Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-07-2019 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Some pics from Muse

Nice! Looks like a good time :D

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-07-2019 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it was incredible, just blew me away with how much effort and life they put into their performances.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-07-2019 09:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome pics

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 04-08-2019 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Awesome pics

Yes they are, thanks for the share :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-09-2019 10:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My weekend fun, ran into a kid about 16 or 17 who was stuck in some mud, the entire back tire was buried under, tried helping him out but wound up having to call a 4x4 to come pull him out.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 01:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm moving to Prague. Good times. :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 01:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

My weekend fun, ran into a kid about 16 or 17 who was stuck in some mud, the entire back tire was buried under, tried helping him out but wound up having to call a 4x4 to come pull him out.

Cool. Would love to do some offroad/enduro riding some time.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 03:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you're ever in atlantic canada drop me a line, I have two. ;)

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol Canada...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

Say hello to Michael Cohn...eurotrash...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

to do what? which bit of Prague? have you been before?

(ask cuz I love it and been many times)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 10:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

The fuck

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

The fuck

seremtan wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

to do what? which bit of Prague? have you been before?

(ask cuz I love it and been many times)

I don't talk about my work much. But I do VR shit (was actually in a pretty large ad recently heh). Prague is somewhere I wanna go. Couple studios I work with regularly are there.

And no. I've never been there but everyone says its great. So I'm pretty much #yolo moving based on what friends who are there have said.

Any places you'd recommend checking out Seremtan?

scared? wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

Say hello to Michael Cohn...eurotrash...

Yeah because America is so great right now. :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-12-2019 08:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, Prague is great as a tourist as long as you stick to the city center. To actually live there, I can only imagine it's a dirty shithole.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 05:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enjoy, I think you’ll like Europe. I used to work in Paris a lot and we used to drive to Amsterdam and get hammered. Good times.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 06:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Should be a lot of good looking girls in Prague!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 06:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With aids.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Yeah, Prague is great as a tourist as long as you stick to the city center. To actually live there, I can only imagine it's a dirty shithole.

like the whole of Europe?...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

avoid the tourist traps like U Fleku and Cafe Slavia, and any other restaurace that charges western prices. there's a nice little place up behind the Castle called a divadlo pokracuje that does great goulash

in terms of stuff to look at and go 'ooh', these are all touristy but still worth seeing:

* the Castle (and Hradcany more generally), though bits that were free to look at under the communists, like Golden Lane, are now turnstiled and ticketed
* Old Town Square and the famous astrological clock; the Old Town generally
* Mala Strana and Petrin Hill. fuck the (overpriced) cable car; just walk up
* Vysehrad; old castle and gardens
* Karluv Most (Charles Bridge), if you must, but it's heaving with tourists all summer long

my own favourite spot is between the Castle and Petrin Hill, below the monastery. long flight of steps from Mala Strana to the top

i could go on...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh yeah and the Zoo is pretty fucking awesome too. defo take the 'ski lift' up to that since it's on top of a cliff

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last day of my old job was Friday. Starting my new job and career Monday. Excited and nervous at the same time.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No need to be nervous... Just get in there and start sucking cock like you always have...

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

avoid the tourist traps like U Fleku and Cafe Slavia, and any other restaurace that charges western prices. there's a nice little place up behind the Castle called a divadlo pokracuje that does great goulash

in terms of stuff to look at and go 'ooh', these are all touristy but still worth seeing:

* the Castle (and Hradcany more generally), though bits that were free to look at under the communists, like Golden Lane, are now turnstiled and ticketed
* Old Town Square and the famous astrological clock; the Old Town generally
* Mala Strana and Petrin Hill. fuck the (overpriced) cable car; just walk up
* Vysehrad; old castle and gardens
* Karluv Most (Charles Bridge), if you must, but it's heaving with tourists all summer long

my own favourite spot is between the Castle and Petrin Hill, below the monastery. long flight of steps from Mala Strana to the top

i could go on...

Awesome. Ill copy/pasta this into my phone. :) Thanks

Doombrain wrote:
Enjoy, I think you’ll like Europe. I used to work in Paris a lot and we used to drive to Amsterdam and get hammered. Good times.

Yeah theres some possibility that I'll end up somewhere UK side for a while first so we'll see. Visa stuff can be weird for me potentially.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Last day of my old job was Friday. Starting my new job and career Monday. Excited and nervous at the same time.

Just interested to ask how long were you employed in that last job?

My employment periods were approximately 2, 5, 10, 17 and 5 years, then luckily retired early :D Lucky too, I was never unemployed a day. I think that's rare.

Enjoy the new job and don't forget to step on those toes lightly. Be nice to those people you pass on the way up the ladder as you will no doubt pass them on the way down.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-13-2019 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been in the electrical side of construction since I graduated from high school. I worked for several different companies, the longest 14 years. Basically I've spent 15 years in the field and 15 years in management. Now I'm going to work on the design side of things for an engineering firm. This transition will be similar to the one I made 15 years ago when I went into management. Taking the information and experience I have and applying it in a different way. Even though I'm confident in my experience, I'm still a bit nervous about doing a job I've never done before. Worst case scenario, I go back to where I came from. Which isn't so bad. But I really do think things will be just fine.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-14-2019 09:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm thinking you'll be back low level management, cuz this doesn't sound right for u... Just a feeling...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-14-2019 11:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"nurse leach, come to the geriatric ward immediately. a bedpan needs emptying"

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-14-2019 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
I'm thinking you'll be back low level management, cuz this doesn't sound right for u... Just a feeling...

Not knowing what you're talking about gives little credibility to what you've said. So there is that.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-14-2019 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't make me destroy u and the rest of Florida... It'll be easy...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-14-2019 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bring it, dish pan hands.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-18-2019 06:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How’s the house going, DB?

Ours is on hold. Trouble with the builder we had picked. The search is back on...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-18-2019 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That’s shit news! Hope it’s sorted soon.

If anything our completion date will be bought forward. The build is complete, flooring in and the first wave of snagging has just been finished. Next is the two gardens and our private road.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 04-18-2019 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Yeah? What's the new role if you don't mind sharing? Congratulations Gramps!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-18-2019 11:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
...first wave of snagging...

Had to google that one. Not a term I’m familiar with. Sounds like you didn’t find much though. And you’re bout done! Nice!

Speaking of gardens, we were looking at the Hartley Botanic greenhouses. I requested a catalog so I could price them. Fuck they’re high! But beautiful...

Our house plans weren’t perfect, so we backed off the build. Told the wife there’s no rush. We’ve got a roof over our head, so let’s make sure everything is perfect before going forward. And somehow the house has went to 3600 sq f (including basement). It’s just the two of us, not sure we need all that room...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-18-2019 03:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Yeah? What's the new role if you don't mind sharing? Congratulations Gramps!

Construction Administrator for an MEP engineer.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.