Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Active Forum members after a decade

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Active Forum members after a decade

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 03-03-2014 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I appreciate the people crawling out of the woodwork for this thread.

What happened to r00k anyways? He was one of my favs.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-03-2014 03:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's why he left

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-03-2014 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vileliquid1026 wrote:
I appreciate the people crawling out of the woodwork for this thread.

What happened to r00k anyways? He was one of my favs.

he needed to take his 9/11 research to the next level. He had to go underground.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k once saw Geoff unzip his human skin suit to reveal not a lizard but a slightly smaller loser inside

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 09:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saturn. Coriolis if they weren't mentioned already.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi guys, just lurking here every few months.
Q3W has been a constant internetfactor for 15 years! Many good memories, many forgotten :(

Other forums are gone and lost forever, I can't even remember some of them anymore: Crack's Joint (CWM) gone, Netwerkin (Torment) gone, Netherrealm gone....

I haven't been active in the forumscene since 2005 when I started my residency. I wonder what everybody else have been up to....

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Q3W has been a constant internetfactor for 15 years! Many good memories, many forgotten :(

Other forums are gone and lost forever, I can't even remember some of them anymore: Crack's Joint (CWM) gone, Netwerkin (Torment) gone, Netherrealm gone....

I haven't been active in the forumscene since 2005 when I started my residency. I wonder what everybody else have been up to....

Aww Saturn, nice to hear from you. Glad you're still among the lurkers ;) Hope you've been well.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh and names in no particular order, my brain hurts trying to remember those years 1999-2002:

Elkrider, ElNinio, Raw, Pauly, BibleThumper, DarkViper, hole, Dave, charliealpha, mikors, zimbabwe, turbanator, stdgeneral, reptile (for giving my deaththreats), blood.angel, merckx, Torment, Lady T, StoryTeller, LegionXS, dmmh, sysop, bliusca, feedback, diego, knowfury, juggernaut, lars63, HM-PuFFNSTuFF, busetibi, OptimusPrime, SplishSplash, denzii, farad, etc etc etc

Some of the ol' BDI crew:
Boonhammer
ChairmanMeoww
Elk
FirePhoenix (HellFire)
Joe
Ratty
Rule
Space Monkey
Son1ca
Cerberon
Dancing cow
Disco
Farad
Feared Illusion
Fleshwound
Jeeenie
JmanJeff
Lady T
Maiden
NightShade
Qantaqa
Subzero
RichmanRush
Mr.Sparkle
Fishman
FTWchamp632
Mojo Jojo
RichmanRush

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vileliquid1026 wrote:
saturn wrote:

Aww Saturn, nice to hear from you. Glad you're still among the lurkers ;) Hope you've been well.

I forgot your ol' nick.....plz tell :clownboat:

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
I forgot your ol' nick.....plz tell :clownboat:

No sir, this is all I've had. I lurked for awhile through rottingzombie before I decided to harass everyone myself.

Great list of folks you put up though :up: This thread is turning out well. Maybe because Geoff isn't ruining it.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:

:(

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 03:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Oh and names in no particular order, my brain hurts trying to remember those years 1999-2002:

every person except plained and scared

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry plained, I just summed a few people that aren't posting anymore (I think). You're still here :)

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 08:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last night I was watching a video where someone mentioned remembering their ICQ number, and mine instantly flashed into my mind. Even after more than a decade, I still remember my number, so I logged in and checked my contact list. What a blast from the past, all the Q3W names! <3

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol, I did the same today. 480646, even remembered the pw. 280 contacts, only one online was raw.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still remember mine... 33018065. No idea what the fuck my pwd is though.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can still remember both my ICQ number and also my Q3 serial off by heart. The amount of times I had to type it in when I loaded the game I don't think I'll ever forget it.

I know my driving license number too for some reason (also 16 characters, like the Q3 key). Odd.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

John Rocker :olo: :olo: :olo:

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 11:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Had a dig around my archives to see if I had anything interesting.... this below pic I feel represents the start of my "golden-era" at Q3W:

Elk, ElNinio and Sat leading BD
CB, Orio, DM and H2L on GD
I think R&R/The Void had finally hit the bottom of the barrel / listing by this point as so many newbs were wandering in innocently and getting nuked
CG and Paul J were still quite involved, and Team Arena had just been released.

PS: Not to takeaway from anything raw and DooMer did with the site subsequently, but for me, this is the era where I was hooked to this place like a crack-head :)

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Woah didn't realise I'd been a mod since 2001! Barely any of those other mods are around any more.

I even had the PhoeniX- username back then, as someone else had taken PhoeniX but never posted. I believe it was you Turb who sorted that one out for me :D.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome stuff :D

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow, nice screenshot Turb, brings back the memory. I wonder what happened to chiQ, Cyric, Elninio, etc.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember hearing about chiq a while ago... a few years ago. At QuakeCon maybe? Didn't Cyric get a job in the industry or something? Maybe I'm thinking of ChemicalBurn...

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 03:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CyriC is still a good friend of mine. He runs gamealism.com and works for a number of different companies doing walk throughs and reviews.

ChemicalBurn is a complete fucking loser living off the generosity of others.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 04:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol chemical burn... I pwned that moron into it...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 04:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

blimey. and I forget my PIN on occasion. ha.

14679463 seems like eons ago I signed up...
Wonder if ICQ is still about? Off to look...

Yes and I see the EULA is dated 2003....
Hey, I remember the password :rolleyes: but lost my friends list through PC rebuilds I guess :smirk:

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 03-23-2014 04:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, actually they have apps and shit for mobile phones and a web-based chat client. I'm surprised to see it still exists, but I can't imagine ever actually using it again.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 05:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CG was working for CBS last I heard, and DV has his own games studio for mobile games (http://www.firstpoststudios.com/). For those that remember Pezman (now that really is going old skool), he went on to be a games producer and produced the majority of the recent Tomb Raider games! I mentioned in the other thread that Orio did the whole MoH, CoD and now TitanFall thing, though I've not spoken to him in eons. raw posts more selfies on Instagram than all the female wannabe models I know... combined. I think that's everyone I still keep in some sort of contact with, other that Don Carlos, who obviously is still active here.

One person I'm intrigued to know about would be BibleThumper?

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 05:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh and Spawn... was his nick Spawn? the dutchee with Spawn avatars.... *testing my memory now*

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 05:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also found a backup of everyones avatars from December 2001...
Don Carlos

saturn

Phoenix, yours hasn't changed in all that time?! Impressive!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A couple people used Spawn icons, myself included. :smirk:

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 05:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, some interesting names in this file...

VirusEater
Doc34
Duhard (oh jesus)
Icy (what was this fullname?)
CTRLDEL
HHHRated
anticonscience
LegionXS
CC.Torment & Mrs. T.

You guys remember the Arya "situation".... still undecided on how real / fake that whole situation was.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 05:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ohh yeahh... I remember being a bit out of the loop for that one. The Aimee Love situation, unfortunately, I was all too aware of. I learned at a young age that unsolicited nudie pics are not always a good thing. :(

I still think raw actively dissuaded people from warning me about her. Didn't someone get a blowjob from her or something? Cyric? No, that doesn't sound right... :offended:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbanator wrote:
.............. Phoenix, yours hasn't changed in all that time?! Impressive!

Hey Turbanator Image

Did mine change? Just wonder as I do. I don't think so....

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.