Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
No, he really did ride at an average speed of 152mph (243kph) for 24 hours non-stop.

i already did the math fuccboi, hence the post

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-19-2017 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
How many on this ride?

This wasn't a group ride. Just me and another friend.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bought a Volvo :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it beige?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Naw man, it's black. Full on old man mobile

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:cool:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it a 5 cylinder ? :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 12:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

phantasmagoria and a black Volvo - Got to see this .... Need details or pics for sure. Say, are you going to wear a cap, you know, the type old MG drivers wear?

** I like the old man mobile quip

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

Yeah it's the V50 D3 :drool:

Whiskey, a rule for life is never trust a man driving a car in a cap :up:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Bought a Volvo :up:

Pics?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's nothing special looks wise, identical to this:

originally I wanted one of the Blackline Skoda Octavia estates but after testing this, which is like shit off a shovel, the practicality of the boot as well as it being about the most comfortable car seat I've ever sat in made it no contest. I tried a Golf too but they're so inflated on price because of the badge is hard to get a decent deal.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
It's nothing special looks wise, identical to this:

originally I wanted one of the Blackline Skoda Octavia estates but after testing this, which is like shit off a shovel, the practicality of the boot as well as it being about the most comfortable car seat I've ever sat in made it no contest. I tried a Golf too but they're so inflated on price because of the badge is hard to get a decent deal.

Looks very like a very practical A to B car :up:

Are you planning to chip it?

By the way, I'm a bit surprised you guys rarely post pics of your actual car. It's not that hard to go snap a pic with your phone, no?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-20-2017 06:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Whiskey, a rule for life is never trust a man driving a car in a cap :up:

Yes, especially true for the younger ones with caps on backwards.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-21-2017 02:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
really? i live here and i ain't heard shit :|

OX7 4JS

:paranoid:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 12:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got back from Venice to find the wife has bought me a Samsung Gear S3 Classic to replace my Apple watch. Win.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
seremtan wrote:
really? i live here and i ain't heard shit :|

OX7 4JS

:paranoid:

that's miles away in the Cotswolds :|

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 06:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

like 5 mins from Clarksons house then

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-22-2017 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah pretty much

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-23-2017 10:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is the route of our ride last weekend.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-23-2017 11:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How long does it take to cross the width of Florida?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-23-2017 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

3 to 3.5 hours depending on traffic.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-23-2017 11:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool, looks like a fun trip. Wish we had warmer weather over here, I was out on my bike the other day in just below freezing temperature. Still had fun.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-23-2017 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
This is the route of our ride last weekend...

The thread has moved on. You should too...

redline
redline
PostPosted: 11-24-2017 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yay!

Got my Dyson V8B :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-24-2017 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have bought Dyson vacs for years, ever since the first model and only the canister ones.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 11-24-2017 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Henry's are the best >:(

I knocked mine down the stairs a few months ago. He hit just about every step on the way and was still running at the bottom. He's picked up tonnes of building rubble and plaster dust and still soldiers on. Good luck with that, overpriced Dyson!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-24-2017 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We use a Shark. 5 years and not one problem. Best one we've ever owned. Thing is a fucking trooper.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-25-2017 12:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shark is mega
Once my Dyson gives up the ghost I will be getting one :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-25-2017 12:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Dyson's are the shit, for about 6 months, then they couldn't suck off a gerbil.

You just need to change the filters in them and check the brush, then they are good to go again.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-25-2017 12:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
Yay!

Got my Dyson V8B :D

morphy richards are said to be way better

just saying

i have a henry :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-26-2017 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if I have told the story where one day I was in our car park basement and about to vacuum the car after a wash and my #2 Dyson blew up. My #1 ended up at the tip/dump months before. They Dyson didn't explode but emitted so much thick smoke I couldn't find my car, the motor still doing thousands of revs and screaming... I didn't panic but managed to disconnect the power lead after groping about for it on the floor.

Now being an apartment complex basement, I thought shit, smoke alarms!!! Moments later I heard the first sounds on the alarms being triggered... I opened the garage roller door and the smoke cloud dissipated slowly. I then ventured outside to the footpath to wait for the fire brigade to arrive and they did minutes later :smirk:

I am now on Dyson #3 now and have a cheap vac for the car.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-26-2017 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I don't know if I have told the story where one day I was in our car park basement and about to vacuum the car after a wash and my #2 Dyson blew up. My #1 ended up at the tip/dump months before. They Dyson didn't explode but emitted so much thick smoke I couldn't find my car, the motor still doing thousands of revs and screaming... I didn't panic but managed to disconnect the power lead after groping about for it on the floor.

Now being an apartment complex basement, I thought shit, smoke alarms!!! Moments later I heard the first sounds on the alarms being triggered... I opened the garage roller door and the smoke cloud dissipated slowly. I then ventured outside to the footpath to wait for the fire brigade to arrive and they did minutes later :smirk:

I am now on Dyson #3 now and have a cheap vac for the car.

You'd think you might try another brand after 2 were pieces of shit?

We had a dryer go nuts the other night. Started grinding, then we shut it off and the heating element was like 'naaahhh lets just go full tilt and catch fire". That was pretty fun.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 11-26-2017 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Speaking of Dyson AvE just uploaded this

If you like engineering or learning how things work, AvE is awesome :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-26-2017 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the video PhoeniX. I like his style. I saw another of his; was it the Dyson (expensive) hair dryer. Yes and here it is :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-26-2017 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
You'd think you might try another brand after 2 were pieces of shit?

We had a dryer go nuts the other night. Started grinding, then we shut it off and the heating element was like 'naaahhh lets just go full tilt and catch fire". That was pretty fun.

IMO, they are not pieces of shit for my money. The original was purchased way back in mid 1990's, the DC02 model. I have always been one to buy early any new technology :smirk:

I forget why it died but only got rid of it in the last 2 or 3 years. I inherited the next model, the purple & yellow hepa filter one. My Dad was going to chuck it in the bin and I said I'd have for parts back around 2005. I took it to the Dyson repair shop and it was a simple rubber seal replacement costing about $15. So I now (then) had two Dyson's.

My third and current (only) is maybe 10 years old. I walked into the electrical retailer one day and they were having a half price Dyson sale. I couldn't leave without one :D

TL;DR I have owned 3 and yes, I'd buy again.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.