Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        DOOM E3 2015 trailer sneak preview

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: DOOM E3 2015 trailer sneak preview

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 05:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OH! There's more!

Doom in hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpBwgu ... u.be&t=766

Can't embed it because it starts at a specific point in the video.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 05:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay, saw the video myself now. I'm sold.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wait, you havent seen that yet?
again with the yellow, and small groups of enemies.

Presentation note: for a game that's touted to be 'fast', stop moving the aim around to gawk at the scenery. It doesn't quite capture the speed you're advocating.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 05:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's obviously not a level that's going to be an integral part of the final game, so there's a good chance it's been built specifically for this demonstration.

the base level is supposed to be lvl2, while the hell level is halfway through the game.

Quote:
Id Software exec producer Marty Stratton said that the first part shown from the next Doom was from the second level of the game and Hell level was from about halfway through.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 05:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So in level two you get to pick up the shotgun (plus rapid fire thingy), the super shotgun, the machine gun, the heavy machine gun and the chainsaw? Weird.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 06:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The games looks amazing...u guys are fucking idiots...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 06:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

Presentation note: for a game that's touted to be 'fast', stop moving the aim around to gawk at the scenery. It doesn't quite capture the speed you're advocating.

No I hadn't seen it yet, only the base level.
I think it's too early to judge for the speed. As I said, I really think the use of a controller and the way the player controls the camera makes it look much slower than it could be. Combine that with perhaps this being the lowest difficulty level and you get something that looks a lot more tame than the real thing. Is that a presentation mistake? You damn right it is, but I have a feeling the game might be a lot more intense to play than they're letting out here.

Also, small groups of enemies? That hell gameplay is one long stream of incoming enemies.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 06:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm with you, I'm not judging speed it's just a huge mistake presenting it the way they did.

Also long streams of enemies does not frantic gameplay make. Look at Serious Sam 2.. sure you had like 1000 kills per map but they all came in one stream from one direction. snorefest.

We'll see. I was hoping for something a bit more exciting and after the failure of Doom4 and the crowd they lost with Rage and Doom3 you'd think they'd give it their all.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea that is the perfect word for what i like about the :id: .

frantic game play!

the visuals look cool as far as i can decern from the clips

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
feedback wrote:

It actually looks a lot shittier than I remember it. I don't mean graphically, but compared to the final game, the E3 demo looks incredibly unpolished.
Because of this video, I've been watching a bit of Doom 3 gameplay and that game still looks pretty damn awesome. For a game that's almost 11 years old, that's a huge credit to id Software's talent.

OK! I just went ahead and bought the Doom 3 BFG edition. Played the new "Lost Mission" for a bit and fuck all you nay sayers. This game is still bloody awesome.

Resurrection of Evil sucked because it was made by another studio, but Doom 3 itself is still one of my favourites and has held its replay value since day 1. I just want Hell on Earth ffs

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 11:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/06/18/fans ... ours-speed

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 11:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doom must be sexist or something. Anita Sarkeesian on the Doom presentation at E3:

Quote:
It’s really troubling (and depressing) that the #BE3 audience is enthusiastically cheering for bodies being ripped apart.

Quote:
This level of extreme violence shouldn’t be considered normal. It's not an excuse to say it’s expected because DOOM. That’s the problem

Men and their male power fantasies! Grrr!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 02:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:

that is fucking awsome.

The original Doom was a 16-colour game. The colours in the new Doom game don't need "fixing". Your brain needs fixing; with a hammer! A hammer's what you fix things with, isn't it? Just ask Jeremey Clarkson. Wrong thread? :olo: Just kidding! :rolleyes:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 02:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/06/18/fans-fixing-new-dooms-colours-speed

awesome :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 02:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
The original Doom was a 16-colour game. The colours in the new Doom game don't need "fixing". Your brain needs fixing; with a hammer! A hammer's what you fix things with, isn't it? Just ask Jeremey Clarkson. Wrong thread? :olo: Just kidding! :rolleyes:

retard

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 02:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
OH! There's more!

Doom in hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpBwgu ... u.be&t=766

Can't embed it because it starts at a specific point in the video.

Yah. Sold.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 04:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
DTS wrote:

retard

256-colours, actually.

and if you want to get pedantic about it, 3584 colours. the game could only show 256 colours on screen simultaneously but uses a palette swap system to load a different set of colours if needed.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
The original Doom was a 16-colour game.

Dumbass.

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 06-20-2015 06:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm afraid it is going to suck.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 10:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some Multiplayer gameplay footage.
Looks a lot faster and more colourful, so that's good.
Some copouts tho, like doublejump and a translocator.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 11:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It actually looks like it plays a lot like Quake 3...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
doublejump and a translocator.

oh hello every UT game ever

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 11:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
MKJ wrote:
doublejump and a translocator.

oh hello every UT game ever

This

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 11:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Registered for the Alpha on PC and PS4

redline
redline
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks fun, looking forward to it.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have to wonder if ID will ever have another original idea that generates any success.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think so :/
Bethesda will just use the names they acquired from id....

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PvP has moved on from these corridor shooters. haven't id heard of Ark, Rust, Squad, H1Z1, Arma III BR/Wasteland..? it's all about the big open worlds, slow build-up, depth and tactical gameplay now - at least on PC. clearly id have decided to pander exclusively to dirty console peasants instead; even the map editor for Doom screams console

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 05:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks kinda fun :D Definite UT vibe going on there. Probably will never play it interesting to watch anyway.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-22-2015 08:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
PvP has moved on from these corridor shooters. haven't id heard of Ark, Rust, Squad, H1Z1, Arma III BR/Wasteland..? it's all about the big open worlds, slow build-up, depth and tactical gameplay now - at least on PC. clearly id have decided to pander exclusively to dirty console peasants instead; even the map editor for Doom screams console

I wonder why people still make 2D platformer games. Haven't they heard of Mario 64, Ratchet & Clank, Banjo Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Jax & Daxter? It's all about the big, 3D worlds now.

:offended:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-23-2015 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why? haven't they heard of Terraria, Worms Revolution and Mount Your Friends? it's all about 2D platformers now

:tard:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-23-2015 10:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I don't think so :/
Bethesda will just use the names they acquired from id....

Ah yes, we are all supposed to hate Bethesda but secretly we love them for now we can blame them for all id's shortcomings.
:rolleyes:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-23-2015 11:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has anyone here played it yet?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-23-2015 12:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
why? haven't they heard of Terraria, Worms Revolution and Mount Your Friends? it's all about 2D platformers now

:tard:

Bit thick today, aren't we?
II was trying to make the point that no matter what the current hype is, it doesn't invalidade the existence of what came before, or, in fact, the continuation thereof.

Just because there's games like Rust and DayZ doesn't mean that a game like Doom shouldn't be made. They're totally different genres that only have the first person view in common.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-23-2015 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i got that fucknuts, i was taking the piss. wipe the sand out of your vag

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.