Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Bitcoin is tumbling

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Bitcoin is tumbling

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-22-2017 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lots of dealers just shit the bed

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-22-2017 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
Thread title relevant once more.

:smirk:

Sell, sell, sell..... WAIT.... Buy, buy, buy.... err maybe :confused:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-23-2017 08:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got some Ripple and Verge bought last night. This is confusing as shit. And a lot more difficult than I imagined. But I’m already up about 25% total between the two coins.

My only problem is I’ve still got my coins on Binance. I need to get them on a wallet. I’ve ordered my Ledger, but it won’t be here for 2 or 3 weeks. Plus, I’m seeing that I may not be able to put Verge on the Ledger. I didn’t realize it wouldn’t just any coin.

Any suggestions? Paper wallet?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-24-2017 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and this is the currency they tell us should replace fiat currency, you know, cuz gubberment

any currency you can't pay your taxes in is intrinsically unstable

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-24-2017 04:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I got some Ripple and Verge bought last night. This is confusing as shit. And a lot more difficult than I imagined. But I’m already up about 25% total between the two coins.

My only problem is I’ve still got my coins on Binance. I need to get them on a wallet. I’ve ordered my Ledger, but it won’t be here for 2 or 3 weeks. Plus, I’m seeing that I may not be able to put Verge on the Ledger. I didn’t realize it wouldn’t just any coin.

Yes, don't buy anything until you're ready.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-24-2017 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also look before you leap, and remember that you get what you pay for

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-24-2017 06:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:rolleyes:

I had some extra cash and the market was way down. If I lose it, meh. I can learn as I go.

Y’all are a real bundle of joy...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-24-2017 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Can you not just keep your coins on Binance? Use two factor authentication and they should be fairly secure no?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-24-2017 08:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don’t know Puff. Everyone seems to say “a wallet is the only secure place!”

Apparently even online wallets aren’t completely safe, which is why I bought the Ledger Nano S. And now I’m reading I can’t put my Verge coins on there?

All this hassle makes me question the validity of cryptocurrency. I can’t see it sustaining until they can streamline all this shit...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-24-2017 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I don’t know Puff. Everyone seems to say “a wallet is the only secure place!”

Apparently even online wallets aren’t completely safe, which is why I bought the Ledger Nano S. And now I’m reading I can’t put my Verge coins on there?

All this hassle makes me question the validity of cryptocurrency. I can’t see it sustaining until they can streamline all this shit...

How much fiat's worth of coins do you have? I started so small that even though I'm up about 450% I'm not especially worried about someone stealing my coins. I'm not even using two factor authentication (yet anyway).

My buddy swears by his Trezor and takes security very seriously. Mind you he turned 8k into 300k in the last year so I see his concern.

As for the validity, I do think blockchain tech has real value but I'd be surprised if any of the current coins are the one or ones that will ultimately be used.

I'm in it purely because I think the trend is still upward and potential (and my actual) returns are ridiculous.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-24-2017 10:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I put $1k in Verge and $1k in Ripple. So maybe I’m being a little too overcautious about it right now. If my returns really start racking up, maybe I’ll look into moving it into an online wallet. I’d really like to put it all on my Ledger though...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-26-2017 08:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I sold my Verge (without losing anything). There’s way too much drama surrounding that coin.

Bought some IOTA to replace the Verge. Way more stable. The technology seems to be solid. We’ll see...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-26-2017 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking magic beans :dts:

i hope you all burn to a crisp when the inevitable crash comes :|

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-26-2017 01:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks cunt :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-26-2017 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seriously though, this is just unproductive speculation on nothing but vapor. you could have just donated the money you spent on magic internet money to a cancer research charity and actually done some good

cunt :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-26-2017 02:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, Pfizer's gonna use that money to cure cancer once and for all :dork:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-26-2017 03:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

uh, actually one of my friends was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer back in 2013 with only 6-12 months to live and he's still alive and well today thanks to an unapproved drug he got from Pfizer on compassionate access

there are in fact a lot of different types of cancer that all need different treatments, even when they affect the same organ, so there's no one 'cure for cancer'. also i was talking about giving the money to a charity, not a pharma company

otherwise, grouse yarn cunt :|

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-26-2017 04:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cunts all around!

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-27-2017 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-27-2017 08:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But seremtan isn’t making any money with it, so he’s just gonna be sore about it...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-27-2017 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:|

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-27-2017 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
WOOSH

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-27-2017 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Erm, wow

Me, memph and semen are the cunts...

Glad your mates ok like, is he terminal or is he cured ?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-28-2017 12:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
there are in fact a lot of different types of cancer that all need different treatments, even when they affect the same organ, so there's no one 'cure for cancer'.

a simple fact that 90% of the population seems to miss.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-28-2017 12:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No one's denying that Dr. MKJ, mine was a simplistic response to a simplistic comment made by seremtan continuing his contrarian role in a thread about a topic he has no knowledge or vested interest in :!:

Also for a Brit he's strangely protective of Pfizer considering they've been doing shit like this: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... y-drug-cma

Then again, why bother researching when you have anecdotal evidence :|

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-28-2017 01:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Glad your mates ok like, is he terminal or is he cured ?

tumours have all gone, he's been doing half-marathons

on the downside, his dad died on xmas day :(

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-28-2017 02:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey Wokezda, i did some research!

http://humantraffickingsearch.org/bitco ... ng-market/

happy now, cunt?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-28-2017 02:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had my first scare in 2017. All turned out to be OK but the process was horrid for all involved then my sister was just been told she has a rare cancer, but it completely treatable.

Cancer will get us all at some point it's a relentless bitch. I feel sorry for your friend that's a terrible sucker punch. For over 20 years now I've paid 2% of my wage to cancer research (before it was cool to do so).

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-28-2017 09:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
tumours have all gone, he's been doing half-marathons

on the downside, his dad died on xmas day :(

I can relate to that. :disgust:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-30-2017 11:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another big dip happening now.

Also ripple sounds like a scam. 1k on it is foolish.

Cancer reminds me of a joke. I like dark humor, it's like a kid with cancer, it never grows old.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-30-2017 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Edgy humour is like Madeleine McCann; it never gets old"

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-30-2017 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
On Tuesday, cryptocurrency expert Pavel Lerner was snatched by an armed gang wearing ski masks near his office in Ukraine. It was a kidnap-for-ransom scheme, but with a high-tech twist: instead of asking for easily traceable paper money, the kidnappers demanded to be paid $1 million worth of bitcoins. Turns out NY County District Attorney Cyrus Vance was right when he said we can expect cryptocurrency-related crimes (outside of cyber attacks) to be more common as its value surges. Vance made the statement after armed robbers held up a victim at gunpoint earlier this month to steal $1.8 million worth of virtual coins in New York.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/30/cry ... n-bitcoin/

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-30-2017 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Also ripple sounds like a scam.

Out of all the cryptocurrencies it seems to me like the one that is the most viable as far as stability and longevity is concerned. What makes you think it's a scam? Just the fact it's tied to a set of organisations?

I'm not trolling here btw, I'm genuinely interested

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-30-2017 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://mashable.com/2017/12/29/ripple-c ... y-currency

Quote:
Per a source at one of the major banks re XRP:
"I know of no banks that are a) using it, or b) would touch it in any way as it is controlled by a SV company and 20% of all XRP in existence were taken by the founders.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-30-2017 06:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Κracus wrote:
Also ripple sounds like a scam.

Out of all the cryptocurrencies it seems to me like the one that is the most viable as far as stability and longevity is concerned. What makes you think it's a scam? Just the fact it's tied to a set of organisations?

I'm not trolling here btw, I'm genuinely interested

There's a variety of reasons. I was going to list a bunch of reasons why I don't like it but I think that really people in general need to understand its usefulness. Why do people need cryptocurrency in their lives?

We all basically know how money is useful for a society. That's great but we need to digitize our shit. Not for the lulz but because it's fucking useful and one problem some of us have with a digital currency is how traceable that shit is. Some of the reasons we don't like that is because we like doing illegal things as a species. Now, I know what some of you are thinking. Good, don't want those bastards doing illegal shit anyway! However, as an example, I buy weed. There really isn't a good reason for it to be illegal but it is. Well... for now, for Canadians not much longer. However that is the real crux of cryptocurrency. If it's done correctly it's not just a store of value it's also freedom of certain kinds of oppression. It's a litteral power. Money is power and I don't know about you but I don't want some specific individual or group in charge of my money's value.

So I don't think ripple is a good idea because of those ideologies and I want my cryptocurrency to also be a tool and have a social function. I see that in bitcoin because it's not traceable, it provides privacy if used correctly and it isn't centrally controlled.

I think the value in ripple is pure speculation. Bitcoin too at the moment and there will be a huge crash, sooner than later but even though bitcoin may drop dramatically I don't think it'll go back to 2015 prices wheras ripple might become worthless. Once the crash happens all the cryptocurrencies that are really just get rich quick scams are gonna turn to dust.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.