Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Games you should've played...but haven't. But now have

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Games you should've played...but haven't. But now have

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-10-2015 02:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So in 2015 I am going to play through some games that I should have played through but never have. I have such a large selection of games over various consoles that I have either never played or never finished, that it a bit silly. So I will now be battling away on a few of them.

Luckily for me, the gf likes her Tomb Raider style games so the first game off my list for this year is Uncharted. I have managed to complete this game today a mere 8 years after I purchased it.

Next up on the list (and rather unsurprisingly) is Uncharted 2

Other games I hope to play this year are;

Uncharted 3 :toothy:
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Assassins Creed Revelations
Assassins Creed III
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
GTA5
Borderlands 2
Red Dead Redemption
Halo 4
Darksiders 1
Darksiders 2
Tomb Raider

Should keep me going through the on call nights, shitty weather and saving for holidays

Anyone else embarking on a similar sort of thing? Or is it just my nerdy ass self doing this? :paranoid:

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 01-10-2015 08:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thread title = inception.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2015 09:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally got around to playing The Last of Us, but I'm still early on in the game.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 01:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Thread title = inception.

Yarp....I was going to call it "Games you have been meaning to play and have finally done so", but I liked the current title better

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 01:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I finally got around to playing The Last of Us, but I'm still early on in the game.

I got this when I got my PS4 - gonna have to build myself up to play this one :paranoid:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-12-2015 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I must really play Portal through one day...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-12-2015 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Skip 3. AC2 trilogy is great tho I thought the last one was spreading it pretty thin.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-12-2015 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

:alert: :ducky: :alert:

THIS VERY INSTANT

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-12-2015 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

Seeing a clip on an old email of Portal 2 got me here :smirk:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-12-2015 01:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i really must play Portal 2. had it since it came out, still not played :/

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-12-2015 01:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I stuck in Portal 2 a couple days ago for the first time in years. The wife and I played a little coop. That's a good way to start an argument...

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-12-2015 01:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Portal 2's great, although I found it out-stayed its welcome by being just a little too long. It also lost some of the purity of the first game due to it not feeling like a series of test chambers with more of a traditional FPS style of level design instead.

Still, J. K. Simmons.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 01-12-2015 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heh, I could probably do something like this. I stalled in GTAV (console version, if it was PC i'd have milked it dry already), should really go back to it. TBH considering actually getting it on PC instead.

Borderlands 2 I started playing again mid-december after a year long hiatus. Gaming was interrupted by 2nd child being born and couldn't get back into it properly until now.

I also have uncharted 1,2,3 AND Red Dead Redemption still in the plastic... :S

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-13-2015 12:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
i really must play Portal 2. had it since it came out, still not played :/

A great game with terrific writing. It's a bit longer than needed and feels more like 3 episodes of Portal 1, or Acts if you will, but it digs deep into the Aperture lore which is totally awesome.
Also, Steven Merchant.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2015 12:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

J K Simmons and Steve Merchant were beautiful additions to the game.

MKJ is right about the lore and history of Aperture - it's utterly brilliant. One of my favourite games of all time for sure

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 01-18-2015 09:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Portal 2 have excellent sound-nice game!

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 01-20-2015 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally got around to playing Portal and Portal 2 back to back in November through December. Finished them both. Absolutely awesome games, with Stephen Merchant being utterly brilliant.

Mat Linnett wrote:

Still, J. K. Simmons.

Bloody hell, so it is! I had no idea when I listened to the voice of Cave Johnson that it's JK Simmons. I can't get away from him. I've just seen Whiplash and he was brilliant in that as well.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-21-2015 06:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

List is too long but any of the new racing games I haven't played. Problem is the market is too saturated with titles I enjoy so I have to pick and choose the ones I want to play. Ain't got time for all of em.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-21-2015 06:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DriveClub is the best for some time in my opinion

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-21-2015 06:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is that the open world one where you can drive across the US?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-21-2015 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's "The Crew"

DriveClub is a PS4 exclusive

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-21-2015 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Explains why that one isn't on my radar.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-25-2015 09:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Startend Darksiders II. Had been part of my Steam library for some time, never bothered with it. Downloaded it on xb360 for free (games with gold) a month ago, finally gave it a whirl.

Not far into it yet but I have to say, the art style is phenomenal. So far, this game looks very promising, gameplay-wise as well.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-25-2015 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought they were both metroidvania :(
I only have DS2 in my backlog

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-25-2015 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Transient wrote:

I got this when I got my PS4 - gonna have to build myself up to play this one :paranoid:

Do it, it's win. Not finished yet though.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-26-2015 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Darksiders is awsome. Darksiders 1 is better though. Metroidy over open-worldy any day of the goddam week.

I switched to playing DS1 instead. I figured I'd do 'em in the correct order. Shame I have to involve myself in graphics driver settings wankery to get vsync to work (sort of) because the setting in the game itself is broken and screen tearing is terrible.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-26-2015 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought darksiders was shit...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-26-2015 12:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? I'm not a huge fan of the hack 'n slash genre, but something in these games just ticks for me. Everything just feels big and meaty and epic. I love it. And the art style is just great. The characters and the world, it's all very nicely made. id Software should take note of DS1 to learn how to do a hell on earth setting for Doom 4.

Having said that, the games do little that we haven't seen before. There's nothing revolutionary. But what it does, it does very well and that counts for something too.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-26-2015 01:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am also a fan of Darksiders - played the 1st on the 360

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-27-2015 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've got an ATI Radeon mobility graphics adapter. I'm playing it on a laptop. It's got the vsync settings, dunno about adaptive vsync, I don't see such a setting. Only "OpenGL Triple Buffering" which is described as a setting that'll improve performance when vsync is enabled and the framerate drops below the refreshrate, but I'm wondering what exactly it does and if it works in Darksiders as well, considering that it's a Direct3D game.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-08-2015 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uncharted 2 done

What a brilliant game. Instantly into my top 10

Next...Uncharted 3

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.