Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-19-2020 07:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New car incoming - a Skoda VRS.

Honestly, I think Skoda make better cars than 95% of the market lol.

Edit: I've just spent around 3 months looking at new cars for around £37 - 42k and every time i looked at what you got and what the drive was like i always had the Skoda at the top. Even trying to be objective about it, the Skoda came top. I really wanted a new merc 220d estate AMG line but it was a pile of shit.

anyway, cool story, i'm buying a 2nd hand skoda and keeping the rest.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-19-2020 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol poor ppl...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-19-2020 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol ppl whom live in America and especially Texas :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-19-2020 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wish not wearing a mask disqualified people from getting medical treatment. All the gwamps of the world would just drop dead, with their last breath cursing 5G and coronahoax.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-19-2020 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maz, you're going too far.
Don't wish that to anyone.
Give 'em a chance.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-19-2020 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They can just pray the virus away, what do they need medical science and healthcare workers for?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-20-2020 12:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Edit: I've just spent around 3 months looking at new cars for around £37 - 42k and every time i looked at what you got and what the drive was like i always had the Skoda at the top. Even trying to be objective about it, the Skoda came top. I really wanted a new merc 220d estate AMG line but it was a pile of shit.

Great cars :up:

Lady Carlos has a Merc B Class as neither of us could recommend it; the quality just isn't there

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-20-2020 01:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Testdrove the VW ID.3.
Not the comfort that you'd expect from VW. The tech is topnotch but right now not worth the price for admission.
Maybe next year.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-20-2020 06:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Testdrove the VW ID.3.
Not the comfort that you'd expect from VW. The tech is topnotch but right now not worth the price for admission.
Maybe next year.

Good to know

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-20-2020 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

Great cars :up:

Lady Carlos has a Merc B Class as neither of us could recommend it; the quality just isn't there

My Merc was solid, on a 2014 plate. My mates on a 2018 is the biggest pile of shit going, it's in the garage ALL THE TIME.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-20-2020 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just a few minutes of my trip to Virginia.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-20-2020 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4K version is up. :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-20-2020 11:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that rumble gets annoying very quickly

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 12:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps, why do you exit each corner with a little swerve inwards?

Great. Here's a tl;dw for this video:
- The video is edited like someone who has just discovered text effects and transitions in Adobe After Effects would.
- Gramps is like an obstinate teenager and plays his music so everyone can hear it.
- They're riding at geriatric speeds.
- Gramps can't ride for shit. I'd love to see Kracus tear into this as well. It's incredibly clear Gramps treats his bike like a lounge chair with wheels. I'm sure that's a common Harley Davidson rider thing to do, but it's just so sad to see. He also wobbles through corners, doesn't follow a sharp line through but kind of veers off to one side and back again. It's like someone is riding a bike with a complete disinterest in the method of transport. Gramps could be in a lounge chair carried by four Mexican kids and he'd still act like he's all tough and shit.
- Gramps can't spell "national". Writes it as "nation" in the video title and "nathonal" in the video itself. Come on Gramps, proof read your shit.
- Gramps chews gum like a mouth breather.
- It's too long, I didn't watch. It gets incredibly dull.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 05:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the noise of the engine doesn't bother me at all, it's one of the few defining characteristics of Harley that I actually enjoy when it isn't amplified to a ludicrous level. That's about the extent of what's good about this video though. It's all downhill from there so Gramps, this is where you should stop reading, I mean it's not a video so you probably didn't get this far.

It's hard to judge how good his riding is because it's akin to judging a monkey riding a jungle jim. The fact he's able to maintain that riding position for longer than 10 minutes is honestly impressive. Almost as impressive as his patriotism, I mean once upon a time it was considered an insult to America to drape the american flag on anything but a flag pole. Today however, it's perfectly acceptable to use it as a bug stop while chewing what I assume is tobacco because that somehow seems way cooler than bubble gum for the entire video. Like, is he talking to me this entire time? I'm not sure but the accompanying music says a lot about this man, it says I'm a real american but I also like eurobeats so lets mash country music and disco together and then proceed to blare it out at everyone I ride by while wearing a salad bowl on my head. Should I fall face first on the ground I'll be protected by patriotism and shattered glass in my eyes like a real man.

I am however very jealous of those roads. Those are the types of roads I crave to toss the bike around and get excited about. Gwamps however is seen providing tree's a modern rendition of cotton eyed joe while simultaneously riding a barn through the scenery. His desire to find the center line is somewhat disturbing but not surprising given that his bike is the width of a car, I guess I'd probably have a bit of a wobble on take offs too if I had to handle the weight of 3 bikes.

I am impressed with the editing though, how the screen blacks out and the music somehow doesn't get cut off is actually well done. It's too bad the video is about 10 minutes too long, I think the length of one song would be sufficient because you can't expect anyone to sit through more than that. It's like watching a tube goer go down a lazy river, after about 2 corners you've seen all there is to see there.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

This dipshit can barely control his motorcycle... :olo: ...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, i thought the minimum age to ride a Harley was 65... :olo: ...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

This dipshit can barely control his motorcycle... :olo: ...

:olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TIL gramps is no scorsese

wait, i already knew that...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watching the video, i was expecting at any moment a skateboarder to go blowing past him... Pathetic... :olo: ...

reboot
reboot
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1:45 in the clip gramps is being asked to get out of the way. In true form bobblehead gramps seen shaking his head :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Gramps, why do you exit each corner with a little swerve inwards?

Great. Here's a tl;dw for this video:
- The video is edited like someone who has just discovered text effects and transitions in Adobe After Effects would.
- Gramps is like an obstinate teenager and plays his music so everyone can hear it.
- They're riding at geriatric speeds.
- Gramps can't ride for shit. I'd love to see Kracus tear into this as well. It's incredibly clear Gramps treats his bike like a lounge chair with wheels. I'm sure that's a common Harley Davidson rider thing to do, but it's just so sad to see. He also wobbles through corners, doesn't follow a sharp line through but kind of veers off to one side and back again. It's like someone is riding a bike with a complete disinterest in the method of transport. Gramps could be in a lounge chair carried by four Mexican kids and he'd still act like he's all tough and shit.
- Gramps can't spell "national". Writes it as "nation" in the video title and "nathonal" in the video itself. Come on Gramps, proof read your shit.
- Gramps chews gum like a mouth breather.
- It's too long, I didn't watch. It gets incredibly dull.

You going to be okay bro?

- I agree the texts effects are cheesy. Cheesy is fun/funny to me. I got a chuckle out of it.
- I was playing the music loud enough to be picked up over the wind by the camera. The music cuts out for periods of time because we were in the mountains and I was losing signal.
- We were riding at approximate 50 MPH. 15 MPH above posted speed. Plus it wasn't a race. We (myself and the other riders) were also enjoying the view. Never mind the fact that I almost hit a deer on 3 different occasions during the 3 days we were there. Slam into one of those guys at an impossible stopping speed. I'll give you a racing trophy, genius.
- It's a cruiser, not a street bike. The fat front tire kit I installed gives the front end more roll. So the bike tends to wobble a bit on recovery. Nothing that isn't manageable. We were also at the end of day 3. 1600-1800 miles of riding. Most people don't ride 1800 miles in a month. Needless to say, I wasn't "fresh".
- I can spell it. You just said I did. I made a mistake. Oh, no...
- Yeah, I wish I wasn't chewing gum. It doesn't look good.
- It was too long. But I was trying to put together a complete section of road. Something that could be watched with measure. Something I thought the other guys that rode with me would be interested to see and possibly reflect on. I didn't expect that anyone but myself and those guys would watch the entire video. I expected most people would watch the first couple of minutes and skip through to the end.

Thanks for your unsolicited review. It was clearly biased and uninformed. You sound destroyed by the whole experience. Maybe you should go fuck yourself. Literally.

*edit: I know you watched all of it looking for things to shit on. You probably watched 4 or 5 times. GG's. :olo:

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 09-21-2020 04:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 04:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dekayd wrote:
1:45 in the clip gramps is being asked to get out of the way. In true form bobblehead gramps seen shaking his head :olo:

This doofus isn't serious, I hope. :rolleyes:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

You going to be okay bro?

- I agree the texts effects are cheesy. Cheesy is fun/funny to me. I got a chuckle out of it.
- I was playing the music loud enough to be picked up over the wind by the camera. The music cuts out for periods of time because we were in the mountains and I was losing signal.
- We were riding at approximate 50 MPH. 15 MPH above posted speed. Plus it wasn't a race. We (myself and the other riders) were also enjoying the view. Never mind the fact that I almost hit a deer on 3 different occasions during the 3 days we were there. Slam into one of those guys at an impossible stopping speed. I'll give you a racing trophy, genius.
- It's a cruiser, not a street bike. The fat front tire kit I installed gives the front end more roll. So the bike tends to wobble a bit on recovery. Nothing that isn't manageable. We were also at the end of day 3. 1600-1800 miles of riding. Most people don't ride 1800 miles in a month. Needless to say, I wasn't "fresh".
- I can spell it. You just said I did. I made a mistake. Oh, no...
- Yeah, I wish I wasn't chewing gum. It doesn't look good.
- It was too long. But I was trying to put together a complete section of road. Something that could be watched with measure. Something I thought the other guys that rode with me would be interested to see and possibly reflect on. I didn't expect that anyone but myself and those guys would watch the entire video. I expected most people would watch the first couple of minutes and skip through to the end.

Thanks for your unsolicited review. It was clearly biased and uninformed. You sound destroyed by the whole experience. Maybe you should go fuck yourself. Literally.

*edit: I know you watched all of it looking for things to shit on. You probably watched 4 or 5 times. GG's. :olo:

Lol what a sad pathetic narcissist... :olo: ...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^ Oh the irony. :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-21-2020 10:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay fatty with a GoPro... :olo: ...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-23-2020 06:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^ AIDS patient with dishpan hands. :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-23-2020 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I make more money in a day then u make in a year chump... Lol poor Floridians... :olo: ...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 04:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No you don't

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He knows he doesn't. He's just being an angry cuck.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-24-2020 11:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff's a poorly written bot from the late 90s.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-26-2020 04:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he belongs on whiskey's website :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-26-2020 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got the system administrator position! Gonna be a huge change for me, can't wait to get started.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-26-2020 08:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats, especially at this time.

I've also been part of the lucky ones. I'm going back to work soon for the same company but got a rise and a better job. It's hard because i've made a lot of friends in this company and lots of them haven't made it. They are good people too.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-26-2020 01:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Got the system administrator position! Gonna be a huge change for me, can't wait to get started.

what system are you adminning?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.