Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Now ain't this a trip down memory lane?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Now ain't this a trip down memory lane?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Part of me is hesitant to write this, mainly because I am afraid of the repercussions that might happen, but here goes anyway. I don't know if this belongs in The Void, if it does: sorry! Here goes nothing.

Hi, it's been a fucking long time, and it's very nice to see you all!

There, I said it. I can't believe it has been something like 15 years since I registered on this site. If you don't remember me, don't read on, but I don't blame you, I wouldn't remember me either, I think. I have so many memories, or should I say, feelings, from this place, because the truth is I don't really remember that much. I remember you guys, the names, Doombrain, sys0p, Feedback, MKJ, xer0s, Ryoki are just some of the names that I remember, but really, I am really impressed to see that so many of you are still posting here. A lot of my time in my teenage years were spent here, posting, reading, socializing, getting owned (a lot), whatever happened. My mind struggles to comprehend that so many of you were such a large part of my life, both in good and in bad, and yet I don't even know any of you. I don't even know what you all look like.

I don't really know the purpose of this post really. I think coming back here just made me really nostalgic and sentimental, and I wanted to say hi to everyone and appreciate the uniqueness of this place, back in the early 2000's (and since, I guess). So thank you, for the good times, and the bad.

By the way, this is (obviously) not my old account. I registered this one back in 2006 or something, when someone on here was using my personal details as an alt (I think that username was Zimbo). If anyone knows if I can get access to my old account (Zimbabwe), then let me know. I would rather use that, than this new one.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TheRealZimbabwe wrote:
Part of me...

Fuck u...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I remember you. Welcome back.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 06:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh hey it's whatshisface. I remember you, though I'm struggling to remember the details.

tell us more sir

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 06:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also pm me the mailaddress you used to register Zimbabwe and the one you'd like to use now so I can reset your stuffs.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh hi, been a while.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
oh hey it's whatshisface. I remember you, though I'm struggling to remember the details.

tell us more sir

I would tell you details, but I am struggling to remember them myself. I remember mostly good things, this was the place to connect back in the day for me. Part of the reason I stumbled back here was because I found some stuff from when I used to admin a place called doomIIIfiles.com back around 2003 with Diego Con Carne from here (is he still around, I hope so :paranoid: ). I remember posting a photo of my and two of my friends sitting around acting really silly, playing cool and shit, which I got a lot of shit over. Rightfully. I remember bits and pieces here and there, but it's really vague. I remember raw had a brother who used to do snake-stuff with the Jackass-guys. I remember a lot of playing Q3DM17, and getting my ass kicked.

Back then I wanted to be a programmer, make games, something like this. Now, I work as a showrunner for a Danish comedy-show on national television, going into our second season (first really big season, really), so things are pretty different. But I am happy I never chose the programming route, because I never did manage to go beyond "Hello world", really.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 06:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh hi...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 07:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello world!

I do remember you though.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diego hasn't posted here in eons, and probably won't ever again after his chum GKY abruptly departed in a cloud of salty tears

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 09:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I expect GKY will some day return. But I also said the same thing about CWM.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TheRealZimbabwe wrote:
MKJ wrote:

tell us more sir

I would tell you details, but I am struggling to remember them myself. I remember mostly good things, this was the place to connect back in the day for me. Part of the reason I stumbled back here was because I found some stuff from when I used to admin a place called doomIIIfiles.com back around 2003 with Diego Con Carne from here (is he still around, I hope so :paranoid: ). I remember posting a photo of my and two of my friends sitting around acting really silly, playing cool and shit, which I got a lot of shit over. Rightfully. I remember bits and pieces here and there, but it's really vague. I remember raw had a brother who used to do snake-stuff with the Jackass-guys. I remember a lot of playing Q3DM17, and getting my ass kicked.

Back then I wanted to be a programmer, make games, something like this. Now, I work as a showrunner for a Danish comedy-show on national television, going into our second season (first really big season, really), so things are pretty different. But I am happy I never chose the programming route, because I never did manage to go beyond "Hello world", really.

Glad to hear about your success with the comedy. Now make some maps!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 09:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm liking this fellow's positive attitude.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 11:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember those pics too, weren't they regarded as being the epitome of "Wigger" at the time?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 11:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd rather take a trip down mammary lane, if ya know what I mean...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 11:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

welcome back, you x

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ey!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

pining for GKY are we?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welcome back :D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 03:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
xer0s wrote:

pining for GKY are we?

:olo:

Yeah... :tear:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember you... just the name though. Diego Con Carne hasn't been here for eons... neither has raw.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 08:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I owned raw off the site, he won't be back.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-07-2015 12:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diego had the best icon, i miss him.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 07-07-2015 12:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Zimbabwe, welcome back. I recently had the same thoughts. I've spent bizarre amounts of time on this forum and the quake community. And I don't know the names of 99% of the people I have spent countless hours playing/communicating with. Except for the stupid nicks.

Life goes on.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-07-2015 02:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
I'm liking this fellow's positive attitude.

Give me a couple of weeks on this place, and I will probably be rotten to the core again.

Mat Linnett wrote:
I remember those pics too, weren't they regarded as being the epitome of "Wigger" at the time?

I am pretty sure they still are. That's what you get for acting silly and posting it on the internet. Thank god it was before the age of memes, it could have gotten really wrong.

Doombrain wrote:
welcome back, you x

I remember you most of all, Scarecrow!

saturn wrote:
Life goes on.

I used to think that too, once. But then I came back here and realized that, no, it does not.

Ryoki wrote:
Diego had the best icon, i miss him.

I am struggling to remember, but was this it?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-07-2015 02:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure, let me study it closely for a bit...

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 07-07-2015 03:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welcome back, don't remember you, but another old member returning is always appreciated.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-07-2015 09:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Diego hasn't posted here in eons

mrd wrote:
Diego Con Carne hasn't been here for eons...

get ur own material funboy

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-07-2015 09:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zimbabwe wrote:

i find the lack of sideboob in this gif disturbing

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.