What is new in your little world?

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Κracus

Re: What is new in your little world?

Post by Κracus »

I'm buying this thing...

[lvlshot]http://www.2040-motos.com/_content/cars/images/30/307930/001.jpg[/lvlshot]

Seems like a bad idea.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Foo wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:cacti and aloe vera love the massive amount of sunlight this place gets.
Ey I got told no direct sunlight for my aloe vera, just like the peace lily. Am I fucking up right here?
The Internet wrote:Six to eight hours of direct sun is best, although most aloe vera plants will tolerate some light shade or filtered sun at midday. A south- or west-facing outdoor area and slightly sandy soil provide ideal conditions for growing aloe vera, whether in a pot or in the ground.
Foo

Post by Foo »

Captain Mazda wrote:
The Internet wrote:Six to eight hours of direct sun is best, although most aloe vera plants will tolerate some light shade or filtered sun at midday. A south- or west-facing outdoor area and slightly sandy soil provide ideal conditions for growing aloe vera, whether in a pot or in the ground.
Huh, thanks. That'll translate as a north- or west-facing here and I'll have to dial it down a bit because DAT UV fucking kills everything if you give it too much.

In other news, just went unconditional on a house purchase. Now the proud owner of... a mortgage ;_;
plained

Post by plained »

without enough sun energy those aloes can develop root rot quite easy
it is about time!
Giraffe }{unter

Post by Giraffe }{unter »

Whiskey 7 wrote: Hey nice to hear from you Giraffe }{unter :) and nice to hear/feel positive vibes. US to Belgium, interesting. The car news is awesome and I must say I like the kitchen renovation and those overhead lights, awesome... You did the renovation yourself?
US to Belgium came a s a surprise offer from work, but hey it's a nice one year experience and I've been here so much lately I'm enjoying it... The kitchen renovation started with a contractor, but he sucked and I fired him and finished it myself.

lars63 wrote:Amazing Giraffe }{unter, I was just thinking about you today, thinking I hadn't seen you around for a while and here you are,(LOL), good to know your doing so well, sorry to hear about the bathroom leaks, they can be a bitch. Welcome back :)
Thanks ;)

shaft wrote:I saw your YT chan blowing up a while back, congrats :up:
Nice kitchen, I spy an Ubiquiti Amplifi.
Thanks and yes the Amplifi works pretty good I picked it up because of the Teleport that puts me on my home network via secure VPN from anywhere. Been using that a lot for encryption at coffee shops, hotels and to get my Amazon Prime and Netflix content while in Europe ;)
Giraffe }{unter

Captain Mazda wrote:Last month we moved to a lovely 2-bedroom condo. Amazing views, right next to the lake and High Park, and awesome amenities. I'm also enjoying the daily 30km bike commute :D

Cat approves
Congrats, Just getting done searching for apartments I have to say you nailed a nice find.
Lieutenant Dan

Post by Lieutenant Dan »

For the nearly two years we've lived in our apartment, no one has lived above us, and that finally changed. Century plus old building with creaky wood floors, and neighbors that have the opposite schedule to ours has been pretty miserable. Luckily, there's an open apartment on the top floor that we're checking out today. It's a three bedroom, and we currently have a one bedroom, but I think we're going to go for it. The lady will use one of the rooms as a sewing room, and I'll get an office. Kind of excited :cool:
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Fingers are crossed here for you here Lieutenant Dan. Good luck.
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
Lieutenant Dan

Post by Lieutenant Dan »

Thanks Whiskey. We saw the apartment this morning and loved it. We didn't throw money down yet or anything, but it isn't currently being advertised, and we got the word of the manager that we can have it. We just have to pay the ~250 to balance out the damage deposit with the bigger place, and we'll get the keys early. That'll allow us to paint prior to moving in, and use the last month of our current lease to move our stuff up there before signing a new lease. Even more excited now :smirk:
Giraffe }{unter

Lieutenant Dan wrote:Thanks Whiskey. We saw the apartment this morning and loved it. We didn't throw money down yet or anything, but it isn't currently being advertised, and we got the word of the manager that we can have it. We just have to pay the ~250 to balance out the damage deposit with the bigger place, and we'll get the keys early. That'll allow us to paint prior to moving in, and use the last month of our current lease to move our stuff up there before signing a new lease. Even more excited now :smirk:
Good luck! that was one of my biggest fears while apartment shopping being miserable in your home sucks.
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Lieutenant Dan wrote:Thanks Whiskey. We saw the apartment this morning and loved it. We didn't throw money down yet or anything, but it isn't currently being advertised, and we got the word of the manager that we can have it. We just have to pay the ~250 to balance out the damage deposit with the bigger place, and we'll get the keys early. That'll allow us to paint prior to moving in, and use the last month of our current lease to move our stuff up there before signing a new lease. Even more excited now :smirk:
It is nice to have an occupancy overlap and by that I mean time to do stuff in the new dig. We were very fortunate on our last move here in that it was an investment rental at the time. We simply didn't put people in when we decided to retire so had some weeks to have trades in to do little things (shelves and cupboard changes) then paint and carpet really at our leisure, just a hour or so drive away too :)
Enjoy Lieutenant Dan :up:
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Lovely Autumn weather here so I ventured out to a local street hot rod spectacular and it was indeed spectacular.

Pics....

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

There where hundreds of cars there and originals snaps were resized to 30% for here
Underpants?

Post by Underpants? »

Hi. One of the best years on record. Hitting a long road trip to Vancouver, BC (Puffy--what's up), then Alaska, then Washington next week, and some other stuff. Good to hear / see from some of you fellas. It's not distance that separates us, but the lack of constant contact.
obsidian

Post by obsidian »

Underpants? wrote:Vancouver, BC (Puffy--what's up)
Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of, PuFF lives in downtown Toronto. You're a little bit far for a visit.
[size=85][url=http://gtkradiant.com]GtkRadiant[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com]Q3Map2[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com/docs/shader_manual/]Shader Manual[/url][/size]
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

I had an adventurous weekend. I went dirtbike riding on Saturday and went through a section a little too quick. Smashed the engine block of the bike against some boulders and killed it. It's at the bike shop now so hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg to fix. Then I went for a group ride on Sunday with some friends and the guy with a ducati monster broke down so I wound up towing him back to his house with the truck. Fun times with bikes breaking down!
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Installed a RAM X-Grip mount to attach my phone to my bike
[lvlshot]https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlbnx8jeaj7jsh5/Foto%2011-06-18%2020%2036%2006.jpg?dl=1[/lvlshot]
YourGrandpa

Post by YourGrandpa »

Just got my bike back. I had some powder coating done.
Before
[lvlshot]https://scontent.fmia1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/16299909_10154994029248711_2574034138907350407_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=81a9d5437e3c10f311d82945b8155a74&oe=5BBECFEB[/lvlshot]
After
[lvlshot]https://scontent.fmia1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35399174_10156414472698711_4606880641512898560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=548f969c19a8971c76e3f68fff1b1d84&oe=5BC4884E[/lvlshot]
Before
[lvlshot]https://scontent.fmia1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/16251812_10154994029398711_4222985881921344064_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5aa24ca4999390132f0aafefd84687ba&oe=5BBA7383[/lvlshot]
After
[lvlshot]https://scontent.fmia1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/35476174_10156414472208711_5870301363904184320_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ce231c5c7c457f38080485123158b381&oe=5BA97539[/lvlshot]
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

Not trying to start shit, but didn't you say you didn't want to spend extra money changing finishes on a bike and would rather buy it like you want it? You just did what I suggested you could do to the chrome that you dismissed. :confused:
YourGrandpa

Post by YourGrandpa »

I don't recall that conversation. Certainly context had a lot to do with my comments. I would have preferred to buy my bike the way I have it now and would have liked the current finishes to be factory. Because almost every modification you make adds zero value and some can even devalue the bike. That said, I really liked this bike the way I bought it and even more now.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Scourge wrote:Not trying to start shit, but didn't you say you didn't want to spend extra money changing finishes on a bike and would rather buy it like you want it? You just did what I suggested you could do to the chrome that you dismissed. :confused:
I think everyone would rather buy something the way they want to have it rather than having to spend additional money to make it the way you want it? I don't see how one would think otherwise?

Having said that, doing your own customizations really does make the bike something unique and something that really suits your tastes.

And I like the black better. Looks nice :up:
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Yes, I do like the work you've done on the bike YourGrandpa :up:
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Been on the hunt for a new car for Lady Carlos - so far its a toss up between a Mini and an Audi A1

The new A1's are out in November, so we might wait to see what sort of deals they have on them before a choice is made. Customer service hasn't been the best given we are looking at chucking a tidy chunk of change at something...
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

Eraser wrote:And I like the black better. Looks nice :up:
This
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

Eraser wrote:
I think everyone would rather buy something the way they want to have it rather than having to spend additional money to make it the way you want it? I don't see how one would think otherwise?

Having said that, doing your own customizations really does make the bike something unique and something that really suits your tastes.

And I like the black better. Looks nice :up:
Particularly with Harleys, that's half the fun. Customizing it to make it unique. Granted I haven't really done much with mine other than pegs, mirrors, hand grips, and other small stuff. I will eventually change out the handlebars and may paint it at some point. As far as value, if you decide to sell you can always just toss the stock stuff back on(other than paint or powdercoat obviously).
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

YourGrandpa wrote:I don't recall that conversation. Certainly context had a lot to do with my comments. I would have preferred to buy my bike the way I have it now and would have liked the current finishes to be factory. Because almost every modification you make adds zero value and some can even devalue the bike. That said, I really liked this bike the way I bought it and even more now.
This here. Maybe I misunderstood.
YourGrandpa wrote:
Scourge wrote:
It is. And you can always powder coat or replace the chrome with black parts.
Oh, I understand that. But I'd rather get something closer to what I want rather than going through the cost and hassle of tearing the bike apart to powder coat.