Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Active Forum members after a decade

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Active Forum members after a decade

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-25-2014 04:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone know what happened to Quietus? He used to post on another forum I post on but his last post there was 2005.

Donny?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-25-2014 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wet cake and infinitely regressing gashes. I can die a happy man. :olo:

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 03-25-2014 06:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
Dark Metal wrote:
Don't mention Viruseater to Joe Rogan.

I remember VE doing some mistrusty things to Joe Rogan. Don't remember what

http://www.right-thoughts.us/index.php/ ... placesnet/

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-25-2014 07:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just realized Grandpa Stu hasn't posted in almost a year. And only a handful of times in the past few years...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-25-2014 10:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm still active.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 12:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
I notice how noone mentioned 4days yet, he was like the best poster ever.

His posts were like poetry of an especially hilarious sort. For example:

4days wrote:
we're pretty damn cool as countries go, but i wish we weren't so fucking stupid. went to turkey last month and stopped for a weekend on some greek island on the way back, which put us on a plane full of british holiday makers for the home leg.

this hideous snotball on the row across from us wouldn't stop crying, no matter how much his flappy-breasted orc of a mother shouted at him. the cabin crew were all busy helping other molepeople perform complex tasks like unfastening their safety belts or operating their 3-button TVs - so I carefully and politely asked the young lady if I could help. It occurred to me that his ears might be hurting with the air pressure, so I gave him a couple of jelly beans to chew on. The effect was instant with the first movement of his jaw and he shot me a suddenly wide-eyed look that said "these sweaty, week old, pain-relieving jelly beans are the best fucking thing i have ever tasted, ever".

Gave his mum the rest of the bag, who said that she'd given him a little can of coke (poor fucker only looked about 3) and a colouring book already, so I had to try and explain the pressure thing and that all he needed to do was click his jaw. Kept it brief, but I thought I made it pretty straightforward. I got her to click her own jaw (which 'ooh, makes everything louder') and even used a packet of peanuts that had inflated as an example of the principle, but I could see in her eyes that grasping the concept was like trying to catch a wet cake. it seemed to be only now that she was really seriously thinking about the fact that flying meant you weren't on the ground.

the kid was quiet so i gave up and went back to my seat, crying inside a little because i don't have an unreasonable arrogance fuelled near-field weapon that instantly and silently vaporises people who fall below an acceptable comprehension threshold.

:olo: 4gays :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This isn't a thread where you post your fantasies.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
This isn't a thread where you post your fantasies.

I don't do fantasies, I do your dad.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 12:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
dubz wrote:
i sometimes go and lookup 4days typewriter post

4days wrote:
a portable typewriter. it was a christmas present from my parents when i was 8 or 9 years old. a friend of my mothers, a woman called daphne, taught me to type.

we were sat at her kitchen table one night when she told me never to use my typewriter to write a ransom note, because the police would be able to track down the make and model. for a moment i panicked, cursing myself for having filled out the warranty card with my own details, but then i remembered that i had the same initials as my father and could pin the whole thing on him, i was in the clear.

all this flashed through my head in an instant. i managed to hide it from daphne by scratching my chest and looking at her like she was crazy. i'd deal with her when the time came.

:olo:

This guy is amazing, wish I had read more of his stuff.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbanator wrote:

This guy is amazing, wish I had read more of his stuff.

Yes I thought so too. I really like this snippet. I'd go so far as to say, classic :up:

Quote:
It occurred to me that his ears might be hurting with the air pressure, so I gave him a couple of jelly beans to chew on. The effect was instant with the first movement of his jaw and he shot me a suddenly wide-eyed look that said "these sweaty, week old, pain-relieving jelly beans are the best fucking thing i have ever tasted, ever".....

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anybody even still talk to casedogg? Its like he disappeared. We used to talk all the time then he vanished.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's popped in once or twice... I think he's pretty much gone though.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-26-2014 03:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Anybody even still talk to casedogg? Its like he disappeared. We used to talk all the time then he vanished.

That's probably why he vanished.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 01:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

eh

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 02:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh ffs

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:eek:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa man.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo <3

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
eh

yo there <3

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 12:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lo !
Anything interesting happen here recently? New quake games out yet? :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
Lo !

Well Foo me away, g'day Image

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
Lo !

Just the regular troll on troll action. Hope you're well, Foo :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 02:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread <3

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 02:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
Anyone know what happened to Quietus? He used to post on another forum I post on but his last post there was 2005.

Donny?

Sorry Pho, I've no clue. I was going to icq up the other day and got my number from Turb but my power pack blew on my machine. Balls deep in tax year end changes at work before jetting off stateside, so no time to investigate.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fender

Say ello to my l'il frien'
Say ello to my l'il frien'
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 07:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sup foo

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 07:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
fender

Yes, what of Fender?

PS: Think Casedogg fancied me :smirk: Hope not....
I can't believe his last post in 2011 :eek:

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-27-2014 08:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What was so unbelievable about it?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-29-2014 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Sorry Pho, I've no clue. I was going to icq up the other day and got my number from Turb but my power pack blew on my machine. Balls deep in tax year end changes at work before jetting off stateside, so no time to investigate.

Heh no problem. So glad I don't work for a bank, those policy changes must be a nightmare.

Going stateside on holiday?

Foo wrote:
Lo !

Hi! Long time no speak.. still in NZ?

You still in contact with Rich (Delta-V) at all? Lost contact with the guy years ago too :(.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-30-2014 04:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah still here. You at Fusion?

Nah no contact with Rich, appears he doesn't want to be contacted by anyone. I might just rock up to his folks' place if I'm ever in that neck of the woods.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-30-2014 05:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Creeeeper...

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-30-2014 07:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We grew up together until his folks moved cross-country :)

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 03-30-2014 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DBL POST GGRRR

Last edited by axbaby on 03-30-2014 08:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 03-30-2014 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Members I have met in real life.
Dark Metal
Som
Dr Watson
Inolen
Coriolis
Forgot the other dudes name we played pool with. embarrased!
Caligirl
HM-PuFFNSTuFF
CeeBee
CyriC
Phoenix
My good buddy Sixpack
Carmack
id gang

Whom have you guys met in person?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.