Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also WWII was ended in 1917.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 05:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
I know your bias is a debilitating mental handicap. But I'm sure if you re-read you'll clearly see I said "return of". You have to be familiar with how things were before Covid 19 and George Floyd, neither of which were Trumps fault.

Trump has the blood of thousands of American lives on his hands from Covid alone. However, nothing I say is going to deter you from being a Fox News talking point. Best of luck, I hope you and your family stay safe.

^^^ The lone sane Floridian? Maybe...

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah man, there's a lot of us here. The problem is, the leadership here is all Republican and they'll do anything to keep it that way.

Look at the last election, Floridians voted for the Voting Rights Act which would give felons their right back to vote once they were out. Source

The government stepped in and basically invalidated what the people voted for. I believe, like others that if everyone who was allowed to vote in Florida did, this would be a blue state.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 09:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh absolutely it would be. It’s similar with private prisons. They want to keep weed illegal to keep people incarcerated that would otherwise vote for the blue. There are 700,000 people in jail right now in the USA because of possession. That’s a lot of votes to suppress...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IIRC, one of the big reasons why there are so many crazy stories out of Florida is because the law allows for journalists to get access to police reports more easily than a lot of other states. :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 11:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Everyone likes to read about florida man.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 12:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Biden picks Kamala...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I guess we get our first female president in 2024 then. Too bad it's gonna be a cop.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 02:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What does Gramps think about Harris? She is, after all, Ms. Law and Order...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 08:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He thinks she's bad cuz she's black and a dem hoax...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 10:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
What does Gramps think about Harris? She is, after all, Ms. Law and Order...

Me thinks your not from the bay area, by your definition of law and order you mean sanctuary defecation?

Is there any positive/praise from the left for the police, don't think so, and defund/re-direct is all anti law and order that is all from the left.

IMO the anti police position simply put is the end of the left chances in the election regardless. Harris nomination is like an accelerated version of when Hillary moved to NY. So is she not expected to lose this time? Deja vu anyone?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 11:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TLMUFDVR wrote:
defund/re-direct is all anti law and order

No it's not. Why do some many people have such a hard time understanding this?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 12:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because they never stop to think about where that money goes, instead of into the police force. They hear the word "defund" and their brains melt. :rolleyes:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 12:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fwiw policy made off the back of strong emotions is seldom good policy

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 01:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Contrary to the current, well considered and thought out policy.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

Here's another one:
https://gizmodo.com/florida-sheriff-ban ... 1844696169

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
seremtan wrote:

combat stupid with stupid?

ok albert

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Eraser wrote:

combat stupid with stupid?

ok albert

You're great at spewing out empty one-liners that seem vaguely intellectual.

But to get at the problem at hand, first let's make sure we talk about the same thing: defunding the police is not about getting rid of the police or stopping law enforcement from doing their jobs. It's about reallocating resources towards more specific public services like mental health workers, social workers and education. If the knee jerk reaction against an increase in crime is more cops then it might be worth doing investments towards taking away the root causes first. This reduces the need for a bigger, stronger police force.

Look at many (North) European countries who invest a lot more in disadvantaged people. The police there has a different role and a much higher level of respect from the community. And when I see American police drive around in military grade armored vehicles and military warzone equipment then I don't doubt there's quite a few dollars rolling in the wrong direction.

You cannot just go and call that line of reasoning an emotional outburst and stupid without further explanation, Shirley?

Edit:
Oh and yes, there are people who just want to completely get rid of police, but that's still considered to be more at the radical end of the spectrum or is just right-wing blue line assholes like Gramps who wish to discredit the whole notion of doing community oriented investments.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 03:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Κracus wrote:

Here's another one:
https://gizmodo.com/florida-sheriff-ban ... 1844696169

:rolleyes: Florida man!! And you guys think I'm crazy it's raw you should be worried about.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

His brother got a baseball-sized hole in his belly from a snake bite. Wasn't he a snake wrangler or something? That's 1 crazy story away from becoming a Florida Man. :smirk:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
TLMUFDVR wrote:

Yea that mall cop will protect your family and business no problem. How can it cost less to have more improved training and oversight along with more officers? If the money is not going into the police force as intended it is not the police and communities fault to be threatened with it is the leaders of those locations. The threat with no clear plan in place is the reason not to vote left yet again.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

it's his forte

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-12-2020 11:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So this is Trump and his wife posing with a baby whose parents were both shot and killed in the El Paso mass shooting. He didn't give any words of empathy to the uncle and aunt of the baby (also in the picture). No in fact, after all survivors of the shooting in the hospital refused to meet Trump, he had ordered the baby, who had already left the hospital with uncle/aunt to be brought back so he could take the photo op. The shooter was a white supremacist and outspoken Trump supporter. On the photo, Trump just smiles and gives a thumbs up.

Often I see people, especially those in favor of Trump, say that personality shouldn't matter when it comes to politicians. It should be about policy. A very friendly, amiable person can still do horrible things. That is true, but I cannot see the two things apart. Someone's personality will strongly influence the policies they will create and back. I haven't seen the contrary either.

Trump is a egocentric narcissist. That is a very dangerous basis for a presidency.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 05:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
His brother got a baseball-sized hole in his belly from a snake bite. Wasn't he a snake wrangler or something? That's 1 crazy story away from becoming a Florida Man. :smirk:

Yeah I forgot all about that, didn't he post pics too?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 05:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Never expect anything of substance from a neo-liberal centrist.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 05:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Often I see people, especially those in favor of Trump, say that personality shouldn't matter when it comes to politicians. It should be about policy. A very friendly, amiable person can still do horrible things. That is true, but I cannot see the two things apart. Someone's personality will strongly influence the policies they will create and back. I haven't seen the contrary either.

Trump is a egocentric narcissist. That is a very dangerous basis for a presidency.

Obama was very well-spoken and acted with class and dignity. He also expanded the Patriot Act, bombed 7 countries, destroyed Libya, bailed out the bankers that bankrupted the world, further deregulated Wall Street, separated migrants from their children, jailed and prosecuted whistleblowers, and oversaw a drone kill list with unprecedented illegal surveillance. Considering Hillary was an integral part of his war crimes cabinet, she would've continued the same path but in an even more maniacal way. Thank goodness racist crime bill Biden is here to restore democracy and justice under the moderate Republican banner. Hooray for the status quo :dork:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bill Clinton did some heinous shit, too. As did Bush. They should all share a jail cell. :up:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 09:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
TLMUFDVR wrote:

Retards, by definition, aren't running with a full tank of gas. :smirk:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump has now admitted that he's sabotaging the U.S. postal service in order to mess with mail in votes.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi all, every once in a while I check in on y'all and just wanted to stop by to say Gramps is a fucking moron.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cory wrote:
Hi all, every once in a while I check in on y'all and ..............

It has been 12 years :eek:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 07:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow! Gotta be some kind of a record!

And I love how it resulted in a Gramps evaluation...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-13-2020 09:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-14-2020 12:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.