Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump


Post new topicReply to topic
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC




Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 20629
PostPosted: 06-19-2018 09:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Gramps is a trumpanzee... What a fucking tool... :olo: ...

Also he seems too poor to benefit from the Trump tax cuts... Lol poor ppl...




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 03:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


At the end of the day, people like Gwamps have to wake up in the morning and look themselves in the mirror and tell themselves, "Today, I'm ok with terrorizing kids to send a message".

I think that speaks volumes about the character of a lot of Americans. They should be ashamed that they even tried to justify it by using mental gymnastics. Every other advanced nation has this problem, no one has to separate kids from their families to verify their identities and process them. The separation of families is absolutely meant to send a message to other immigrants. There's no laws forcing them to do this, they choose to do it by pointing at a policy as their excuse and citing bible verses to solidify their stance. Everyone complicit in this should be held accountable and put behind bars.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 04:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


scared? wrote:
Gramps is a trumpanzee...


Um, no...




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Κracus wrote:
At the end of the day, people like Gwamps have to wake up in the morning and look themselves in the mirror and tell themselves, "Today, I'm ok with terrorizing kids to send a message".

I think that speaks volumes about the character of a lot of Americans. They should be ashamed that they even tried to justify it by using mental gymnastics. Every other advanced nation has this problem, no one has to separate kids from their families to verify their identities and process them. The separation of families is absolutely meant to send a message to other immigrants. There's no laws forcing them to do this, they choose to do it by pointing at a policy as their excuse and citing bible verses to solidify their stance. Everyone complicit in this should be held accountable and put behind bars.


Another incredibly naive and misinformed analysis. No surprise there.

When you can get Obama, Hillary and Trump all to say we need to strengthen our border and not encourage immigrants to use their children to gain access to the US, there's a problem.

I'm 100% for legal immigration, where people go through the naturalization process, become Americans, get jobs and pay taxes.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
Another incredibly naive and misinformed analysis. No surprise there.

When you can get Obama, Hillary and Trump all to say we need to strengthen our border and not encourage immigrants to use their children to gain access to the US, there's a problem.

I'm 100% for legal immigration, where people go through the naturalization process, become Americans, get jobs and pay taxes.


Tell me what part is naive and misinformed. Saying it, doesn't make it so.

Strengthening a border doesn't mean you need to traumatize kids. Get that through your thick head. You can achieve one without enabling the other. Other countries don't have this problem and not only that, immigration is down in the US since 2011. It's not the sensationalized problem you're making it out to be.

That's great that you're for legal immigration, so why are you ok with terrorizing kids to send a message to immigrants? Doesn't make much sense bro.




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12200
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 04:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Gramps is conflating boarder security and immigration with separating children from their parents over a misdemeanor offense. Someone should take this morons kid away next time he gets a speeding ticket.




Top
                 

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 20629
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 04:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Gramps is pretending he's not a trumpanzee... How cute...




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
Gramps is conflating boarder security and immigration with separating children from their parents over a misdemeanor offense. Someone should take this morons kid away next time he gets a speeding ticket.


Dummies comparing traffic violations to illegal immigration like they're the exact same thing.

Maybe you should present a valid alternative along with a sensible means of funding.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


It doesn't even matter gramps, I think the general consensus is that even if it was illegal, there's no reason to separate families and the fact that it's being done now by republicans is strictly as a way to send a message to other immigrants. Your government is terrorizing families to make a point. This isn't to enforce a law (there are no laws requiring this btw) and it's not something that's always been done.

This is a republican policy and that policy serves no purpose if kids aren't being terrified. It's the goal of your current administration to deter immigrants by taking their kids from them. There's no justification and the excuses you've been fed are straight up spun to make it sound like it's the law and you're gobbling it up like there's no other way.

I highly recommend you read up or watch the milgram experiment. What's going on today is very much linked to what that particular experiment has taught us. I think a lot of americans should watch it, I think they made a movie or documentary about it at one point. It's a fascinating subject and I think everyone should at least read up on it once in their life.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Don't separate kids from their parents and stop terrorizing children. Okay, done. Now what? What do we do with the families? Can we send them back from where they came? Maybe we can work out some sort of deal to send a portion them to Canada. No reason America should be financially responsible for every illegal immigrant crossing their northern most border.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 06:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Yeah absolutely, you can process immigrants, illegal and not, and do with them as the policies you decide. No, you can't send them to Canada, we take in a lot of refugees, believe it or not and we don't send them to the US when they're barred from entering Canada. You can send them back to their home countries, imprison them if their known criminals etc... Give them due process, absolutely, I wholeheartedly agree with that idea and I think that is a reasonable solution to this particular problem.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


So Canada has no room for immigrants? Come on, really?

I can assure you that most people who have an issue with the way things are currently being handled will be vehemently against sending them back to their country of origination.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 08:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I'm sorry, where did I say we have no room for immigrants? Pretty sure I said the exact opposite. What I'm saying is that US immigrants aren't Canada's problem. We have our own immigrants and we don't take kids away from their parents as a deterrent.

People may have issues with that depending on how frivolous the reasons are to send people back to their deaths.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


They would be "Canadian" immigrants if our borders were swapped...

You mean to tell me Canada isn't interested in helping with the illegal immigration, um, I mean fleeing refugees who are leaving, um, I mean being displaced from their home countries. I thought you guys were more progressive than that.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


We are... In fact when your dolt in chief started on about anti immigration policies we stepped up and told the world's refugees Canada would be a safe haven for them even if the US wouldn't. We're leagues ahead of you in terms of immigration screening and policies.




Top
                 

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
Joined: 01 Mar 2001
Posts: 19841
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote





Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Κracus wrote:
We are... In fact when your dolt in chief started on about anti immigration policies we stepped up and told the world's refugees Canada would be a safe haven for them even if the US wouldn't. We're leagues ahead of you in terms of immigration screening and policies.


Great. Hopefully you guys will step up and take over housing and naturalizing immigrants from South of the US border for the next 10 to 20 years. That would be a big help. :up:




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12200
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
shaft wrote:
Gramps is conflating boarder security and immigration with separating children from their parents over a misdemeanor offense. Someone should take this morons kid away next time he gets a speeding ticket.


Dummies comparing traffic violations to illegal immigration like they're the exact same thing.


Yeah you're right, first time illegal entry is a misdemeanor and a $50 fine. Last time I got a speeding ticket it was a $180 fine. Thats over 3x worse.




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12200
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 12:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Wow, good news. After weeks of saying only congress can change the law stopping family separation Trump just found a way to end his own policy with a stroke of a pen and a big show photo op like hes the hero. Its almost as if he was lying before?

https://apnews.com/1dafadd6fee4447cadd4a0179553026e




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
Yeah you're right, first time illegal entry is a misdemeanor and a $50 fine. Last time I got a speeding ticket it was a $180 fine. Thats over 3x worse.


Excellent then. They should just pay their fine, turn around and go back home. Right?




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12200
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 01:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Because being vocal about not having your kids taken away over petty misdemeanors means you're for open borders. Right?




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12200
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 01:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
Wow, good news. After weeks of saying only congress can change the law stopping family separation Trump just found a way to end his own policy with a stroke of a pen and a big show photo op like hes the hero. Its almost as if he was lying before?

https://apnews.com/1dafadd6fee4447cadd4a0179553026e






Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
Because being vocal about not having your kids taken away over petty misdemeanors means you're for open borders. Right?


I don't know. I guess it's like being vocal about illegal immigration means you're for kids being taken away for illegal immigration




Top
                 

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
Joined: 01 Mar 2001
Posts: 19841
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Gwamps working overtime in this thread to justify taking kids away from their parents and locking them in cages.

What an utter scumbag. Doesn't get that much worse than him. It's actually hard to find words that adequately describe how horrible a person he is.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16102
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 08:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
Κracus wrote:
We are... In fact when your dolt in chief started on about anti immigration policies we stepped up and told the world's refugees Canada would be a safe haven for them even if the US wouldn't. We're leagues ahead of you in terms of immigration screening and policies.


Great. Hopefully you guys will step up and take over housing and naturalizing immigrants from South of the US border for the next 10 to 20 years. That would be a big help. :up:


Canada's not the one that waged war against Mexico and then turned it into a failed state with CIA-backed drug cartels, blocko.




Top
                 

Pestilence
Pestilence
Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Posts: 15781
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Trump reversed it. Discuss. I'm sure most of you will say it's to save face, and you'd be right. But, it's been reversed, ultimately better right? Nope still an angle. You guys will never be happy amirite?




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34818
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 10:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


He doesn't get any credit for reversing that fucked up policy change.




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43133
PostPosted: 06-20-2018 11:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


It’s so funny to see how this discussion in this thread is so black/white. No one seems to try and find a middle ground.

As for YGP personally, all youve been doing is vaguely saying that yes, you oppose the seperation of children and parents, but you always follow it up with but {some statement about illegal immigration being illegal}. The problem is that a “but” negates whatever came before. It’s constantly like you’re trying to justify this policy, even if you don’t intend to.




Top
                 

Shambolic
Shambolic
Joined: 11 Apr 2000
Posts: 7869
PostPosted: 06-21-2018 01:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Gramps' line about Canada "not having room for immigrants?" chilled me; one of my favourite contemporary British sci-fi authors recently wrote a book called "America City", where that attitude is explored extensively.
I highly recommend it.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5321
PostPosted: 06-21-2018 03:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


It's such a stupid angle I'm not even going to bother. It's like he doesn't realize we already get mexican immigrants and that our population is a fraction of the US.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-21-2018 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Gwamps working overtime in this thread to justify taking kids away from their parents and locking them in cages.

What an utter scumbag. Doesn't get that much worse than him. It's actually hard to find words that adequately describe how horrible a person he is.


You're couldn't be more wrong StuFFNBuTTs. People like you get on your moral high horse and scream like a child about how bad something is, but you've got NO alternative. Your view of the situation is so narrow and bias that it obscures your ability to reason. I'm certain you still don't have a viable suggestion, let alone a solution for America's immigration problem. Only complaints. And that's my entire point. Never once did I say I was for separating children from there parents. However, I can understand there are problems on both sides of this issue. Those problems have never been dealt with and need a clear resolution. But instead of being objective, you close your mind and rail on. That's the problem with wingers like you in our government. You only want to complain about the other side and do nothing to promote change. Immigration reform isn't a black and white issue. It's something that is a big problem for America, both ethically and financially. We can't let everyone in and we can't send everyone home. "We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws". So the next time you want to throw a tantrum, come with a recommendation or just STFU. We've heard it already.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-21-2018 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Mat Linnett wrote:
Gramps' line about Canada "not having room for immigrants?" chilled me; one of my favourite contemporary British sci-fi authors recently wrote a book called "America City", where that attitude is explored extensively.
I highly recommend it.


Sarcasm... Something so easily lost in text. My comments about Canada are said in jest. I don't expect Canada to do anything to alleviate the problem we have with immigration in America. Why would they? But again, being critical of a situation that you have little knowledge of without offering anything constructive seems a bit ignorant. Sorry.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-21-2018 05:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Transient wrote:
He doesn't get any credit for reversing that fucked up policy change.


Of course not. On to the next complaint. Right? :tard:




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48297
PostPosted: 06-21-2018 05:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
Mat Linnett wrote:
Gramps' line about Canada "not having room for immigrants?" chilled me; one of my favourite contemporary British sci-fi authors recently wrote a book called "America City", where that attitude is explored extensively.
I highly recommend it.


Sarcasm... Something so easily lost in text. My comments about Canada are said in jest. I don't expect Canada to do anything to alleviate the problem we have with immigration in America. Why would they? But again, being critical of a situation that you have little knowledge of without offering anything constructive seems a bit ignorant. Sorry.


A little bit like the assumption you just made, right?




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20644
PostPosted: 06-21-2018 05:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Can you please try to be a little more ambiguous next time. I'm certain the more you obscure the thoughts you are trying to convey the better it'll be for everyone. You know, as close as we can get to you not saying anything at all. :up:




Top
                 
Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion


Post new topic Reply to topic


cron
Quake3World.com
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group