Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Just booked a trip to Japan...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Just booked a trip to Japan...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 07:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Granted, it's no Florida, but it'll do, right Geoff?

We'll be there a couple weeks, starting in Tokyo, then over to Kyoto, Osaka, and back to Tokyo. We'll do some day trips, using those cities as our ports. Anyone ever been? Got any suggested sites or eateries?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 07:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice - it is on my hit list

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 08:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't Horton live in Japan? Hasn't been around in ages though.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a name from the past. He was a very entertaining poster as I recall.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Nice - it is on my hit list

he said Japan, not France :D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Horton. Looks like his last post was about Japanese vagina bread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48924&p=943398&hilit=#p943398

I'd like to pick his brain...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 10:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hit him up on PM. He might reply.

Sound bloke, Horton. One of the members here I'd really like to meet

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have fun being hated by the locals and dying in a tsunami... Chump...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
There's a name from the past. He was a very entertaining poster as I recall.

Yes he was and I recon he lurks .... Right now there are 54 guests here..

Quote:
In total there are 58 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests

:arrow: xer0s, pics or it didn't ..... :D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 02:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Have fun being hated by the locals and dying in a tsunami... Chump...

Don't be jealous I can afford to travel to one of the most expensive countries and cities in the world. :olo:

Most people never leave their own town, so I'm real happy you was able to visit a few states over...to Florida :olo:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I'm real happy you was able

Good grief.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Xeros u retard... When we go on a trip with all the kids... Anywhere it cost more than when u go on a trip to Japan... We go on about 4-6 a year.. So basically ur a moron...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also hotels and food are cheap as shit in Japan so grow up pooron...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 03:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll be there again in April. Going twice, three times a year now.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 03:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

Ok, clueless dickhead.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Clueless? The prices for hotels and food aren't more than in America... Actually less... U clueless dipshit....

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 03:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

What kind of dipshit travels to the same place over and over?... That's just retarded...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 08:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Xeros u retard... When we go on a trip with all the kids... Anywhere it cost more than when u go on a trip to Japan... We go on about 4-6 a year.. So basically ur a moron...

So you can't afford to go somewhere nice because you're forced to drag your snot nosed kids around. Got it...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 08:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Tokyo? Anywhere specific to check out?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 08:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Clueless? The prices for hotels and food aren't more than in America... Actually less... U clueless dipshit....

lol, no...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 09:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol yes...

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 09:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

um, maybe it depends which part of America you're comparing it to? Derp?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-01-2015 11:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty much any...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 01:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

Tokyo? Anywhere specific to check out?

I only ever stop over in Shinjuku because we have a large office there. normally spend one or two days getting over the lag then catch one of the Super trains to Matsumoto.

you won't be short of things to do...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 04:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.barface.net

That would be the place I'd visit first for a few drinks

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 07:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

I only ever stop over in Shinjuku because we have a large office there. normally spend one or two days getting over the lag then catch one of the Super trains to Matsumoto.

you won't be short of things to do...

Yeah we'll probably stay in Shinjuku while in Tokyo. There's several things we'd like to do in that area.

How's the language barrier? Pretty easy to get around? I've read that there really isn't any street signs. I reckon I'll rent one of those portable wifi when I get there. Google maps will be handy...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 07:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

ha, that's not far from the hotel we stay in (by Shinjuku station), well i say not far because Tokyo is MASSIVE.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 07:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

Yeah we'll probably stay in Shinjuku while in Tokyo. There's several things we'd like to do in that area.

How's the language barrier? Pretty easy to get around? I've read that there really isn't any street signs. I reckon I'll rent one of those portable wifi when I get there. Google maps will be handy...

It's OK. Most people speak english and you can ask for all your tickets in english. you'll find people are very helpful, if they can't understand you they will find someone who can.

grab one of the wifi dongles, it's great value. 60 euros for the week, i think. needs charging all the time though, and just drop it back at the station when you're going back to the airport.

by the way, if you're 1 second late for a train and it's not there, you've missed it. your tickets will be issues with a car and seat number and maybe a place to queue on the platform. most meats are raw unless you want them cooked, and don't worry, there's fast food everywhere these days.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 07:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

Looks cool. I'll check it out, thanks...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jellus! Have fun man.

I'll be spending the majority of my days off this year moving house and fun shit like that. Can't wait :(

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

right on should be awesome trip xer0s

if u are i to guitarz and u know what to look for u will most def be in the right place!

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 08:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

You have a point here. I don't know about the hotels, but I definitely felt that food prices in Japan were pretty reasonable. You can eat better quality for a lot less when eating out in Japan compared to the U.S. This is especially true if you know where to go.

Of course, you can also spend 500 USD on a meal there just as well and it's going to be some tasty stuff. I lived for a very short time in an area (Akasaka, Tokyo) with lots of very expensive restaurants and such. But even the expensive places have customary cheap lunches that you can get for about 10 USD. Keep in mind that you don't tip there.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-02-2015 10:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm stoked. I've wanted to go for ages, just never had enough time to dedicate a proper trip. And my guess is two weeks still won't be enough...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-21-2015 10:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bout to board a plane to Tokyo.

Have fun in your mud hole, Geoff. Hope you get the privacy fence thing figured out...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-21-2015 10:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lucky lad - enjoy buddy

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.