Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quake V: Arena

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake V: Arena

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, what would you like to see in a new Quake game, or what would you definitely not want to see? I assume no one wants sparkles when you kill someone or having a pay2play system, but what else would you like to see?
(This discussion has probably been here countless times, but I'm new and the forums are quiet anyway so why not)

For me, I hope they won't introduce weapon customization, I think it takes away the skill part and you focus less on the tactics, although it seems like any modern shooter/game needs customization these days.
Maybe added classes like in Destiny, only not as lame as in Destiny?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm Quake doesn't belong on consoles for starters.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 03:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would definitely not want to see Piddla in a Quake 5 game...

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
Hmm Quake doesn't belong on consoles for starters.

I agree, but it's the only decent art I could find
Here, fixed: Image

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better :up:.

The problem is I think Quake would be quite hard to sell nowadays, most of the kids would have probably never played Quake 1-4 so why would they pick up the 5th.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 04:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake is dead.

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Let's just change the subject to what :id: should do right in their next game. Basically Q3A with better graphics and some minor new features but with a different name?

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 04:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Although I doubt that that'll sell these days. Kids either don't have good taste anymore *cough*Leage of Legends*cough*Dota*cough* or they think a game needs thousends of options (eg weapon customization) to be good

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dota has an insanely high skill cap. Have way more fun (and anger) playing Dota with friends than any other game in the last decade.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 06:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess Overwatch will be really good!

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 06:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck off Farto :olo:

PostPosted: 03-05-2015 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

slayed :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
slayed :olo:

Good points for trying :up:

Hey Porto. Welcome.

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi Whiskey
And to everyone insulting me: 1v1 irl fgt, ill fckn rek u

:olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 02:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

REKT!!!

I would like an area based game with simple weapons and fluid movement (Not unlike Reflex) but without the stake gun jumping guff.

Bring everything back to basics and make it about skill.

PostPosted: 03-06-2015 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Porto wrote:
Hi Whiskey

ill fucking bash u m8, swear on me mum

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 04:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what did u just say about me u lil bitch

etc

Q5A - if it ever happens - should be kept simple and straightforward, like Q3A, but look better. it should definitely not have any of the following: lens flare, overuse of pipes and crates, secondary fire modes, pay-to-win, or gay combo attacks

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 07:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Porto wrote:
Hi Whiskey

u are 1 fucking cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol fuckin sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil fuckin gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only the English could ruin the English language as much we do :tard:.

Though Porto's IP doesn't put him in the UK, so he's probably not English.

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not English, indeed. I'm flattered that you think my English is so good though.
But how do you see my IP? Are you moderator/admin?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, you already said you were from Amsterdam so..

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
REKT!!!

Bring everything back to basics and make it about skill.

:up: :q3:

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 08:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if PhoeniX read that so..

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Porto wrote:
I don't know if PhoeniX read that so..

I'm a moderator; I see lots of things :paranoid:.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
fuck off Farto :olo:

Poorto :olo:

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 03-06-2015 04:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: Puto :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-09-2015 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: borto :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-09-2015 06:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Porto wrote:
Hi Whiskey

u are 1 fucking cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol fuckin sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil fuckin gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer.

I totally heard DruM doing Michael Caine when I read that :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.