Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Bitcoin is tumbling

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Bitcoin is tumbling

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 07:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now's the time to watch it closely. When it drops to 20$ per coin buy it up and store it. MT Gox went down which was one of the main trading hubs and is causing the value to plummet. Last time this happened the value dropped to near worthless and the news caused it to shoot up to 1000$+ per coin, watch for a re-occurrence but don't invest heavily of course. That shit is about as stable as jelo.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this shit is no investment

its equivalent to a scratch card.

why bother when the market is rockin so heavy at the moment, and there good ligit shit on there (lol sure tho ey)

with the current state of the market its like scooping money off the ground

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It seems like every quarter... My wife's 401k jumps 50k in value... And btw... being married... That is all mine... I win...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 09:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:

why bother when the market is rockin so heavy at the moment, and there good ligit shit on there (lol sure tho ey)

It's more or less an easy way to make a quick buck since it isn't regulated. The problem with it of course is that it's never going to be a long term investment, you invest in bitcoin to make a quick buck and try to do it at an opportunistic moment. Like what's going on now.

If the past is any indication, bitcoin losing value fast creates a lot of news for bitcoins which in turn drives it's value back up. At some point it will crash again so don't be greedy, invest 100$ in bitcoin when it's low enough for you and then pull out and get a return of 5000$. I almost did this during the last crash but decided to watch instead since it was the first. Now I'm going to watch and then see if I can buy some bitcoins from some locals around town once it goes down in value enough and then sell it when the next market opens for trading. It's gamble sure but your odds are much higher than playing a scratch and win.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This ain't 1998 moron...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 10:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:

Do you do any day trading?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:

DEWM FROZ

WNTR

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
plained wrote:

DEWM FROZ

WNTR

like squirrel nuts?

i'm not sure i get that one puff

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
plained wrote:

It's more or less an easy way to make a quick buck since it isn't regulated. The problem with it of course is that it's never going to be a long term investment, you invest in bitcoin to make a quick buck and try to do it at an opportunistic moment. Like what's going on now.

If the past is any indication, bitcoin losing value fast creates a lot of news for bitcoins which in turn drives it's value back up. At some point it will crash again so don't be greedy, invest 100$ in bitcoin when it's low enough for you and then pull out and get a return of 5000$. I almost did this during the last crash but decided to watch instead since it was the first. Now I'm going to watch and then see if I can buy some bitcoins from some locals around town once it goes down in value enough and then sell it when the next market opens for trading. It's gamble sure but your odds are much higher than playing a scratch and win.

well gl with it then

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 02:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
My wife's 401k jumps 50k in value...

It takes her 8 years to make that though.

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 05:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus, which of your investment accounts will you be moving assets from for this effort?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 06:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pocket change. I wouldn't consider anything bitcoin related an investment, it's more of a gamble. Right now it's been hovering around 500$ per bitcoin which is down from roughly 1500$. I'd like it to get into the double digits before buying anything. Personally I'd like to see a huge crash to see it go down to roughly 20$ or less per coin back to what it was near the start of when they came out. Not sure that's going to happen, I expected it to be much lower than it is today.

I own stocks in my name, not street name so selling my stocks is a bit harder than it would if you were going through a Stock Broker. My stocks pay dividends though so I'm invested for the long run in those stocks, selling just isn't part of the plan since I want to use them as a secondary source of income, as opposed to selling.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 06:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah making money IS hilarious.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 07:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mtgox isn't shit. It's been flopping around like a dead fish for far too long to matter these days.

Check out https://btc-e.com/

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 07:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh I don't particularly care whether or not it's shit. I just care that it's causing the value of bitcoins to tumble. Frankly if I could artificially cause it to fall I would.

edit: Maybe someone should hack BTC-E :p

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 07:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also a cool site to follow http://fiatleak.com/

edit: Seems China is investing massively in bitcoins...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 07:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Yeah making money IS hilarious.

That's why I'm laughing and you're not.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 07:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well i respect your opinion quite a lot bitWISE.

for me bitcoin may be ok but like i say atm the market is wide open for profit

the main rule i have when investing is i never listen to anybody or anything about investing, i only invest in what i know about and what my heart tells me to.

this rule has worked very very well for me.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 02-26-2014 08:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
edit: Seems China is investing massively in bitcoins...

This happened over a month ago: http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/01/huobi/

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-28-2014 06:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
mtgox isn't shit. It's been flopping around like a dead fish for far too long to matter these days.

Check out https://btc-e.com/

it's shit

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 03-06-2014 04:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 12:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that's fucked up.

I also heard that the creator of bitcoin was finally tracked down and revealed. Watch for his death soon.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you an idiot?

Don't buy into the media ruse, kracus.
Obviously Bitcoin is not the work of one man.
It's a construct conceived many decades ago.
A backup plan that springs into action when global doom is nigh.

Forged out of the most powerful British calculators, German diesel engines, and French baguettes, Bitcoin will stand tall for all of us.
Liberate us.
Pay for this fucking pizza I expect any minute now :drool:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 08:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vileliquid1026 wrote:

That's such a non-story. Her death wasn't Bitcoin-related and the exchange she was a part of is not exactly big. Besides, Bitcoin seems to be pretty resilient so far, even in light of Mt. Gox going under.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 08:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So... anyone here heed my advice? If you did you'd be a millionaire today. You're welcome.

Edit: also... to everyone that laughed at me in this thread. Shit ain't so funny now is it?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 08:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so youre a millionaire now?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A quarter of the way there...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 09:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So no then.

still funny.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 09:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it is funny. You guys missed out on a shit ton of easy money.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
So... anyone here heed my advice? If you did you'd be a millionaire today. You're welcome.

Edit: also... to everyone that laughed at me in this thread. Shit ain't so funny now is it?

It was over $500 when you made the original post and it went up from there. It never went back down to $20 like you suspected. So a person would have had to invested $33k at the time of your original post to be a millionaire now. I doubt you did that...

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how much did you invest and what's your return been? have you sold it now?

the thing that annoys me about bitcoin is the amount of energy and effort that goes into mining (which is HUGE) is all using real, tangible resources for something that is complete make believe and bullshit.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, it’ll crash soon. There’s no way to withstand this...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-07-2017 09:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can you even turn bitcoin into cash money or anything else that you can spend? I thought it was just black markets and drug dealers who dealt with crypto currency.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.