Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Flying cat

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Flying cat

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking cats :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 06:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like how the cats first instinct was to alert the humans and not jump out. If it's smart enough to know the humans were responsible for its predicament I can only imagine wtf it was thinking when it realized how high it was.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 06:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What type of aircraft is that?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 06:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good question Xeros, i'm glad that you ask. Close inspection of the fuselage points to it being an F35 Lightning, the US Marine version if i'm not mistaken. You're welcome.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Good question Xeros, i'm glad that you ask. Close inspection of the fuselage points to it being an F35 Lightning, the US Marine version if i'm not mistaken. You're welcome.

the US can't afford missiles so a cat it be

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 06:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's what you think, but in secret, these cats are autonomous robots that can be airdropped into enemy territory and wreak havoc there.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we could also use squirrels that are GPS guided

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

Really? It looks like some kind gyrocopter. Thanks for the clarification...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 07:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and here was me thinking this would be the one place on the internet I wouldn't see this

thanks, q3wbama

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

then again, it was worth it for this top quality piece of sheer bullshittery

Ryoki wrote:

:up:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, due to recent studies and theories of feline vision, I'm not sure the cat would be entirely aware that it was a great distance above the ground. Things the human eye can resolve sharply at 100-200 feet appear blurry to cats. The same object would become clear to a cat at a distance of around 20 feet.
Therefore, if the cat were to jump off of the wing, its demise would only clarify well past the point of terminal velocity.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Ryoki wrote:

Really? It looks like some kind gyrocopter. Thanks for the clarification...

:olo:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Also, due to recent studies and theories of feline vision, I'm not sure the cat would be entirely aware that it was a great distance above the ground. Things the human eye can resolve sharply at 100-200 feet appear blurry to cats. The same object would become clear to a cat at a distance of around 20 feet.
Therefore, if the cat were to jump off of the wing, its demise would only clarify well past the point of terminal velocity.

I'd go as far as to say it's not really the raw ability of our visual mechanism... most of our stereoscopic abilities probably fail within a few feet or so... the only thing that keeps us from losing all perspective, is our ability to use objects as points of reference. for example, if we knew what tree we were looking at, then we could use its size to guestimate just how far it really is. Now all this is happening subconciously and u only really notice the end result which is some percieved notion of depth... after 50 feet or so (if not less!) I really doubt our stereoscopic vision has anything to do with our ability to objectify distances.

How much does intellingence vs raw instinctive processing play a part in figuring all this I'm not really sure, but I'd bet we have a much better understanding of visual distances than any other animal.

so what i'm trying to say is, even if a cat had the same visual abilities as we do, that might not be enough to judge just how high that plane was.

Last edited by Tsakali on 06-22-2015 09:48 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 09:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:

I've read that some cats will survive their terminal velocity. I've personally seen a cat jump down from a 3rd floor before.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 10:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so, remissive velocity then.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 05:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking cat. I would have just grabbed it and thrown it into the air.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it was already in the air

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good one.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 05:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Mat Linnett wrote:

I've read that some cats will survive their terminal velocity. I've personally seen a cat jump down from a 3rd floor before.

its a fascinating fact, you could be throwing cats from airplanes and 90% will survive, minor injuries mostly because they only get to like 80-90kmh.

beats a fireworks show if you ask me

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-22-2015 06:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

better then flying frogs from Magnolia

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 12:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
so what i'm trying to say is, even if a cat had the same visual abilities as we do, that might not be enough to judge just how high that plane was.

Knowing cats, it would land on its feet and walk away indignantly.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 12:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it would first lick its tail or something, like nohing happened in the first place.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cat with buttered toast: endless energy source

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 01:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 04:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
... its demise would only clarify well past the point of terminal velocity.

I guess the cat would have survived the fall from this height with maybe a broken bone.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.