Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Cell Lab

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Cell Lab

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2015 04:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dunno why but I was browsing games on my android which I rarely play games on and saw this game called Cell Lab. It's free and oddly there's not a single ad on it which I was expecting and gave it a go. Well fuck me, I haven't played a game this long on my phone in ages.

Basically you work with a microscope and create cells on a petri dish and modify the genomes of those cells to experiment and see what results you get. It's not a super easy game to get into but once you get the hang of the genome editor and start building experiments it's pretty interesting.

You'll have to beat challenges like creating a cell that multiplies into 600 more cells without using sunlight as en energy source and stuff like that. It's probably the best time killer app I've ever installed on my phone and it's completely free!

app link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... g.cell_lab

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2015 04:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds a lot like Plague Inc which is massively enjoyable

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-29-2015 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So's your butthole HAHA

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-29-2015 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

great

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-30-2015 03:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I used radiation to mutate cells and let them evolve on their own over the course of several hours while slowly reducing the amount of food and light I provided them. I expected the average population to die out to about 60 cells or so but instead I've engineered some kind of super cell now that has a population of 750 cells. So I tried reducing the food some more but no dice.

This game is really something. One of the challenges I'm doing now is eradicating a specific type of invasive cell. I noticed there were 8 at the start of the level and I have the ability to put down 8 of my own cells. Figuring I was clever I inserted my poisonous cells that like to eat everything into these new cells I've never seen before that have somehow been engineered to create a defensive wall around themselves. I figured from the inside they'd be easy pickings but nope.

The protective walls broke and they shot out everywhere creating more of themselves and leaving mine to starve. I really can't get enough of this game.

This game is what the initial mini game in spore should have been like.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-05-2015 12:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you'll also use bullshit to mutate this experience into a time you worked as a scientist in five years or so, no doubt.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-05-2015 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.