Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Donald J. Trump
10 mins ·

Based on the incredibly inaccurate coverage and reporting of the record setting Trump campaign, we are hereby revoking the press credentials of the phony and dishonest Washington Post.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol what a touchy spaz

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After massacre, Trump speech takes 2016 race in a scary direction

Quote:
Hillary Clinton delivered a speech midday in Cleveland yesterday, reflecting on Americans’ efforts to come to terms with the massacre in Orlando a day earlier. “Democratic and Republican Presidents have risen to the occasion in the face of tragedy,” she said. “That is what we are called to do my friends, and I am so confident and optimistic that is exactly what we will do.”

Clinton’s remarks included literally no references to her GOP opponent. In fact, the speech didn’t mention Republicans at all, except to offer occasional bipartisan praise. The point was to emphasize Clinton’s belief that this is a “moment when we all need to stand together,” with a “sense of common purpose.”

A few hours later, Donald Trump delivered a speech of his own in New Hampshire. It was, to my mind, arguably the scariest American speech of my lifetime.

In a speech reacting to the massacre in Orlando where 50 people were killed, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump doubles down on his proposal to ban immigration of Muslims, and he expanded his proposal to “suspend immigration from areas of the world where there is a proven history of terrorism against the United States, Europe or allies.”

Speaking at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics Monday, Trump did not mention foreign policy, discuss the fight against terrorist group ISIS, or propose solutions to combat hate or extremism, instead he said the attack early Sunday morning at the Pulse nightclub was the result of the U.S.’s immigration policies.

In December, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was asked about Trump’s call for “a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” The Wisconsin Republican wasn’t pleased. “This is not conservatism,” he said, adding that Trump’s proposal “is not what this party stands for and, more importantly, it’s not what this country stands for.”

That may have been true once, but in 2016, Donald Trump is the dominant figure in Republican politics. Confronted with a brutal massacre – committed by an American on American soil – the presumptive GOP presidential nominee had an opportunity to show what kind of leader he intends to be. He did exactly that – which is precisely the problem.

Relying on a prepared script and trying to read from a teleprompter, Trump relied on a combination of demagoguery, ignorance, and lies to present a platform that assaults American values in ways that should be disqualifying.

The falsehoods in his remarks came so often and so quickly, it was enough to push professional fact-checkers into retirement. Trump said the Orlando shooter was “born in Afghan,” for example, which is both untrue – the gunman was born in New York, not far from where Trump was born – and bizarre given that “Afghan” is not a place.

Then again, for a presidential candidate who believes people born in Indiana are “Mexican,” perhaps this wasn’t too surprising.

But this was just the tip of a mendacious iceberg. Trump lied about the number of refugees coming to the United States. He lied about the vetting process for refugees. He lied about NATO’s counter-terrorism efforts. He lied about Clinton’s approach to gun reforms. He lied about the Obama administration’s policy on intelligence gathering.

This, however, isn’t what made Trump’s speech so frightening. Rather, more important than his uncontrollable lying was the desperation with which the Republican candidate hoped to sow the seeds of distrust, suspicion, and fear. Consider this excerpt from the remarks:

“Now, the Muslim community, so important. They have to work with us. They have to cooperate with law enforcement and turn in the people who they know are bad. They know it. And they have to do it, and they have to do it forthwith…. But the Muslims have to work with us. They have to work with us. They know what’s going on. They know that he was bad. They knew the people in San Bernardino were bad. But you know what? They didn’t turn them in. And you know what? We had death, and destruction.”

In Trump’s mind, American Muslims are “they,” while everyone else is “us.” He also believes – without any evidence at all – that American Muslims are aware of the dangerous people in their midst, but they refuse to tell “us” about would-be terrorists before it’s too late. There was also this:

“Altogether, under the Clinton plan, you’d be admitting hundreds of thousands of refugees from the Middle East with no system to vet them, or to prevent the radicalization of the children and their children. Not only their children, by the way, they’re trying to take over our children and convince them how wonderful ISIS is and how wonderful Islam is and we don’t know what’s happening.”

Trump is brazenly lying about the details – Clinton isn’t talking about “hundreds of thousands of refugees from the Middle East” and there is absolutely a vetting system in place – but note how he also wants Americans to believe scary Middle Easterners are coming to indoctrinate your children.

In the wake of the deadliest mass shooting in American history – literally one day after the bloodshed – Donald Trump wants as many people as possible to distrust their Muslim neighbors, to see them as “The Other,” and to question their loyalty.

This included oblique threats, too. “When people know what’s going on and they don’t tell us, and we have an attack, and people die, these people have to have consequences,” Trump said. “Big consequences.”

This is the kind of language from an ostensible political leader that gets people hurt.

Two hours after Clinton urged Americans to “rise to the occasion in the face of tragedy,” Trump urged Americans to fear immigrants, Muslims, and refugees.

To be sure, we’ve all heard ugly and divisive speeches from political demagogues, but remarks like these from a major-party presidential nominee aren’t normal. On the contrary, they’re terrifying, Trump is the first nominee in generations who desperately wants Americans to be afraid – if that means a near-constant stream of lies, so be it – so that they’ll put aside their better judgment and invest their trust in his authoritarian instincts.

Republican insiders were reportedly unhappy with Trump’s latest tirade, largely because he strayed so far from the GOP’s post-massacre script. But more important than election-year messaging is the nightmare of the candidate’s policy prescription.

Trump is crossing every line, abandoning every norm, and thumbing his nose at every American principle presidential hopefuls have traditionally honored. If this works, and voters decide to reward such deceitful fear-mongering, the country will never be the same.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... _fb_maddow

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jesus h goatfucking christ he's really lost it

he literally doesn't have a clue about what it takes to lead an entire nation

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 04:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lost it? He never had it.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 10:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Flashback? :olo:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump is much, much worse than Bush.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 05:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
A Twitter Bot Is Beating Trump Fans
Ever feel like you’re arguing with a brick wall? Scores of Trump supporters have been doing something just like that—fighting with an automated Twitter robot that spouts nonsense.

Many Donald Trump supporters on Twitter spent Tuesday afternoon unknowingly arguing with a robot.

@Assbott, which mostly tweets about professional wrestling and baseball, was created to immediately reply to Trump’s tweets, then respond with nonsense sentences to any user who interacts with it. But many of the presumptive Republican nominee’s fans didn’t recognize it wasn’t a person and continued fighting with it until they finally abandoned the conversation. About 10 users per hour continued tweeting at @Assbott well into Tuesday night.

@Assbott is the brainchild of a Kentucky man named Forrest, who identifies himself as @Nasboat on Twitter and declined to give his last name so his employer would not find out.

“The bot is just a mishmash of my tweets. @AwfulJack is the one who started the account. I’m clueless on the technical side,” he told The Daily Beast. “There had been a few other bots made from other users we know and follow, and I thought it was a funny concept and wanted one of my own. I sent him my archive, and he got it up and running.”
AwfulJack is manned by Jack Kirkland, who is currently unemployed in Indiana and says he created Forrest’s bot because it’s a “good exercise to learn programming.” @Assbott is running “constantly on the Heroku platform and is coded in Ruby,” he said. It uses Markov chains, which string sentences of @Nasboat’s tweets together into one larger whole.

That’s how @Assbott comes up with sentences like this:

“He likes to lick em, he likes to ride hogs, bro, you seem v nice.”

That beauty was in response to a Trump user who tweeted, “Why when he has way more likes and retweets than @HillaryClinton? Huge amount of likes in comparison! Ha!” That user, @Kanam78, appeared unaware she was arguing with a robot.

@Assbott has been around since May 2015, but the real fun started when Kirkland added functionality to it that would respond “Delete your account” to every tweet Trump sent out. Hillary Clinton famously tweeted the phrase at Trump after he criticized President Obama’s endorsement of the presumptive Democratic nominee last week.

Since @Assbott is automated, the entire world sees its reply first, before anyone else’s. @Assbott tweets instantly. So, mere seconds after Trump tweeted a “Thank you to the LGBT community!” on Tuesday, a sea of his fans were trapped in a war of words they could not win with a lifeless clump of code in a computer.

Tuesday afternoon wasn’t the first time this happened with a celebrity.

“Once John Popper from Blues Traveler was arguing with it all night long, which happened within the first six months, I figured anything was possible,” said Forrest.

But wasn’t Forrest a little surprised that an automated version of himself with no scruples or social graces was winning internet arguments with real live humans?

“Not really, because I’ve learned never to underestimate the gullibility or lack of awareness of people online, especially on Twitter,” he said. “Plus, the bot tends to get pretty inflammatory and makes no sense, which I think clearly speaks to the kind of person who supports Trump.”

The best comeback Forrest saw from his robot son on Tuesday afternoon came after someone named Alfredo Perez tweeted back at @Assbott: “Let me correct you: delete your account, Mr. President.”

@Assbott wasted no time, because @Assbott is a robot programmed not to waste time.

“I like bad tweets so I really enjoy your account is bad and your content is shit,” it replied.

“The best ones are where it seems the most sentient,” said Forrest. “It was too perfect. It replies to everything and never shuts up, just like me.”

Asked for comment on the scores of Twitter users who mistook it for a human Tuesday, @Assbott responded immediately:

“Lol yeah. It was witnessed by multiple other wrestlers?”

Probably.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking lol :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 09:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

Bush had actual experience as governor of Texas, and as much as we hated him them, in hindsight Trump makes him look like fucking FDR

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TLDR

Just asking, when do we discover who actually gets the US President job? Is there a date?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 11:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

November 8th we will elect someone, and will know that day (or the following day if it's a tight race).

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My many thanks Transient. November 8 is a long, long way off so I can indeed switch of to all this :D

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Ryoki wrote:

Bush had actual experience as governor of Texas, and as much as we hated him them, in hindsight Trump makes him look like fucking FDR

Oh. Fuck.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 06:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 09:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he's gone full Palin :olo:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 10:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe he's talking about Belgium, Wisconsin?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 11:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not, it's a stinking hobo infested shit hole.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
he's gone full Palin :olo:

Palin > Hillary :drool:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bill fucked up

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 04:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Maybe he's talking about Belgium, Wisconsin?

Longer clip (from Belgian television. See magnificent expresseion on the presenter's face at the end of the clip, hehe :) )

He refers to this statement:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 05:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

remember people , you can DO anything and everything no matter how awful and it will be forgotten and forgivin.

but dont SAY anything that upsets the _____ because it will never be forgooten and thier rage and tears are eternal

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 06:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
remember people , you can DO anything and everything no matter how awful and it will be forgotten and forgivin.

but dont SAY anything that upsets the _____ because it will never be forgooten and thier rage and tears are eternal

ooooo I'll play...

but dont SAY anything that upsets the plained types because it will never be forgooten and thier rage and tears are eternal

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i dont bully or try to manipulate people people into my opinions.

why do u feel compelled to influence peoples votes and opinions?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Earth's second one is called Cruithne. It was discovered in 1986 and it takes a convoluted horseshoe path around our planet as it is tossed about by the Earth's and the Moon's gravity.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:

yes you do

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok i understand you are afraid to answer any questions.

it is a self defense mech for your type.

carry on expressing your eternal tears in any and all unrelated threads, because you know that proves how upset i am.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:

speaking of being afraid, why leave a word blank in your near attempt at a statement?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:

carry on expressing your eternal tears in any and all unrelated threads, because you know that proves how upset i am.

dude you're describing yourself.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 07:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:

you don't have opinions, you just sit on the sidelines trying to referee other people's opinion-sharing with content-free snark. that's what makes your interjections so fucking tedious, brosephine

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i have opinions, your tactic of not recognizing them is just that, a tactic. i dont "operate" i just say what i mean.

i have an opinion that all opinions are equal, and people have the right to have them, acting on retarded ones is wrong sure.

i dont feel my opinions are better or righter than others, because i can admit i dont know everything about everything.

others who are not vested interest goons forcefully shoving agendas and smearing , but believe they are intellectuals disallow others opinions at any cost think they "know everything about everything" and cannot conceive of anything else outside their relhm of knowledge and understanding.

thats cuz they know and understand everything :olo:

Last edited by plained on 06-17-2016 08:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 07:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can always tell when plained is gotten to, cause he becomes coherent...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
November 8th we will elect someone, and will know that day (or the following day if it's a tight race).

Will the race be tight like a butthole, or loose like sleeve of wizard?

Tune in November 8th to find out!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
i have an opinion that all opinions are equal

they're not. some are thoughtful and intelligent, while others are ill-conceived, ignorant, or just plain stupid. this is the simple fact you refuse to recognise

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-17-2016 10:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know plained is really serial when he forgets to make typos.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.