Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        I just left iOS based phones

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: I just left iOS based phones

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's so amusing to see these chumps still thinking I care about these phones and then rushing to the defense of their phone of choice. It just shows how insecure everyone is (and it probably says something about their penis size as well)

No one thinks that, only you. I don't think anyone's insecure on here, we've all been on here too long. Grow up.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Strange logic. You are the driver of planned obsolescence.

Well he has obsolete midget genes... Goes with the territory... :olo: ...

BTW only poor ppl have to pay for their phones...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

still arguing about phones :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 01:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
mrd wrote:

Well he has obsolete midget genes... Goes with the territory... :olo: ...

BTW only poor ppl have to pay for their phones...

Shut the fuck up jesus christ

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U mad?..

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't conflate swearing with anger, yo. I swear like a sailor. I just don't understand how someone can keep up your act for so long. You're the epitome of trivial, vacuous discourse. Why the fuck are you wasting your time posting such vapid bullshit? Don't you have hobbies or something? Fuckin' cretin. :olo:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Android is shit :up:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Don't conflate swearing with anger, yo. I swear like a sailor. I just don't understand how someone can keep up your act for so long. You're the epitome of trivial, vacuous discourse. Why the fuck are you wasting your time posting such vapid bullshit? Don't you have hobbies or something? Fuckin' cretin. :olo:

So ur mad... :olo: ...

Also... Lol @ short ppl...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 02:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why does Geoff get so upset about what phone someone uses?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because he's a fucktard, that's why.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-10-2015 04:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh fair enough Randy, that makes sense.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 10-11-2015 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nobody else is intrigued by having a full Windows 10 PC as a phone which docks into a computer? :(

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-11-2015 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a small computer that docks into a larger computer. what will they think of next

sure, if you care about your grand unified digital identity, and aren't an Apple fan, this probably gets you hard as steel

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:

Planned obsolescence is a made-up term, though, it's not a real thing. I still use an iPhone 4 as an iPod - I could easily stick a sim in it and start making calls and using apps. In fact, I do - I downloaded an interval timer for the gym the other day. That's, what, a five year old phone?

Fast product turnover makes people invent better shit, quicker. It's a good thing. I create my best work up against a deadline.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 02:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Fast product turnover makes people invent better shit, quicker. It's a good thing. I create my best work up against a deadline.

Except that the development is no longer driven by engineers but by marketing teams. It's more important to bring out a new product and market it like the second coming of Christ than to bring something revolutionary to the table. Just see how smartphone (hardware) development has stalled in the last few years, other than the obligatory CPU speed and memory increase.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 04:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The best part about having an Android phone is not having to use iTunes. It is simply wonderful to not have to use that pile of shite.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 05:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
syp0s wrote:

Except that the development is no longer driven by engineers but by marketing teams. It's more important to bring out a new product and market it like the second coming of Christ than to bring something revolutionary to the table. Just see how smartphone (hardware) development has stalled in the last few years, other than the obligatory CPU speed and memory increase.

are you going to be OK?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 05:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Nobody else is intrigued by having a full Windows 10 PC as a phone which docks into a computer? :(

Bring on the windows 10 phones... I'm game...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 05:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

Planned obsolescence is a made-up term, though, it's not a real thing. I still use an iPhone 4 as an iPod - I could easily stick a sim in it and start making calls and using apps. In fact, I do - I downloaded an interval timer for the gym the other day. That's, what, a five year old phone?

Lol poor ppl... :olo: ...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
The best part about having an Android phone is not having to use iTunes. It is simply wonderful to not have to use that pile of shite.

No shit! ITunes is so fucking bad it turned me off Apple for life...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 05:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

No shit! ITunes is so fucking bad it turned me off Apple for life...

Agreed. It's utter dog shit.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it might be time to get the Lumia 950 XL...
5.7 display
20mp camera
Removable battery and storage up to 2tb
Docking station
Etc...

November bitches!...

Jellus?...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

If development was driven by engineers, there'd be a new phone every four years, and, well, fuck that..

PostPosted: 10-12-2015 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah it's rumors but this gets me hard as steel: Image
http://www.irishexaminer.com/technow/te ... 58490.html

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-12-2015 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oooo

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 06:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

christ on a bike the three buttons on android are fucking stupid.

PostPosted: 10-13-2015 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

buttons are great, the fucking battery drain since 4.4.4 is fucking stupid. google doesn't give a shit about customer feedback and that's why as soon as there's an attractive option (win 10) I'm jumping ship.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 07:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Work have been handing these out like sweets

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/budge ... w-3619786/

Batt life is very good, but i'm also starting to remember why i disliked Android. This my last one was v3? (S3) the touch sensitive buttons drive me mad. you have to finger the edge of the phone so you don't brush one of them.

and i've been asked 198843 times what i want to open that in even after saying 'always (lol edit)'....

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
christ on a bike the three buttons on android are fucking stupid.

Clueless fuck..
The back button kicks too much ass for u to handle obviously... Love how on the iPhone u gotta tap the screen to bring up the back button on the browser then tap again to go back... :olo: ...

Also closing out previously opened apps one by one on the iPhone still the same after 8 out 9 os versions... lol wtf... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that was my number one annoyance with Android.. Being constantly fucking asked what program I wanted to use to open things.

God it's such a disorganised, mismanaged piece of shit.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It only asks u that when u dont have your defaults set or u download some other app which u might want to change to default. Maybe set up your defaults or don't downloading apps since u obviously can't handle it... ur a fucking idiot... :olo: ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, made me really appreciate Apple's ecosystem that just has apps share the framework so that they all open the same thing, rather than Android's shitty implementation of having 50 seperate image viewers, audio players etc.

Doombrain's right about the buttons, too. Fucking terrible.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Yeah, made me really appreciate Apple's ecosystem.

Fucking moron... :olo: ...

BTW unless Microsoft gets a paid version of words with friends I'm gonna have to pass on the Lumia 950xl... Time to grow up Microsoft...

PostPosted: 10-13-2015 09:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Their problem is always not nurturing the ecosystem, then canning everything before it has a chance to go anywhere (i.e. the zune). Thus I'm waiting to see if Win 10 mobile catches on or not before I buy my next phone.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-13-2015 11:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
and i've been asked 198843 times what i want to open that in even after saying 'always (lol edit)'....

This is true and incredibly infuriating.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.