Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        DOOM E3 2015 trailer sneak preview

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: DOOM E3 2015 trailer sneak preview

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-22-2021 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can we rename this thread to phant's links to doom OST remixes that no one gives a shit about?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-22-2021 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't hear the difference with the original ;)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-16-2021 11:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-17-2021 02:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-17-2021 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks awesome but also fuck you very much >:E

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-17-2021 10:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's all so very Diablo3.
Also Endgame much? :P

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-18-2021 12:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tomorrow?
As in, it'll be out tomorrow?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-18-2021 02:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Indeed

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-18-2021 03:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Also Endgame much? :P

My thoughts exactly

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-18-2021 03:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Tomorrow?
As in, it'll be out tomorrow?

I think a bit later on today it'll be available

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-18-2021 06:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yah, Steam just started downloading an 11GB update for Doom Eternal. Wonder what that is ;)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-18-2021 08:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The game's already kicking my ass 10 minutes in and it left me with a feeling of "why do I even bother" more than anything :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-18-2021 08:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What difficulty level?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-18-2021 09:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hurt Me Plenty :(
I must say it all felt a little rusty on my end though. Need to find that flow.again.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-20-2021 04:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Hurt Me Plenty :(
I must say it all felt a little rusty on my end though. Need to find that flow.again.

Had the same thing, but I'm getting back into it now.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-20-2021 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm about to finish up the dlc, and most of the new additions are quite shit. Adding monsters that need to be killed with a specific mod or ability is lame. It's still fun despite that but they really need to not go that direction in the future.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-20-2021 02:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:UP:

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-20-2021 10:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didnt much care for the final fight, it was a bit tedious. You gotta bait out a counter attack and it can take awhile for him to do the dang attack. if you happen to get hit he siphons your health negating the damage you finally had a chance to dish out. It's like 5 phases of the same thing.

I liked the hammer ability though, it's more interesting than the sword which is basically just another free kill mechanic

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-22-2021 11:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
I'm about to finish up the dlc, and most of the new additions are quite shit. Adding monsters that need to be killed with a specific mod or ability is lame. It's still fun despite that but they really need to not go that direction in the future.

I've gotten to the bit you are on about...terrible really

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-22-2021 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:

Yep

DooMer wrote:
I didnt much care for the final fight, it was a bit tedious. You gotta bait out a counter attack and it can take awhile for him to do the dang attack. if you happen to get hit he siphons your health negating the damage you finally had a chance to dish out. It's like 5 phases of the same thing.

I liked the hammer ability though, it's more interesting than the sword which is basically just another free kill mechanic

Yep yep

Also it was a lot easier than Part 1. I killed the stupid Schreechers on purpose just to fight essentially two spirit-buffed Marauders at once for shits and giggles.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-23-2021 11:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait did they get rid of Mick Gordon's menu music? >:E

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-23-2021 01:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agree with pretty much all that's been said here about Ancient Gods pt2. It's easier than pt1. I didn't encounter any really frustrating bits, although I must admit I skipped every second round of the special battles (first part nets you a hammer upgrade, second part a cosmetic item).

I'm at the final boss now. Haven't beaten him, but closed the game because I got tired of getting him halfway down his health only for him to completely fill up again. I literally fought him 25 minutes without making any progress. He wasn't really capable of killing me, but it's also entirely unclear to me how to reliably trigger the counter-able attack. Do I understand correctly you need to get close to him to bait him? I did that all the time, but it felt like sometimes 2 minutes passed without him actually doing it.

I'll try again tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep now.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-23-2021 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You should try the second gore encounters, they're tough but easier than the slayer gates from Part 1.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-24-2021 05:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I beat the final boss. When will devs learn that bullet sponge bosses really aren't that much fun?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-24-2021 06:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's weird that the Dark Lord of Hell couldn't summon any challenging minions to help him out other than a bunch of lame, weak astral projections. I think it would've been more interesting if he would shield up to heal himself while spawning demons.

Phase 1: Dark Lord fight
Phase 2: Retreats and spawns 3 tyrants
Phase 3: Dark Lord fight
Phase 4: Retreats and spawns 3 marauders
Phase 5: Dark Lord final fight

Would've helped break the tediousness of doing the exact same thing over and over again.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-24-2021 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I beat the final boss. When will devs learn that bullet sponge bosses really aren't that much fun?

well they tried something different with Doom2 in '94 and till this day they still get shit for it so.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-25-2021 07:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Agree with pretty much all that's been said here about Ancient Gods pt2. It's easier than pt1. I didn't encounter any really frustrating bits, although I must admit I skipped every second round of the special battles (first part nets you a hammer upgrade, second part a cosmetic item).

I'm at the final boss now. Haven't beaten him, but closed the game because I got tired of getting him halfway down his health only for him to completely fill up again. I literally fought him 25 minutes without making any progress. He wasn't really capable of killing me, but it's also entirely unclear to me how to reliably trigger the counter-able attack. Do I understand correctly you need to get close to him to bait him? I did that all the time, but it felt like sometimes 2 minutes passed without him actually doing it.

I'll try again tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep now.

The final boss is bullshit - utterly terrible

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-25-2021 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like they ruined the game... Pass...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-25-2021 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
The final boss is bullshit - utterly terrible

I haven't even mentioned his design. I mean, the lord of hell, the maker of everything, he's a dude in a mech suit? While I loved the design of the level before the boss fight, I'm just a little disappointed he wasn't really hellish at all.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-02-2021 12:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, I finished this. Final boss was weak to be honest. Not that well designed and very boring. Especially after some of the other things you've fought along the way.

What would have been a better ending is a literal 1v1 against him; a proper arena fight!

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 04-06-2021 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
well they tried something different with Doom2 in '94 and till this day they still get shit for it so.

Interesting. Could you explain / link to an explanation?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.