Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        I just left iOS based phones

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: I just left iOS based phones

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 03:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Me too, but I know when the thrill of new phone goes and android starts playing up because of poorly controlled third party SW and piss poor batt life I'll regret not getting the iPhone 7.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah so that explains it. You're an idiot and can't tell malware from legitimate software. Explains a lot.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also were moving to android at work so I'm giving back my iPhone 5s for some oem huge oct core 1080p thing running lollipop.

It'll start crashing about a month in.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 03:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Ah so that explains it. You're an idiot and can't tell malware from legitimate software. Explains a lot.

You work in a call centre

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 03:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just got an invite for a Onplus Two. Really enjoying it so far, the battery life is great, and I'm really impressed with the camera.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 04:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Κracus wrote:

You work in a call centre

Well... again, if you can't tell malware from software I guess you wouldn't be able to tell a call center from an amazing job other people would kill for.

edit: me working in that pic btw.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 04:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Proper knee and arse burn when you come off that :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 04:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh here comes the dick waving again

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's his dick when he comes off

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 04:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Having just started scraping the pegs on tight corners this makes me cringe. I actually got a flat tire yesterday too ffs.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been using androids since the S1, as do around 80% of the folks i know. Never heard any of them (zero, none) about random crashes or batteries that appear to drain extremely fast. Well, unless i count the guy that enjoys playing with roms and periodically bricking his... but he's asking for it.

Perhaps there's such a thing as a badly assembled phone or something, god knows.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 05:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even I have a ROM emulator on mine and run it without problems. That's not to say my phone has never crashed or hung but it's happened about twice since I've owned the phone. I even have developer apps and my own apps I created on this phone. It's pretty solid as far as I can tell.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 05:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Been using androids since the S1, as do around 80% of the folks i know. Never heard any of them (zero, none) about random crashes or batteries that appear to drain extremely fast. Well, unless i count the guy that enjoys playing with roms and periodically bricking his... but he's asking for it.

Perhaps there's such a thing as a badly assembled phone or something, god knows.

Or maybe Doombrain is just a dick with a superiority complex and hasn't got a fucking clue what he's talking about.
It's obvious a singular personal experience with a product can always be extrapolated to the entire range of instances of said product, right?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 05:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Proper knee and arse burn when you come off that :up:

Not at all, I ride a ridiculous amount too.

As of a few days ago I've owned that bike for a full year and I've put over 20,000 km's on it so far. The only soreness I've had from riding was my shoulders the first few months I owned the bike and that's no longer a problem. The seat is pretty comfy and I've ridden in that position for years when I cycled a lot and gotten used to it. Only real problem is the cold, it's been about 4C here in the mornings which makes for a chilly ride to work. I COULD take the car of course but fuck that, I'll use the car when I see snow.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*when you come off = fall off :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 05:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh... yeah definitely. I really need to invest in some riding pants...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 06:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

Maybe, i just had loads of problems with an S3 over two years and none with the three iphones i've had.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-29-2015 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Ryoki wrote:

Or maybe Doombrain is just a dick with a superiority complex and hasn't got a fucking clue what he's talking about.
It's obvious a singular personal experience with a product can always be extrapolated to the entire range of instances of said product, right?

Nope, you just don't like me.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 12:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Me too, but I know when the thrill of new phone goes and android starts playing up because of poorly controlled third party SW and piss poor batt life I'll regret not getting the iPhone 7.

S6 - 128gb - £569

I think I am going to do it

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain has got it spot on. Android phones are great for that wow factor when you first buy it. Way more satisfying than any iPhone. Two weeks in though, when that wears off, you've got an Android phone, and you're wishing their was a way you could put IOS on it.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Typical clueless ignorant iPhone owners ^^^... My phone is working better than day one... Everyone who has the same age iPhone has an old battery that can't hold a charge half as long as it did new... Which was also shitty... :olo: ...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 01:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the S6 looks and feels lovely, but then android and it's many swipe screens and a thousands of menus that take you to the same place and swipe down/left/up/right to turn off bluetooth/gps/data/roaming etc etc etc

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol wut? ^^^... Seriously ur a fucking retard... :olo: ...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 04:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

edit: me working in that pic btw.

Kracus commutes to work guys.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 04:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He loves reminding us that he gets paid travel time/milage. As if that was a unique or unusual thing...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 11:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who the fuck wants to commute in the cold?? Kracus' town sounds like purgatory.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-01-2015 11:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Doombrain has got it spot on. Android phones are great for that wow factor when you first buy it. Way more satisfying than any iPhone. Two weeks in though, when that wears off, you've got an Android phone, and you're wishing their was a way you could put IOS on it.

Had an iOS phone for 5 years now - Android tablet for 2 years.
Ordered the S6 - wireless charging pad too.

I will let you know how I get on :owned:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-02-2015 03:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Who the fuck wants to commute in the cold?? Kracus' town sounds like purgatory.

Outside of BC this is pretty much as scenic as it gets in Canada. I just got to work and it was 7C on the ride in, it'll be 13C around 2pm which is as hot as it'll get today. Yeah, that's kinda cold to some people but I don't mind it. It starts to bother me around 4C and I typically don't ride if it's under -4C. My normal body temperature at rest at home is 35.1C I've been told that's pretty low on the average temperature scale. I'm not sure if that's got something to do with it or not but I definitely am usually the last to feel cold.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-02-2015 03:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

You got that backwards, you're the one with a phone that's completely locked and stuck the way it is. Building apps for it is a pain the in ass and the proprietary bullshit is enough to put me off iphones completely. because of my job, I use a lot of tech and I hate to say it, iphones are for people who aren't tech savy and androids are. That's the problem with Android phones, people who can't figure them out can't use them properly.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-02-2015 03:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mines not locked at all. I've jailbroken every single handset I've owned. Takes two minutes and makes the phone awesome.

There's a huge myth about Android phones, and it's that they're some awesome open platform that you can do whatever you want on, but it's not true. I had to install Cyanagenmod or whatever it's called on my Xperia Z2 when I had it just to get the function to skip music tracks with the volume buttons.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-02-2015 04:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol clueless moron ^^^... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-02-2015 04:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man with ugly retarded son he's secretly ashamed of ^^^... :olo: ...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-02-2015 04:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey now there is a small chance you may have a son some day

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-02-2015 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just think how short he would be... But alas no male genres in his sperm... To many more self esteem steroids... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-02-2015 05:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Said the guy whose sons either look retarded or female :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.