to see honestly, not because I care but because of the lack of originality. This forum has become uninspiring for the most part but there's still a few people that post here that'll bring something new to the table or something interesting, but not you. You're as boring now as you were 5, 10, 15 years ago... I would probably kill myself if I'd lived a life like yours. Instead, I'll keep on doing what I do while you sit on the sidelines regurgitating the same fucking punch lines over and over again about a joke you're the only one laughing at.

I literally turned my life around and went from a guy doing business in clubs to a professional helping people fix difficult problems in a position most IT people would kill for and I'm still climbing. None of it was luck, I worked for it, earned my certifications and I get to reap the benefits of that hard work.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-06-2020 10:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Eraser

Fuck you

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-06-2020 10:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I mean... Is that an offer?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-06-2020 11:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
xer0s wrote:

Do you know the reason I still post on this message board? It's a constant reminder of how much I've changed over the years. There's several other users I can also see that changed over the years like Eraser and doombrain for example. Then there's other people that simply cannot change or will not, like scared, captain spazda, yourself and gwamps... It's sad to see honestly, not because I care but because of the lack of originality. This forum has become uninspiring for the most part but there's still a few people that post here that'll bring something new to the table or something interesting, but not you. You're as boring now as you were 5, 10, 15 years ago... I would probably kill myself if I'd lived a life like yours. Instead, I'll keep on doing what I do while you sit on the sidelines regurgitating the same fucking punch lines over and over again about a joke you're the only one laughing at.

I literally turned my life around and went from a guy doing business in clubs to a professional helping people fix difficult problems in a position most IT people would kill for and I'm still climbing. None of it was luck, I worked for it, earned my certifications and I get to reap the benefits of that hard work.

lol

You’re an inspiration to us all...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-06-2020 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this place is like a bar with regulars

needs a pool table though :idea:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.