Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Evolve Big Alpha

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Evolve Big Alpha

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 03:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's only a handful of games I'm looking for on the xbox one and Evolve is one of those titles and they'll be holding an early alpha test at the end of this month. I'm probably going to pre-order it after work to be guarenteed a spot in the alpha but if you're interested you can also register for a chance here. https://www.2kgames.com/evolve/bigalpha/form.php

Just use the referal code: EVOLVETOWIN and the character code 08347-97365-66457 to register.

Good luck!

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 04:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GTI.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 04:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can i watch other players cars in this game?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 04:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

These days, pre-ordering is just plainly a retarded thing to do.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was there a time when it made sense?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 05:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, before the time of digital downloads and Steam and everything, there sometimes was a run on certain popular games that may have been out of stock if you were unlucky. These days though, that rarely if ever happens anymore.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 05:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It still makes a vague sort of sense in the 'look, we have this unfinished game and have unfortunately run out of funds, please support us and we'll turn it into something glorious for you!' kind of way, but sometimes a developer will just keel over halfway and the game is DOA.

Done that with a few indie titles the last 6 months or so, most of em made it iirc. One tragically didn't, but at least it only set me back about 3 euro's.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 06:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice one Kracus

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
It still makes a vague sort of sense in the 'look, we have this unfinished game and have unfortunately run out of funds, please support us and we'll turn it into something glorious for you!' kind of way, but sometimes a developer will just keel over halfway and the game is DOA.

DayZ Standalone

seriously. it's gotten so bad some people are even playing Rust again :|

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 07:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

Done that with a few indie titles the last 6 months or so, most of em made it iirc. One tragically didn't, but at least it only set me back about 3 euro's.

For indies and kickstarter like crowd funding campaigns it's part of their business model. That doesn't go for AAA, publisher backed games.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-21-2014 01:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eurogamer's giving away alpha spots as well:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... y-giveaway

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-21-2014 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice one

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-29-2014 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So keys are being sent out from now - if anyone gets one I'm instantly jealous...unless I get one as well then I look forward to playing you ;)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 12:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Evolve Big Alpha – You’ve Been Selected

Get the fuck in - goodbye weekend

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 08:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Ryoki wrote:

DayZ Standalone

seriously. it's gotten so bad some people are even playing Rust again :|

I blame Dean Hall ?, Rocket ?, the dude was such a hack.

I'm not sure Bohemia are any better - they should've taken development off him a long time ago but going by the ARMA engine they're only a slight improvement. I'm hearing it's put on a 3 year cycle (so 4 years total), I seem to remember. A year after the announcement of the standalone version they released an openworld with a player and some zombies :dork: I'm a lazy bastard and with access to the ARMA III engine I could've done that in a month !. They said they tweaked the engine and added new AI for the zombies, some connection issues, changeable clothing and animations n all but FFS this guy has a team of people !.

The mod has already taken it a step further with Epoch, building your own structures / barricades n stuff whilst this bastard is still sodding about with vehicles.

Glad I didn't buy the standalone for a game that wouldn't of been completed for 3 years, or anywhere close within the 1st year.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Evolve Big Alpha – You’ve Been Selected

Get the fuck in - goodbye weekend

Congrats; keep us posted. Or is there some NDA attached?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 10:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure - I'll keep you posted when I get home and load it into Steam

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 11:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've got two codes, who wants one? Xbox one.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 11:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

15gig :o

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 12:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it's downloading now... might get to play before midnight

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-30-2014 12:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So just put it on to download and my PC has fucked itself :(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 12:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got a code as well, but fuck, I can't play this weekend. I didn't realize it was only a weekend's access :mad:

edit:
so yeah, if someone wants the code, give me a pm

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 09:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1st impressions is that it's a blast. Depending on how you like your shooters it may or may not be for you. Expect to be doing a lot of running around chasing the monster.

However if your team is working together it's a pretty tough fight for the monster. You have to do a lot of hit n runs.

The tracker is a really cool class though and using her effectively is pretty much mandatory if you want a chance.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-31-2014 10:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GTI.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-01-2014 03:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Monster needs to be more heavy duty - far too easy to kill at the moment

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-01-2014 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what's the story on this game? I was looking at adding it to my wish list on the Steam store, but then found out that it says that I already own it. Is that just the alpha or did I somehow end up owning the full game?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's only an alpha out right now but maybe you preordered it?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 10:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I disagree with the monster. I've killed so many groups. The kraken is pretty op if you ask me. That thing moves so fast it's almost too easy to reach lvl 3

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 11:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you have a good group you can take it down within 3 minutes

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 11:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only played Goliath by the way....

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 01:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It depends on who's playing the monster. I find a good tactic is to keep moving and ambush the hunters

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-02-2014 03:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dling now. Mint.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 11-03-2014 03:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone have a code for the PC version?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-03-2014 04:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback, I sent you a code.

I've got three more by the way, if anyone's interested.

I think the alpha lasts until tomorrow though (it has been extended until 12:00PM PST on Tuesday November 4)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-03-2014 04:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah so I just played a few games. They were a bit hit and miss.
The first game was nice, I played as a medic. The monster was tough and managed to evolve to level 3 and ended up killing us all. The next game I was a monster and I sucked because I had no idea what I had to do. The hunters were also on me in 20 seconds, so I didn't last really long. The two other games were decent. I played assault in both. In one we won and in one we lost, with the monster having evolved to level 2 and killing us with just a shed of health left.

It was pretty good fun. I thought the tracking and finding the monster was actually more fun than the actual combat, where things tended to get a bit chaotic. It ran like a turd on my laptop though and the waiting times in the pre-game setup are terrible, but other than that it's a pretty fun game.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.